You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

... is the worst co-commentator in the history of football. I was wanting to kill him last night during the Spurs game.

I'd rather have Andy Gray back than listen to Wilkins again. For all his anti-Liverpool bias, Gray was 10 times the commentator 'Butch' is.

"Come on Ricky (Carvalho) no need for that, that was only allowed while you played for Chelsea... We (Spurs) have done well in the opening 30 seconds, the score is still 0-0... the ref's been absolutely brilliant, best performance I've seen from a ref but he got the penalty decision wrong, he should have booked half the Real team and is patently biased against Spurs... We (Spurs) have been brilliant, 4-0 is a harsh score line but we still have a chance while Harry (Redknapp) is managing us... I keep using the personal pronoun 'we' even though I have absolutely no links to Spurs whatsoever, and I'm sure the supporters of the club I do have links to (Chelsea) are going to love me for my pro-Spurs bias..."

Fuck off Wilkins.

even the less refined and educated viewers over here were baffled and annoyed by his commentary.

i lost count the number of times he suggested 'play the man, not the ball' then switched seamlessly to 'watch where the ball is going, not the man'.

embarrassing and cringe-worthy.

I know this won't go down well on here but what the hey!

I really enjoyed last night. Just think two seasons ago we beat Real home & away. Not only beat, but humiliated them at Anfield.

Apologies but - hahahaha at Redknapp (rather than Tottenham, who I don't actually mind).

Wasn't it "good ole 'Arry" who said that the problem at Liverpool was not the owners (not Mr Henry, Cancer & Aids), it was the squad Rafa left behind?

In fact wasn't it "salt of the Earth 'Arry" who said we should thank Hicks and Gillette for all they have done in providing Benitez with so much "wonga" in the transfer market?

It's not their fault Benitez wasted it all. We shouldn't have taken out our frustrations on Hicks & Gillette because they backed Rafa with hard cash...

I love watching them get beat, wanted Inter to get 7 against them earleir in the season when they were 4 up, before Bales one man show made it look close on the night.

My dislike for 'Arry is only bettered by that for Ferguson. But Ferguson has earned my hatred over a long time, 'Arry has gotten in there very quickly.

Tweets in the mirror. :lol: :lol:

@mirrorfootball: People laughed at Fabio's 100 words but that's still 96 more than Ray Wilkins #stayonyourfeet

@Akshay10: Wilkins got fired because he kept saying "Stay on your feet" to Drogba.

@mirrorfootball: Good luck to any female viewers going for a half-time pee #stayonyourfeet

@old_punky: Tidied for you -->Good luck to any male viewers going for a half-time pee #sprayonyourfeet

@demonskot: Poor Steven Hawking #stayonyourfeet

@russ_cooper: Poor Heather Mills, #stayonyourfoot

@mirrorfootball: Let's hope nobody asks Glenn Hoddle for his views on people in wheelchairs again #stayonyourfeet

@mirrorfootball: Either Real Madrid should have had a pelanty or Michael Dawson is playing for the 2012 volleyball team

@mirrorfootball: Jermain Defoe coming on - good move. Low centre of gravity means better chance of #stayonyourfeet

@simonwalsh7: Harry's half time team talk "don't sit down" #stayonyourfeet

@TonyTame: little known fact Ray Wilkins was Todd Carty's skating coach for Dancing on Ice #stayonyourfeet

@russ_cooper: WORLDS GREATEST sleeps standing up #stayonyourfeet

@mikkiboy23: its a shame your old boss bob maxwell wasnt told #stayonyourfeet

@mirrorfootball: If I was Ray's agent, I'd get him on Twitter straight after the final whistle #stayonyourTweet

@pinny8: let's hope Ray Wilkins doesn't get to excited after tonight's game #stainonyoursheet

@crashdavis2008: Next winter Ray is fronting a safety campaign to keep the pavements safe in icy weather #stayonyourfeet

@Ooxdan: no R.A.F go astray when on operations in Libya #stayinyourfleet

@Roddylarge: I hope Jim Mc Donald is back for a while #stayinthestreet

@rowedog: I heard that Lennon is gluten intolerant #stayofthewheat

@nicocco: Off to Greece tomorrow. #StayinginCrete

@sanglesey: it was a mistake for Ray to drink cheap plonk instead of his usual vintage #stayonLafite

Read more: Football jokes Real Madrid 4-0 Tottenham Ray Wilkins Stay on your feet, Emmanuel Adebayor is the new Samson, Intergalactico Gareth Bale is Worlds greatest Human, Michael Dawson 2012 volleyball audition, Peter Crouch Madrid shame and more - Top 10 Twe