You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

I'm trying to avoid spoilers but cunts on social media keep popping up with alleged leaks of the finale, and what I've read sounds too ridiculous to be true. Hopefully it's all bollocks and we get an ending with some common sense...

You are an ill-made, spiteful little creature full of envy, lust, and low cunning. 

Men's laws give you the right to bear my name and display my colors since I cannot prove that you are not mine. 

And to teach me humility, the gods have condemned me to watch you waddle about wearing that proud lion that was my father's sigil and his father's before him.

But neither gods nor men will ever compel me to let you turn Casterly Rock into your whorehouse. Go, now. Speak no more of your rights to Casterly Rock. Go

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

You are an ill-made, spiteful little creature full of envy, lust, and low cunning. 

Men's laws give you the right to bear my name and display my colors since I cannot prove that you are not mine. 

And to teach me humility, the gods have condemned me to watch you waddle about wearing that proud lion that was my father's sigil and his father's before him.

But neither gods nor men will ever compel me to let you turn Casterly Rock into your whorehouse. Go, now. Speak no more of your rights to Casterly Rock. Go

Tywin's first appearance in the show, where he was skinning a kill while talking with his back turned to Jaime was incredible. I actually felt intimated by him. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Em City said:

Tywin is the best character in the series and one of the best in TV history.

Magnificent levels of cuntery with lashings of low Lannister cunning.

Fingers crossed it ends with The Rains of Castamere playing as Tywin walks in.

What a world they have created over 8 years, but disappointing that we can no longer talk about how we know no king but the king in the north whose name is Stark. It is known, unfortunately. I swear it, by the old God's and the new that I no longer pay the iron price. At the same time, though, what is dead may never die.

It was okay. The show in it's entirety was amazing. Mostly did the books justice. 

I guess it's like Stephen kings books the story and scope are so grand and the world/character building so detailed that the endings are difficult to match your expectations. 

I wish the night king won.

Got up early to watch it for the first ever time as I knew it would be all over social media, called it weeks ago though with Bran over his link to Drogon when you take Dany out of the question. 

Thought the final episode had some payoffs but ultimately it felt unsatisfying/rushed. 

Its been a decent show these last few years mostly but I’m glad it’s done now. Should have been more episodes in season 8.

Did they ever explain the link between The Night King and Bran?

I enjoyed it. I’d have been happy with that ending had they taken a little bit more time to get to it. 

It has felt like a different show the past 2 series though and one that I’ve cared slightly less about. 

However it has had still been great entertainment and an unbelievable show in its scale. I think the people who are slaughtering the final series are possibly too invested in it and however the show would have ended would have been disappointed in some way. 

• Upvote 1

Shit ending that pleased nobody and made little sense.

So many brilliant plots destroyed, like getting a five year old to finish a work of art. What a shame, the characters we grew to know deserved much better. If this was the direction it was taking, thank god it’s finished. 

• Upvote 2