You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

5 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I don't agree. Whether you like something is subjective, whether something meets a certain criteria to be considered quality is much more of an objective measure. Otherwise people could just say that the quality of Messi is less than Susan Boyle when it comes to football. That's not a subjective thing, it can be measures with objective markers. For example, Messi plays football. 

BTW, I've got no real issue with somebody not liking it. I do have a bit of a mental dribble when somebody calls it utter shit or that the CGI is shit. All rational thought needs to be flushed down the loo at that point. 

I’m in danger of doing the exact thing I said myself so i’ll agree to disagree and leave it there mate.

15 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Fair enough, mate. GoT tonight anyway, so let's hope it's a good 'un.

They’re all good ‘uns mate despite any gripes we have (like I did with the last episode) it’s still fucking boss TV.

• Upvote 2

Thought the episode was good if a bit unspectacular compared to last week (but that was always going to be the case I suppose). I find myself getting annoyed with a lot of these for getting in their own way. Also to me it seems like there's only like 4 actual trustworthy people left with them being Jon, Arya, the fucking Hound, and Brienne. I suppose you could throw Tormund and maybe Tyrion in there as well.

Anyone I think it's going to come down to Jon having to choose between Dany who he's clearly still in love with despite knowing it's his aunt and the family that made him who he is. The only other option is that they both die.

Good to bring it back on track, even if there were one or two oddly limp scenes in the middle of it all. 

Jerome Flynn and Gwendoline Christie stole the show for me.  Great performances, really justifying Brienne's survival last week (wouldn't say the same about Tormund though, not that his performance was bad, just... hope they have something planned, although it seems unlikely).

Cercei really has Dany driven to the point of craziness hasn't she? Could be her undoing even if she's victorious. I can see her going full on mad king carrying out her vengeance and someone on her own side killing her.

12 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Cercei really has Dany driven to the point of craziness hasn't she? Could be her undoing even if she's victorious. I can see her going full on mad king carrying out her vengeance and someone on her own side killing her.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

• Upvote 1

So who doe you think is going to kill The Montain? Has to be The Hound right? Or what about poor Greyworm or even Arya?

And surely Cersei has to snuff it? Who's gonna be responsible for her death? Strong favourite must be Jaime, but what about Brienne, Greyworm, or even Tyrion?

And what odds that Danaerys lives to see the end of the series? Slim I would think.

Best show on the telly.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

So who doe you think is going to kill The Montain? Has to be The Hound right? Or what about poor Greyworm or even Arya?

And surely Cersei has to snuff it? Who's gonna be responsible for her death? Strong favourite must be Jaime, but what about Brienne, Greyworm, or even Tyrion?

And what odds that Danaerys lives to see the end of the series? Slim I would think.

Best show on the telly.

Arya in the guise of Jamie to get into the throne room with the Hound and take out Cersei and then they both take out the Mountain.  People of KL saved from both wildfire and dragon fire. 

Again, I won't say I wasn't entertained by that episode. I was. Game of Thrones is an entertaining show. That said, this season the plot has gone to shit and the writing is even worse. If you listen to actors being interviewed as well you can kind of see they think it's crap too.