You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

34 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Ghost looked fucked. One ear missing, scratches. He was walking funny as well. 

One step from a one way trip to the vets, that fucker. Didn't exactly looked chuffed to see Jon either did he.. he was happy in a "where's my tea?" kind of way!

12 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

One step from a one way trip to the vets, that fucker. Didn't exactly looked chuffed to see Jon either did he.. he was happy in a "where's my tea?" kind of way!

More of a "Look at the fucking state of me and you fuck off to shag that dragon flying slag?" 

The Unsullied's lack of close range weaponry irks me somewhat. I reckon if I took some Roman reenactment dudes form Chester or, perhaps, Northwich, we could do some real damage to those goons. 

Testudo to harvest up their one throw of the dice with their javelins, then have a gladius party with a series of repeated, short thrusts at their unarmed, sans-bollocko asses. Then we'd head home for a cup of tea and wait for everything to blow over.     

• Upvote 2

Started rewatching it from the beginning last night.

Only two episodes in but already a massive difference.

First episode Cersei states that they had travelled from Kingslanding to Winterfell and it had taken them a month!

Completely forgot about the distances as they pretty much invented warping between locations in the final seasons.

The theme tune is in a higher pitch, as are everyone’s voices. 

Weird stuff

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Juniper said:

Started rewatching it from the beginning last night.

Only two episodes in but already a massive difference.

First episode Cersei states that they had travelled from Kingslanding to Winterfell and it had taken them a month!

Completely forgot about the distances as they pretty much invented warping between locations in the final seasons.

The theme tune is in a higher pitch, as are everyone’s voices. 

Weird stuff

I agree, half the fun was seeing what the characters were up to during their travels. Like Arya and the hound on their way to Riverrun, we get a couple of episodes of travel and conversations between the two giving insight into their mindset, and bumping into obstacles on the way,then the same again to the Vale

This series they just bounce from destination to destination like travelling from winterfell to Kings Landing, we don't see the journey just them leaving and arriving. 

• Upvote 1

Even though loads of people didn't like the season after Ep. 3, it was almost like you weren't allowed to dislike it. Just in this thread, the amount of sarcasm directed at people with well thought out and obvious gripes is hilarious in hindsight given how just about everyone has turned on it now. 

The season was just plain bad and it's a shame given the huge quality of the show for the most part. I mean it's just a tv show, but it's one of those things people take so seriously, whether they love it or not.

• Upvote 2