You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

One thing I dont get is how the hell Cersie found the funds to hire the golden company from the highgarden gold as she put it herself.  Didn't Dany and Drogon destroy it all?  Even Jamie said in the last episode he didn't know how he was gonna tell Cersei all the loot had been destroyed.

Am I missing something?

One thing I dont get is how the hell Cersie found the funds to hire the golden company from the highgarden gold as she put it herself. Didn't Dany and Drogon destroy it all? Even Jamie said in the last episode he didn't know how he was gonna tell Cersei all the loot had been destroyed.

Am I missing something?

Iron bank is funding her.

Just finished watching it and still not sure how I feel...

Loved little finger getting his comeuppance but it all happened far too quickly.

Didn't like the dragon scene at the end, how it was done anyway. As RK said, how else was the Night King planning on getting over/through it?

And Bran with fatty... He's kept it to himself all this time and the blurts it out, confirming what everyone has pretty much known but not told his sisters or anyone else?

I enjoyed Jamie standing up to Cersie but was sure he was about to get chopped in half.

Talking of Cersie, is she going a bit mad with power and all of the killing she had done? After seeing what was presented to her at the dragon pit and then refusing to send her army north once she agreed it, as Jamie said, either way they'll all end up dead so why not help?

And I really wanted another big battle scene, the bastards.

Guest Pistonbroke

Magnificent stuff, we were always going to be left on a knifes edge and they served it up perfectly.

They even threw in a few side stories to pick up on for the final series, most notably Theon finding his bollocks, even though he hasn't got any. He'll probably rescue his sister and one or both of them will kill the shit Adam Ant Euron. Most of us thought Ayra and Sansa were playing Littlefinger, loved the fact Ayra slit the cunts throat as he was begging for his life. 

I have the feeling that Cerei's death will come at the hands of Jamie and the Hound will kill his brother ,The Mountain. I also reckon The Hound will end up with Brienne of Tarth.

John just fucked his Auntie, no doubt she'll fall pregnant. We'd all guessed his parentage after Bran's visions, but now know 100% he is the son of her oldest brother Rhaegar and lyanna Stark. Wonder how Danerys will take the fact she is not the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. Hopefully they'll rule together and we'll be given a happy ending, but I have a horrible feeling either John or Danerys will turn on the other, or one of them will die. 

Still reckon the Mad King (Aerys 11 Targaryen) is the Night King, even though the Dragon they now have is dead, it would still need a Targaryen to fly it....surely? 

Wish I could hibernate until the next series starts, going to be a cunt having to wait for it. Plus that old cunt Martin is never going to release the outstanding books before they wrap the TV show up. 

And Bran with fatty... He's kept it to himself all this time and the blurts it out, confirming what everyone has pretty much known but not told his sisters or anyone else?

Bran seemed to crack a smile when he first saw Sam, he didn't show any emotion whatsoever when he was re-united with his sisters, I can only assume that he knows something will happen in the future and knows Sam needs to be the one to pass the message on.

Tyrion is supposed to be one of the wisest men in Westeros yet he's been completely outmanoeuvred by Cersei the entire season. Just how the fuck does he not realize that she's going to double cross them? Doesn't he know her better than anybody except Jaime? 

He's been a shit hand in all truth. Fucked pretty much everything up the entire season. The only thing Daenerys got right was down to ignoring his advice when Drogon torched the Lannister army. His asinine idea to kidnap a wight resulted in her losing a dragon too. 

Anybody think he's got ulterior motives?

The thing with Jon is I don't really think he wants to be King as much as he, until recently, didn't trust anyone else to do the job. It was a case of "I'm the only person with a shot that I don't think is a cunt so fuck it I guess I'll do it", hence why he decided to bend the knee when he realized he could trust Daenerys. Sure you can make the case that he was in love and all that but I don't think that's his only reasoning anyway as it's not really in his character to betray what he feels for self-gain as was evidenced by him not lying to Cersei when it was clearly the best option on the table.

As far as him and Dany go, as it stands Bran and Sam are the only two that are aware. Assuming they don't mention it to anyone else I wonder if they won't think it better to keep their mouth shut if Jon and Dany announce themselves being lovers. I agree that she's certainly getting pregnant off of that as well so that could play a role too. In any case it'll be interesting how they handle it as incest is clearly thought of as wrong by the majority of people in the land but the Targaryens themselves had a different opinion on it, as do Cersei and Jamie obviously.