You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

13 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Weak sauce. 

Martin doesn't even promote the show anymore. He hates it. That video Ne Moe posted with the actors where they can barely muster up any enthusiasm for what should be the epic conclusion of one of the best shows in television history says it all as well. They think it's poo. Weak sauce my ass.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Martin doesn't even promote the show anymore. He hates it. That video Ne Moe posted with the actors where they can barely muster up any enthusiasm for what should be the epic conclusion of one of the best shows in television history says it all as well. They think it's poo. Weak sauce my ass.

You’ve made that up. 

• Downvote 1

That was a mess. Daenerys going mad. Arya just jibbing off killing Cercei. The random woman Arya is desperate to save. Jaime getting stabbed through the body with a sword and then walking it off. Jon continually screaming for his men to stop, whilst he carries on killing Lannisters. The lack of anything happening to the dragon when they had hundreds of boats and positions around the castle loaded with huge crossbows. The death of Qyburn. The Hound letting Cercei walk past him, without doing anything, during his confrontation with the Mountain. 

But the bit that annoyed me the most was the scenes with Varys. Varys's intelligence is legendary. He's been a genius at positioning himself perfectly in the power hierarchy throughout the whole show. Now, suddenly he decides to say "fuck it" and starts openly talking about usurping the Queen to anyone within ear shot. That made a mockery of his character. The scene on the shore with Jon being most egregious. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Those big crossbows had a 100% strike rate before this week’s episode but she managed to wipe out dozens of them all around the city and out in the bay in a couple of minutes. What’s that all aboot?

I thought they covered that well. They showed how slow the crossbows were to change aim, so she went low, then soared high and vice-versa.

10 hours ago, Baltar said:

I've liked Arya throughout the series but I'm pretty fed up the writers turning her into an invincible killing machine. 

Or Azor Ahai?

2 hours ago, Boss said:

Jon continually screaming for his men to stop, whilst he carries on killing Lannisters.

Self defence your honour!

I think as a spectacle it was great - the cinematography has been beautiful, but this is not what made GOT the legend that it is. It was the mystique, the storytelling and the charm of the show. The mad thing is that they could have made this better and spent a lot less money?

I feel pretty frustrated by it. So many shows struggle to end well, which is what makes me think The Sopranos is the best TV show ever!

I forgot last night, I was watching the Jamie and Euron fight and thought “Why are these fighting?”.

I get probably Jamie wanted to fight Euron for antagonising him about pumping Cersei but why did Euron want to kill Jamie? 

Surely they’d have been better working together to get Cersei out. 

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

You said that Martin hates it. As you've not made that up, can you tell me what exactly he said? 

He's not saying anything. That's the point. He's promoting some other random shows instead of oh I don't know, gassing up the final season of his own masterpiece. He's said nothing good about it in years. 

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Find me one direct positive quote from him about the final season. I'll wait. 

In fairness you where the one who posted he hates it. Implying you know for a fact he does but can't show anything to prove that.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I forgot last night, I was watching the Jamie and Euron fight and thought “Why are these fighting?”.

I get probably Jamie wanted to fight Euron for antagonising him about pumping Cersei but why did Euron want to kill Jamie? 

Surely they’d have been better working together to get Cersei out. 

So he could know he was the one that killed Jaime Lannister. Yes, it's really that bad. 

I do sometimes wonder, judging from their comments, if people actually watched the show before. They clearly don't have a clue what's going on. Some of the criticisms are hilarious. Dany's madness never mentioned before! No idea why Euron had an issue with Jaime. Fucking hell. You deserve to hate it. 

• Upvote 1