Quantcast
New HBO Series: Game of Thrones - Page 201 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

I think it will end with The Hound eating some fucking chicken, the door to the tavern will open and the picture will cut to black as Don't Stop Believing by Journey plays.

• Upvote 2

First year I’m not doing a full rewatch. The later seasons don’t deserve it tbh. Whilst still great the drop in quality since passing the books is huge.

Not arsed how it ends tbh, as long as Cersei dies.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That’s my take on it as well.

Yep. Either that or Dani dies immediately after giving birth and leaves Jon with the baby.

First year I’m not doing a full rewatch. The later seasons don’t deserve it tbh. Whilst still great the drop in quality since passing the books is huge.

Not arsed how it ends tbh, as long as Cersei dies.

Completely agree with the opening comment.

The storey has become dull and predictable with most of the villains being killed off and the goodies alive and well. There hasn’t been a single disfigurement or unexpected death, the qualities that initially made the saga so compelling.

George Martin once said he loved reading about birthday parties in the Bible because they all ended with a murder.  It’s a pity HBO appointed atheists to pen such dreary plotlines in the last two series.

As for the final comment, wishing for the death of Cersei is pure heresy and needlessly malicious.

I have no objection to Cersei having a leg amputated or something similar, but I would hate to see the vindictive bitch killed off. The poor woman has suffered enough with the untimely demise of the much-missed Jolfrey to be treated to an early death.

For her sake and ours, let us hope she survives and prospers.

• Upvote 1

Completely agree with the opening comment.

The storey has become dull and predictable with most of the villains being killed off and the goodies alive and well. There hasn’t been a single disfigurement or unexpected death, the qualities that initially made the saga so compelling.

George Martin once said he loved reading about birthday parties in the Bible because they all ended with a murder.  It’s a pity HBO appointed atheists to pen such dreary plotlines in the last two series.

As for the final comment, wishing for the death of Cersei is pure heresy and needlessly malicious.

I have no objection to Cersei having a leg amputated or something similar, but I would hate to see the vindictive bitch killed off. The poor woman has suffered enough with the untimely demise of the much-missed Jolfrey to be treated to an early death.

For her sake and ours, let us hope she survives and prospers.

Can see where you're going with this, with Joffrey and Ramsay no longer being utter shits all the livelong day with being dead and tah, the show is missing the cunt element severely. Although Cersei hasn't quite got the shithousery of Joffrey or the sadistic tendencies of Ramsay, she has a callous revenge streak illustrated towards that nun character getting the full Mountain treatment. I'm finding Euron not to be as nuanced in his role as a sort of caricature of a bad guy, his evilness was not quite built up to the same extent. I'm hoping he flourishes in the next season and i grow to love his cuntery to the Joffrey/Ramsay levels of yore. As for the wank walkers, it's easily my least favourite part of the show, crap villains. 

I feel like Euron was just thrown in there to be a baddie just to fill the screen time.

Jof and Ramsey served a purpose, they had good backstorys and good motives for being cunts.

Euron is just there so the goodies have somebody to fight. No depth.

I refer back to Ramsey "If you think this is going to have a happy ending you haven't been paying attention"

I don't think Dany is going to break "the wheel" I think the wheel will break her and Jon and we could even end up with Cersei being the survivor, her unborn child the next king/queen and all is in vain.  

• Upvote 1

Game of Thrones is back on Sky tomorrow from episode 1, series 1. Looks like it's going through three episodes every night. Presume this will be on right over Christmas and New Year.

I’d like to be able to wait for the entire season to air before binging it all, but you know for a fact some cunt is going to be a cunt and post spoilers all over the place. Fuck it, I’ll watch it the second it’s available and before I even look at the internet. 

That clip looks like a dream sequence to me.  Are there really supposed to be new statues of those three in the crypt? 

31 minutes ago, aws said:

That clip looks like a dream sequence to me.  Are there really supposed to be new statues of those three in the crypt? 

Maybe, maybe not. Remember one year, the teaser had all kinds of characters faces on the wall in that place where the Faceless Men lived?* Tyrion, Cersei, etc. And none of them died in that series. 

*you can tell I’m well up on the lingo. 

1 hour ago, aws said:

Yeah I imagine it's probably just supposed to be a promo with a bit of foreshadowing.

But the fact that there's a Stark missing might mean that it's a Bran/three eyed raven vision. 

Can't wait, hyped as fuck.