You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

Guest Pistonbroke

The final series wasn't the best, but still amazing TV. I thought they wrapped things up perfectly. John was always at his happiest in the true North with the free folk. Ayra was always happiest whilst going off on a new adventure of discovery. Sansa was always happiest at being a smug bitch who craved importance. Nobody gave a shit about Brann. 

11 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

The final series wasn't the best, but still amazing TV. I thought they wrapped things up perfectly. John was always at his happiest in the true North with the free folk. Ayra was always happiest whilst going off on a new adventure of discovery. Sansa was always happiest at being a smug bitch who craved importance. Nobody gave a shit about Brann. 

You've  got a lot of balls, I'll give you that.

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

You've  got a lot of balls, I'll give you that.

We live within spitting distance of a huge park. Encompassed in said park is a fenced off Tennis club, our dog is forever finding balls when we take her for a walk. So I literally have loads of balls. 

23 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Robert Baratheon was, by a mile, the best monarch we saw on the show. He was smart enough to delegate to his hand and oversaw 15 years of peace. 

Robert was ace. 

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Been rewatching this with LadyD. The plunge in quality after season is even more STARK when watching back to back. All the Brann shit in the tree which, ultimately, means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Le Funny Pirate Man like an edgy jack sparrow. Comedy Sam and Gilly. Fuck me there are some awful parts. 

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Been rewatching this with LadyD. The plunge in quality after season is even more STARK when watching back to back. All the Brann shit in the tree which, ultimately, means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Le Funny Pirate Man like an edgy jack sparrow. Comedy Sam and Gilly. Fuck me there are some awful parts. 

Yep- I rewatched it all once the final season was complete. There was so much built up so exhaustively that was rendered completely pointless. After that ridiculous battle of Winterfell episode with Jon Snow and Danaerys flying round on dragons like something out of Harry Potter, and the worst battle tactics ever seen, I couldn't even be arsed completing the last three episodes.

20 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Yep- I rewatched it all once the final season was complete. There was so much built up so exhaustively that was rendered completely pointless. After that ridiculous battle of Winterfell episode with Jon Snow and Danaerys flying round on dragons like something out of Harry Potter, and the worst battle tactics ever seen, I couldn't even be arsed completing the last three episodes.

The fall off point for the story was when Jurn Snor is brought back to life. Everything after that just gets mad. 

10 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Was a brilliant show until the last season, which fucking ruined years of work.

I'd say after season 4 it slides but from 6 onwards... yeah, a shit show 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Was a brilliant show until the last season, which fucking ruined years of work.

I’d add the penultimate season and the one before that as well, bar the odd episode here and there. 

That last season was fucking shite though. Terrible.

I've been off work for 3 weeks now and I'm not sure when we're going to reopen and yet I have zero desire to start watching this again thanks to that final season. It should have been amazing, it was on the cusp of the title of 'Greatest TV Show Ever' and it was ruined.

• Upvote 1

After Tyrion killed Tywin, he wasn't half the character, once Ramsay was killed there wasn't a brilliant baddie. 

Arya and the many faced cryptic tedious wanker and Brann talks to trees for hours on end. Oooh the white wankers are coming, scary, lets draw this out for fucking forever. Of the 7 kingdoms lets half arse Dorne, the Iron islands and High Garden and whatever the others even are I forget now.

Yeah there are loads of plot holes, half finished story arcs, crap stories and shite but it was compelling, riveting and incredibly ambitious at the same time. The epic action sequences were pretty incredible. I am just trying to hang To the good stuff

I'd say looking back, the depth of the story was too ambitious for the good of the show. I can empathize with how complicated it would be to tie up every end and make everything make sense, but the 8th season is such a lazy mess. They didn't even try. It's so bad, I don't think people could suspend disbelief anymore, which is vital for a show with ice zombies and dragons and shit. Have no desire to rewatch.