You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

Speculative spoiler alert>>>>>>>>>>

I was onto that Jon snow rhaegar shit moons ago. He's obvously Ned's nephew. Infact I wrote it in this very thread or the books one.

Looks nothing like a Targaryen though. A Stark through-and-through by the looks of him. It's still a good theory though that's been banded around for a while and would make a lot of sense.

I have been very disappointed with the second half of this season. There's been no spark, it's too fragmented and they've diluted all but two or three characters. I was in awe at the number of strands they had in play in season two, culminating with that spectacular blackwater episode, which is one of the finest I have seen on TV. Season three hasn't been anywhere near as good, in my opinion. Having Daenery's fucking about on the other side of the world and not in King's landing, or at least scrapping with another principal character, is the TV equivalent of not making Mayweather/Pacquiao in 2010.

Looks nothing like a Targaryen though. A Stark through-and-through by the looks of him. It's still a good theory though that's been banded around for a while and would make a lot of sense.

But the targaryan stay blonde and such because of incest, introducing stark blood could be more dominant with hair colour. I tells thee.

Err... Lyanna is Ned Stark's little sister. Ned "rescues her" from Tower of Joy in Dorne, and she dies shortly afterwards. Ned returns home with a bastard child in tote...

With as many times as Jon Snow is asked about his mother and is unclear... there has to be something more there. George RR Martin isn't prone to pointless dialogue. It seems unlike him to leave that alone later in the books.

bit of a coincidence that he's a warg though - like all of Neds other kids - and whilst there is at least one other warg they are rocking horse shit rare. But if you're right maybe him and Daenerys will get it on.

Bloody hell Lance, I've read the books and hadn't picked up on more than half of that! Gonna have to read them again now aren't I?

Sorry, my nerd crown reigns supreme.

I read the first book when it came out, and he spent fuckings years between all of them. (two years, two years, five years, six years) between all four of the books... So, I read the first one. Put it down, bought the second one, read the first over again and then the second one.

Put them down. Bought the third one, read the first and second again, and then the third. Put them down.

Was teased that the 4th one was going to be released... so I read 1/2/3 about 2 years after book 3... then read 1/2/3/4 after buying the 4th... At this point, Martin said that book 5 will be released a year after book 4, on his official website, he said it was done.

Then he didn't update his website for about 3 years, saying he wanted to move things around/etc. So i got duped into reading the series again... with no new book, then I waited for book 5 and read 'em again.

It's hard work being this nerdy.

Speculative spoiler alert>>>>>>>>>>

I was onto that Jon snow rhaegar shit moons ago. He's obvously Ned's nephew. Infact I wrote it in this very thread or the books one.

He's not obviously anything, really, but there is enough to speculate that he's not Ned's son. I think maybe we talked about in the books thread? Maybe? I don't remember, really... but I probably posted about it.

Jon Arryn's character had very few duties in this series, before he died, and one was to tell people that "The Seed is Strong." So, essentially, Martin has already made one plot point about how a child can look so much like one parent over another parent... and he's gone on and on about how Targaryen blood is 'weak', but can make people like Dany and Rhaegar.

Agree with everything Unrighteous said in that long spoiler post and his hypothesis although I am sceptical about the Jon Snow one.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

http://www.westeros.org/GoT/Episodes/Entry/Mhysa/Book_Spoilers/#Book_to_Screen

This is a great link for direct comparison from book to screen which is great keeping up with the differences.

The point you make about Joffrey killing prostitutes etc, that scene doesn't exist at all in the books neither does that prostitute.

One thing that's annoyed me is Gendry being taken by Melisandre to Stanis etc, when there's no contact or knowledge at all of Gendry by Stannis and his people. It was another bastard (a baby) called Edrick that Melisandre planned to sacrifice. I guess they just wanted to keep it less complicated but still annoyed me.

Also what's happened to Coldhands? Wasn't he supposed to guide Sam and Gilly back across the wall then be the guide taking Bran and the Reeds north? Hope they don't cut him out, but I'm guessing they'll bump into him across the wall.

Agree with your post re Littlefinger, his cunning hasn't been revealed to the full extent at all, I mean the whole thing was started by him right at the beginning when he aided in the plan to poison John Arryn!

Every season of Game of Thrones has had all the major drama and action in the ninth episode and used the tenth to set the table for the next season. I've seen so many people say they thought the finale would have a major climax and it's like they've not watched it for the last three years.

• Upvote 1

Still haven't seen this week's, all I can say is there were so many things that could have sent the season off with a bang. So many great cliffhangers there for the taking, if they haven't finished at least Tyrion's story as they should have I'll be a little annoyed. Judging by the reaction I assume they haven't.

Have to agree with the comments in regard to Littlefinger. Out of all the characters his portrayal in the TV series has been the most disappointing. Whether actor or writing or maybe a little of both they just have not got it right for me. The speech this series where he explains chaos theory was brilliantly delivered but that's been more the exception than the rule with Aidan Gillan's performance over the three series.

I'm with Unrighteous and Bobby Hundreds on Jon Snow's true heritage. There is a reason there are 3 dragons........

Book Question Responses. There aren't really 'spoilers' in here, if you're current with the show, but I've alluded to two things that 'may' happen next season... meaning... they don't seem like they're going to use that story-arc at all, so i've talked about it. If they get introduced, then it doesn't matter, because it won't be surprising information. (Well, one of them would be TOTALLY against the way that they've developed a character)

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Well, they've culled a few storylines, and it's made things a bit awkward for me.

1- The biggest, and most important one (IMO), was that Cersei is a lot more of a cunt than shown in the show. She immediately starts fucking her teenaged cousin Landceal when Jamie was taken captive. He looks like Jamie, and Cersei uses him to do things for her, like a little sexual whipping boy.

They also delve into her past --- Jamie reveals that Cersei was the catalyst behind their relationship, and she basically used him ... and didn't have that faithful devotion that Jamie held for her. They talk about how cruel Cersei was to Tyrion when he was a child...

Also, she told Ned Stark that, once, she was pregnant with Robert's child... so she aborted it.

2 - Landceal eventually follows this new religion, that should have been introduced by now (but maybe it will be next season), that sweeps across Westeros. It's anti-landed nobiity, and preaches to the common man. It's a massive revolution style thing... I can't imagine that they leave this part out of it.

3 - Tyrion and Shae. Shae was NEVER in love with Tyrion, but Tyrion was in love with Shae. Tyrion eventually catches Shae fucking Tywin. Oh the scandal! (I won't elaborate, because it launches Tyrion into a new realm of awesomeness that cannot be ignored in the TV show)

4) They've slightly changed the Hound's character. How he's protecting Aria, and trying to do 'right' for her in his moral code is totally inline with his character in the book. The Hound, sort of, protects Sansa a bit and talks to her at various parts during her in the previous 'marry joffrey' story arc. It makes the relationship between Aria/Hound more understandable here. He has a bit of a grudging respect for her, and they sort of turn into companions on their travels... despite her, matter of factly, telling him that she's going to kill him one day.

For example, The Hound tells Sansa about the Mountain holding his face to the fire for playing with one of his toys when he was a kid. In the Show? It's Littlefinger. The Hound's character was trying to, basically, tell Sansa about reality and take that 'well he must be vary galiant to be a knight' etc bullshit out of her pretty little head. He was preparing her for Joffrey... or trying to help her prepare for that sad reality.

5) They talk about Loras/Renly getting it on, but it's never overt (that I recall). Same with Stannis and the Red Witch. They never actually have it out in the open, and it's up to us to figure out how the 'Stannis ghost' was made...

6) Joffrey is a repugnant little shit, but I don't remember him beating and killing prostitutes. Nor does he order the attack on Tyrion, or the deaths of Robert's bastard children. That's all Cersei, baby!

7) Littlefinger is a LOT more cunning, devious, and secretive in the book. It's almost like he's a brazen fucking nutter in the show... He'd never be trusted with the position, and favours that he's been granted, if he acted like this, in the book. He's a devious little snake, and he's meekly sat in the shadows manipulating everything from here, there, and back again to get where he is... He's up to something massive. It hasn't even been fully hatched in the books yet, but it's clear that he's going to wtf murk the World when he does whatever he's been building this power to do... (I have a pretty strong idea of his plan)

8) In the Books... Robb's wife is a Lannister girl. Jeyne Westerling. They're Lannister bannermen. She isn't stabbed in the womb, infact, she's safe in Westerling ... and she couldn't have been pregnant, because her Mother (Under orders from Tywin Lannister) gave her a potion to keep her from getting pregnant) Essentially, thinking of Jeyne's honor and the life of Jon Snow... Robb marries her because he wants to protect her honor, after he fucks her. He wasn't madly in love with her.

9) No one kidnapped Dany's dragons in Qarth. She gets tricked to go into the Magi place... The Dragons do save her though, when she burns that motherfucker up. Also, that Xaro dude isn't very straight, if he's straight at all, and he wasn't an immigrant... He's seeking Dany's hand for her dragons, because there is a Qarth tradition that a new Husband can make one demand of his bride that cannot be declined.

10) No Focus on the direwolves. They're in the background. This makes me fucking angry... they are a big focus in the books.

11) The Symbol of the Hand of the King is a fucking CHAIN of square golden links (I think) and it's VERY important to one specific event that is yet to happen.

12) I didn't really want to add this one, but whilst I'm writing a fucking novel on the differences... There was always the small hint that maybe... JUST MAYBE Jon Snow wasn't Eddard Stark's biological son. It's never been pointed at, and you never hear whom Jon Snow's mother really is... and all these unclear things made me think that there might be a storyline arc that'll come from Jon Snow not being Eddard Stark's real son. Ned was a man of real honor and integrity, and I could see him raising someone elses son as his own, in order to protect him... at the request of his father or mother. (Hint hint: I think He's Rhaegar Targaryan and Robert's love "Lyanna" child... to be honest. For unknown reasons, the honorable Rhaegar kidnaps Lyanna, which is really what set Robert Baratheon off... THESE AREN"T SPOILERS they are just speculation. The more that I've read the book[ive read each book several times] the more certain that I feel about this...)

13) We should be MUCH farther along with Bran's powers, by now... and all of the other stark children are Wargs, as well, but Aria and Jon Snow are powerful wargs and have 'wolf dreams' and such. (Except maybe Sansa)

There has been lots of little sequencing changes where things happen out of order, but that hasn't really mattered all that much in this series.

Fuck me... everytime I wrote one, I thought of another...

Sweet Hayzeus!!! Much appreciated for the indepthness of it all.

Very disappointed with the finale, back to more setup and not much action. They are really playing the long game with this show, I suppose they have to seeing as the book aren't finished.

I would have likes to see just one character I hate get killed off though.

It's constant doom and gloom with all the people you root for getting murdered by pricks you hate. I'm sure it will all come around in the end but that will probably be 5 years away.

Still love the show I was just hoping for a glimmer of a good guy getting some revenge to cheer me up a little.

Agree with everything Unrighteous said in that long spoiler post and his hypothesis although I am sceptical about the Jon Snow one.

http://www.westeros.org/GoT/Episodes/Entry/Mhysa/Book_Spoilers/#Book_to_Screen

This is a great link for direct comparison from book to screen which is great keeping up with the differences.

The point you make about Joffrey killing prostitutes etc, that scene doesn't exist at all in the books neither does that prostitute.

One thing that's annoyed me is Gendry being taken by Melisandre to Stanis etc, when there's no contact or knowledge at all of Gendry by Stannis and his people. It was another bastard (a baby) called Edrick that Melisandre planned to sacrifice. I guess they just wanted to keep it less complicated but still annoyed me.

Also what's happened to Coldhands? Wasn't he supposed to guide Sam and Gilly back across the wall then be the guide taking Bran and the Reeds north? Hope they don't cut him out, but I'm guessing they'll bump into him across the wall.

Agree with your post re Littlefinger, his cunning hasn't been revealed to the full extent at all, I mean the whole thing was started by him right at the beginning when he aided in the plan to poison John Arryn!

The Coldhands thing just can't really be ignored, but I figured that'd be picked up after Bran crosses the wall. Oddly, I didn't think of the involvement of Sam/Gilly with it at all. It didn't strike me as 'unnatural' that it was cut... Looking at it now, it really makes sense. I couldn't imagine the audience at home being anything but TOTALLY PUZZLED about Coldhands at this point in the story.

I didn't think of the Edrick thing, either, but it all struck me as odd when I was watching the Gendry/Melisandre thing... I was a bit puzzled by it all, because I didn't remember it.

Anywho, I was TOTALLY surprised that they brought up Maester Aemon in this last episode, because it seemed like that part of the Night Watch story wasn't going to be realized... Makes me wonder what will happen when Stannis arrives, because Aemon has the blood of the kings, as well, but when they've changed the Edrick/Gendry thing... perhaps they'll try to use Aemon's blood instead of the Good ole Baby Switcheroo!

I also reckon that they'll be forced to cut a lot of the stuff in Danys' storyarc... as well as the Ironborn kingsmoot storyline... I just can't see how they'll cram all of it into next season. What will they do with the 'other' Targaryen, and how will Shae end up in the end? The Dorne part. There is just sooo much new content heading towards the story. I'm worried that they're going to slash and burn, really.

Very disappointed with the finale, back to more setup and not much action. They are really playing the long game with this show, I suppose they have to seeing as the book aren't finished.

I would have likes to see just one character I hate get killed off though.

It's constant doom and gloom with all the people you root for getting murdered by pricks you hate. I'm sure it will all come around in the end but that will probably be 5 years away.

Still love the show I was just hoping for a glimmer of a good guy getting some revenge to cheer me up a little.

There is so much new content about to be added to this story, it'll be like you're watching a new show, based on the damn world of the first show, really. You've watched the 'First Kings' Storyarc, and now that's ending... They need to set up the second 'part' of the story, so I anticipate a LOT of 'setup' in next season... but they've left part of the First Kings storyarc for next season, and it's my favourite part of it, really.

I was just thinking that with so much new content, and storylines, it's likely they'll have to slash and burn a bit, because it'll take a whole season to introduce them all... so at the very least sequencing will be odd.

Watched 8, 9 and 10 in one go (took some restraint) and thought 9 would've been a better ending to the series dramatically speaking. I understand the endingwith Dany though as the books have the North becoming less and less important and the iron born and East becoming the focal points

Every season of Game of Thrones has had all the major drama and action in the ninth episode and used the tenth to set the table for the next season. I've seen so many people say they thought the finale would have a major climax and it's like they've not watched it for the last three years.

Jules knows.

Still haven't seen this week's' date=' all I can say is there were so many things that could have sent the season off with a bang. So many great cliffhangers there for the taking, if they haven't finished at least Tyrion's story as they should have I'll be a little annoyed. Judging by the reaction I assume they haven't.[/quote']

Will be a great start to next series though, won't it...

Have to agree with the comments in regard to Littlefinger. Out of all the characters his portrayal in the TV series has been the most disappointing. Whether actor or writing or maybe a little of both they just have not got it right for me. The speech this series where he explains chaos theory was brilliantly delivered but that's been more the exception than the rule with Aidan Gillan's performance over the three series.

I'm with Unrighteous and Bobby Hundreds on Jon Snow's true heritage. There is a reason there are 3 dragons........

I think they've had to limit Little finger to an extent, simply because of the number of plotlines they've been trying to manage.

His manipulation has been hinted at, and next series he's going to be heavily involved (or should be) so I'd imagine we'll find out more about his machinations then.