You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

That's because nobody cared enough to bulk-hate Ghostbusters. 

Oh they cared enough. People were super cunty about the all-female Ghostbusters. 

I, knowing it'd be FUCKING DOGSHIT, chose to pretend it didn't exist.

Forget the writing and it’s quality, forget the cgi. Forget the plot holes and the unanswered questions. We have the actual real issues here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48335099

Female characters in Game of Thrones speak about three times less than male characters in the show, according to new data.

Although the hugely popular show ended this week after eight seasons, the debate on how it represented women will continue. 

The data suggests that across all eight seasons, male speech amounts to about 75% of all speaking time in the series.

Lisa Hamberg, co-founder of Ceretai, told the BBC that by analysing Game of Thrones, they wanted to make viewers aware of the wider problem of how women are portrayed in the media. 

"We are not doing this to make people stop watching, but to make them aware of the fact that it's an unfair representation of the world", she says.

_107031925_3.png

• Downvote 1

22 hours ago, Juniper said:

Started rewatching it from the beginning last night.

Only two episodes in but already a massive difference.

First episode Cersei states that they had travelled from Kingslanding to Winterfell and it had taken them a month!

Completely forgot about the distances as they pretty much invented warping between locations in the final seasons.

The theme tune is in a higher pitch, as are everyone’s voices. 

Weird stuff

I felt like Jon's accent was different in the last series, even from the one before, but haven't watched any old episodes to really compare. What do you reckon?

On 21/05/2019 at 08:57, Brownie said:

It makes no sense to me. All of them there would have wanted Jon to be King. He was the King in the North and the rightful heir. He killed the mad queen to save lives. So what if it meant they had to fight the Unsullied, this is Game of Thrones not local council elections.

Jon was being held prisoner, if the they had voted for Jon to be king, I presume Grey Worm would have had him killed

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, The Woolster said:

Jon was being held prisoner, if the they had voted for Jon to be king, I presume Grey Worm would have had him killed

I think Grey Worm was there for the taking. Hard as fuck in previous series/episodes but when it comes to the negotiating side of things I reckon Tyrion had him by the bit of skin where his balls used to be. 

13 minutes ago, The Woolster said:

You kill Grey Worm and the unsullied would still have killed Jon

I didn't mean killing him Woolster. Have you not been reading the violence thread? 

I mean Tyrion could have convinced him with a bit more persuasion. Maybe asked Sansa to rim Grey Worm or something , as a token of appreciation/. Not everything has to end with violence you know. 

Game of Rims. 

2 hours ago, The Woolster said:

I felt like Jon's accent was different in the last series, even from the one before, but haven't watched any old episodes to really compare. What do you reckon?

No massive changes for Jon I’ve noticed. He mostly just sounds younger mostly. 

Jamie, Tyrion and Littlefingers English accents are way over the top so far! 

Quite funny watching this back now. 

2 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Tyrion speaks better English than most English people ! 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Tyrion speaks better English than most English people ! 

Oh yeah but early on it’s an ultra English accent from a few of them.

They seemed to develop their own accent characteristics as the program went on, which of course you’d expect but it threw me to begin with. 

1 hour ago, Juniper said:

And what about Tyrion's boy band hair!?

2 hours ago, Juniper said:

Littlefinger's accent goes madder as the series goes on