You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

The last scene was nicely done

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

- it carried less impact for me as I'm ambivalent towards Rob and have hated his grandstanding daft mum for two seasons -
but I have found the second half of the season to be thoroughly underwhelming. It looked like it was gearing up to be one of the very best on TV and it just hasn't happened. I think the format has be revised, too little time and too few episodes being split over too many characters.

One thing I forgot to mention after ep 8, Daario is a fucking terrible actor.

It's Andy Carroll moonlighting isn't it? I think he's a bit ace.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

rooting for Jon now. Hope he fucks everyone up.

I can't remember, man. I've started on the books though, so I'll find out again soon enough.

This is a spoiler only for what you've asked for. I'll leave a few spaces inside the NSFW tags so you can scroll past if you're on your phone.

He gets a raven at castle black and steals a horse to join Robb at night.

Samwell and the other lads he's mates with ride after him and convince him to stay and the lord commander notes that he knew Jon left but that he also came back.

I felt genuinely depressed after that, I had a little bit of an idea what might happen but God damn! No mercy for anyone in this show.

I just want to see some of the wankers get some comeuppance soon, it's all been scum bags being scumbags and getting away with it for the first 3 seasons. Lets kill some of the fuckers violently please, I want to see them suffer!

What is your assessment of the tv series compared to the books?

It's a really sympathetic show to the content of the books, definitely one of the better adaptations I've seen in that way.

Bit jealous to be honest. This is maybe the one show I'd have preferred to watch before reading the books, it's been done so well. Mostly video is a poor substitute for your own imagination.

More importantly where does season 3 fit in with the books, is it the second or third in the series?

We're still in A Storm of Swords (book three), but there are a lot of unfinished plot lines from that book still, and I can't see them fitting it all into one episode.

We're still in A Storm of Swords (book three), but there are a lot of unfinished plot lines from that book still, and I can't see them fitting it all into one episode.

We're (approximately) half way through a storm of swords. Season 4 is the second half of the book.

What is your assessment of the tv series compared to the books?

More importantly where does season 3 fit in with the books' date=' is it the second or third in the series?[/quote']

We are currently in book three. Books three and four are called a Storm of Swords and are named as so.

Book Three, part one: A Storm of Swords: Steel and Snow.

Book Three, part two: Blood and Gold.

If you're on the forum runner app, DON'T READ ON IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOKS.

SPOILER!!!!!

will catelyn come back in the last episode, or will it be next series?

End of season 5 maybe, maybe even season 6. Even if the brotherhood feature, they'll keep Lady Stoneheart's identity secret until Brienne is there and Brienne won't get there for a long time yet