You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

Well she done gone fucked all that up. Little bit disappointed at how a couple of people died I must admit. Again it was fantastic tv viewing but the series starting with little fingers death feels like they done their homework the morning it was due in. Still one of the greatest shows ever. The last episode is going to be very interesting.

Well that has cemented the fact the writing has gone to absolute Pogba. We've waited all this time for those characters to die like that? Fuck the book, fuck prophecies etc. Shocking stuff, really. From the absolute peak of Television writing in S1-4 to absolute Pogba from S5-8... 

I dread to think what the Star Wars films those pair of cunts are writing will turn out like.

Neg away, fan boys.

• Upvote 1

I'm just going to repeat myself from the discussion we had after the Long Night episode: it's great if you just want to watch a high-budget action movie. The CGI, the battle scenes, the flames - it's all very well done and great to watch.

But if you're looking for sensible plot resolution, it's garbage. Daenarys goes full-on psychopath with no foreshadowing of it at all before this season, before the previous episode, really. Her plot arc is a gradual growth of confidence and desire to fight for justice against oppression over seven seasons before the second-to-last episode of the show where she loses her mind and starts to burn innocent people to death? It's awful writing.

Not to mention the prophecies that were so important in the book. Literally no one has mentioned Azor Ahai this season at all. Comical.

We should just use this thread to post ridiculous predictions for how it's going to end next week. I'll go first: they unearth Gregor Clegane's body from the ruins, only to realise that he's unkillable and somehow ship him north of the Wall to go into hiding for 1000 years as the next Night King. Sansa is revealed to be dead, but her face is being used by Brienne, who is secretly a faceless man. Arya murders Jon Snow and Dany to take over the Iron Throne, where she rules as an absolute tyrant.

All of this will happen because this episode proves that at no point does a person have to stay true to the character they have been portrayed to be for the past 8 years.

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ve been pretty much happy on Numero’s sunshine bus so far but that episode was pure turd. Cersei, the villain more formidable than the Night King, just stood there at the window crying and waiting to die. It’s completely out of sync with everything that’s gone before. 

I think Cersei reverted to her season 1 character, which was disappointing. I do like the long foreshadowed mental crack that resulted in her 'burn them all' moment. I guess Cersei's demise will be in the final episode. I didn't love the episode, although some parts were good. 

Democracy will be called for instead of tyranny. My money is then on Bran warging into every cunt, getting them to vote for him on the ballot paper, warging back out of them again and claiming a 99.5% victory, Putin style. He'll then get a souped-up wheelchair ribbed with Gold and wheel around the place warging into every man who is riding his missus, so he has the ultimate POV sex buzz. He'll eventually pull the cock off himself though, and die bleeding to death. He won't have seen it coming (cumming?). That cock will be used to create the new Night King - Night Cock King.

End credits.

Danaerys’ descent into madness was definitely heavily foreshadowed, the house of the undying? Her vision of the iron throne with ash raining down? 

I’m a bit sad that it’s ending now, I think it could’ve done with a few more series to properly do the story justice, but fuck it, this is what we have. That episode was certainly very spectacular, to say the least. 

• Upvote 5

I really enjoyed it as a spectacle.  Wasn't mad about the Clegane fight, but it had some pretty brutal moments that played well against the backdrop of general destruction (which was something the Long Night really lacked, fights that held some meaning beyond hacking away at a never-ending morass).  Not got much of a chance when they've got him as this ridiculous zombie built up.  The score was, again, excellent.

I don't mind about what went down with Cersei and Jaime, I think a human moment between them was just about the best reflection about how they've been represented in the books so far. 

As for Dany, they've been way too heavy handed (and made repeated strategic mistakes to get us here), but I'm not too annoyed by the arc.  It's serving a purpose to resolve the series.

I'm not even considering this the conclusion to the story at this point, it has to be said.  Just desperately hoping GRRM is ready to capitalise by announcing the publication date for WoW next week.

Just now, Captain Turdseye said:

Those big crossbows had a 100% strike rate before this week’s episode but she managed to wipe out dozens of them all around the city and out in the bay in a couple of minutes. What’s that all aboot?

She was ready for them this time I guess? Season 7 she didnt know they existed when Drogon took a spear and Rhaegar was already weakened from the fight with the wights when he was taken down.

9 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

It was a good episode, spectacular, but I didn’t like it. I didn’t want Daenerys to go mad queen, I wanted her to come back from the brink.

Arya obviously knows who she needs to kill next...

Reckon Jon will top her myself. Arya had her moment with the Night King already.

17 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Those big crossbows had a 100% strike rate before this week’s episode but she managed to wipe out dozens of them all around the city and out in the bay in a couple of minutes. What’s that all aboot?

She wasn't a fully fledged psycho last week. Psycho's can fly so much better.

She's gone from saving all the prisoners to killing all of the innocent. 

I've not read any of the books so don't profess to understand anything outside of what has been portrayed in the TV show but the last two episodes fell like what should've happened over the course of a few series, not just by a flicking a switch and going full blown pyro maniac murderer. 

If this was a sign of things to come with the writing, I'm pleased they're stopping before they really ruin it.