You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

Jon snow was the patsy all along.

Tyrion: Jon you're the rightful king take what is yours and be the ruler you were meant to be.

Jon does what he needed to.

Everyone: Thanks Jon now fuck off to the north pole so Ironthroneside can become king. 

Even Sam fucked him over in the end. 

• Upvote 2

Just watched the last one so letting it sink in. Initial thoughts are it was weak. Dany death underwhelming and poorly acted IMO. Should've been a crescendo to the whole fable. Kind of suspected that Jon would go back north of the wall. Didn't expect that for Arya though, spin off series beckons? Seemed like they were going for the "a better world beckons" ending like the end of LOTR but they didn't do it overly well. 

8 seasons done. I think I'm going to watch them all through again as soon as I can. I haven't been riled as much as some by the last few series but there has been a drop off and a rush to completion. 

Will go down in history as probably the best fantasy show produced and one of the top 10 in most people's lists. 

• Upvote 2

Ending was horrific. Didn't explain fucking anything. I'm quite annoyed really. 

Amongst a plethora of loose ends, I'll pick one to moan about. When bran said at the end any news of Drogon and then says maybe I can find him. A 5to10 second clip of Drogon with his eyes whiting over, flying over Valyria for example, would have at least tied off one of those loose ends. 

It was an ending that implies a movie to finish it off or spin offs. Or, the show runners got fucked off at Martin for letting them down and not finishing the cunting books and just fucked off the ending. Fucking Wankers. 

24 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Could Bran have warged into Drogon to prevent it from burning Jon Snow? Is that what they implied at the very end?

That's what I thought. Was convinced the last scene would be Bran warging into Drogon.

The positive to take from all of this is that the books will never end as spectacularly shit as that. There is a strong chance that GRRM has purposely held back the books to see how any sort of ending would be perceived by the show watchers, and therefore give himself a boost to end it more fittingly. He can literally re-write any ending he has now, or deviate slightly, all to his benefit. He has played a blinder here.

16 minutes ago, Brownie said:

I feel really cold and empty. I absolutely loved that show until the last season, what a massive let down.

I don’t know what else to say, it’s just a massive shame.

Feel the same. The battle was really well done in the last season but the rest of it was so badly written.