You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

I really liked the concept of episode 2. Those people have all been in conflict at some point or another but before their possible impending death, they decide to have a good time around the fire, share stories, sing songs, have sex. Like they've finally realized conflict was not the answer. It's a nice evolution. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Scrump said:

I can understand now why George R R Martin has struggled to write the final book. 

The great thing about GoT so far has been everyone plotting and double crossing each other, not knowing who was really working with who and what their motivations are. 

Now it's all a bit too straightforward, with everyone nobly lining up against the big bad - except for Cersei and Euron who everyone knows are in it for themselves - and it's a little bit... well... boring, compared to the earlier chicanery. 

Was good to see the tension being introduced between Jon and Daenerys - can't really see them following through on that though.

Still hoping for a bloody good final series with a few twists and surprises.

I agree with the chicanery comment though don't really see that tension with Danaerys and Jon. He never wanted the power, though if the other starks find out they'll want him to be King I guess

It's becoming clear that Dany is power hungry and is starting to channel the Mad King. I think they will follow through with that thread.

Her reaction to Jon revealing his true heritage spoke volumes, the way she tried to manipulate Sansa spoke volumes.

She's never seen the other houses work before. She came to Westeros expecting everyone to bow to her, not bargain. She has no diplomatic skill and may just go mad because of it.

11 hours ago, Remmie said:

I agree with the chicanery comment though don't really see that tension with Danaerys and Jon. He never wanted the power, though if the other starks find out they'll want him to be King I guess

Danaerys reason for for invasion (and her whole life arc) was based on her claim to the throne. Jon wanting, or not wanting, to act on his claim is irrelevant as Westeros would never accept her as Queen if Jon lives.  I predict many "ah durnt want it" speeches from Jon but pressure from others until Dany flips and tries to bump him off 

15 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Danaerys reason for for invasion (and her whole life arc) was based on her claim to the throne. Jon wanting, or not wanting, to act on his claim is irrelevant as Westeros would never accept her as Queen if Jon lives.  I predict many "ah durnt want it" speeches from Jon but pressure from others until Dany flips and tries to bump him off 

I bet she tries to burn him with a dragon & he just walks through the flames.

I hope Bran meets his maker. Horrible cunt of a character. Wish he had landed on his neck when the incest doggy fuckers were caught. Tucker from soldier soldier has been sent on a mission by cerces which has slipped under the radar. The white walkers all look Gail Platt. 

48 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Garvey from soldier soldier has been sent on a mission by Cersei which has slipped under the radar. The white walkers all look like Gail Platt. 

It'll be interesting to see how that one plays out, on one hand he probably considers the Lannister brothers to be his friends, and he made that promise to Tyrion that if he was ever tempted to sell him out he'd give him the opportunity to double it. 

On the other hand, he's a sellsword and he's just been given a fuck load of gold, it might be difficult for Tyrion to double that, plus he's just been handed a big fuck off Chekov's Gun, somebody is getting shot with that crossbow, not sure who yet, but somebody is definitely getting it. 

It always makes me laugh when it's obvious in certain scenes that they've had to take steps to keep Bronn and Cersei apart, because the actors used to fuck or something and now they hate each other and refuse to be in the same room. So they're either using characters to pass messages on, or one has to leave the scene before the other one enters. The dragon pit scene at the end of series 7 being the main example. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Aventus said:

It always makes me laugh when it's obvious in certain scenes that they've had to take steps to keep Bronn and Cersei apart, because the actors used to fuck or something and now they hate each other and refuse to be in the same room. So they're either using characters to pass messages on, or one has to leave the scene before the other one enters. The dragon pit scene at the end of series 7 being the main example. 

Yeah I got onto that. Think they were married weren't they? Then she fucked his best mate who happened to be his brother. And I'm not talking about Jimmy from Casualty