You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

That bit where Jon was surrounded by them and they all just approached him 1 by 1, I mean, come on. That’s what normal tv shows do, this is GoT and should have been different. No way he survives that.

I just felt really underwhelmed. It was still sound, 7/10 but I wanted this episode to be a 9/10.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

More of the Night King in battle on the ground would have been good, maybe despatching a few main characters in the process before he got taken out    

They must have saved a fortune on make up as you could barely see the army of the dead as a spectacle 

18 minutes ago, Brownie said:

That bit where Jon was surrounded by them and they all just approached him 1 by 1, I mean, come on. That’s what normal tv shows do, this is GoT and should have been different. No way he survives that.

I just felt really underwhelmed. It was still sound, 7/10 but I wanted this episode to be a 9/10.

I think that seems to have happened more since the writers of the show have been more involved in writing the show.

The books only went so far and since the show has passed the books its becoming less brutal.

The scene where Jamie charges at Danny with her dragon and he survive's was another moment I was thinking he'd be dead if Martin was still writing the books. 

It'll be interesting to see the differences in the story between the books and the TV shows. I suspect we won't see Jon, Dany, Cercei, Tyrion, Sansa, Arya, and others all die in the first half of the first book, then for Martin to have to introduce a load of new characters and storylines that have fuck all to do with the story people spend years watching/reading. Martin already told D&D what is going to happen in the books. It'll be interesting to see if they completely disregarded all of it or if they stuck to it. 

12 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

It'll be interesting to see the differences in the story between the books and the TV shows. I suspect we won't see Jon, Dany, Cercei, Tyrion, Sansa, Arya, and others all die in the first half of the first book, then for Martin to have to introduce a load of new characters and storylines that have fuck all to do with the story people spend years watching/reading. Martin already told D&D what is going to happen in the books. It'll be interesting to see if they completely disregarded all of it or if they stuck to it. 

Haha. If they continued offing main characters at the original rate the eighth season would just have been a few extras milling around for 5 episodes whilst the dead are walking around the seven kingdoms and the Night King is doing the dishes at Kings Landing.

2 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I could have filmed all Bran Starks scenes when I wake up after a heavy session, paralysed talking utter nonsense and doom mongering.

i reckon the director spent a few nights watching myself sledging in the annexe at Nation back in the 90's, he's got the rolling eyes and monotone voice spot on.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I could have filmed all Bran Starks scenes when I wake up after a heavy session, paralysed talking utter nonsense and doom mongering.

Must have been what they were all up to when they edited it.   Piss poor quality for such a huge budget. 

If you've got to squint and fuck about with your tv settings, then there's something very very wrong. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Bit unbelievable like, I remember just walking past a Dragon in Wales, he took umbridge and I barely survived. Don’t get me started on the undead, nightmare on the bus these days. I took out seven or eight big lads once in a brawl, just by swapping face masks and confusing them. It was like it was made up or something.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Bit unbelievable like, I remember just walking past a Dragon in Wales, he took umbridge and I barely survived. Don’t get me started on the undead, nightmare on the bus these days. I took out seven or eight big lads once in a brawl, just by swapping face masks and confusing them. It was like it was made up or something.

Very funny indeed. 

Repped in Spirit now Ive been rightly stripped of that honour

32 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I thought the Centaurs took umbridge.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

A lot of people are saying that some of the battle scenes were a bit far fetched. The thing is, this is just the director's interpretation, this is not exactly how it happened in real life.

Everyone knows those zombies were moving far to fast. Just so unrealistic.

4 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

When people are talking about the lack of notable deaths in the episode, I think people are underrating Jorah. He was a bigger character than Tormund, Gendry and Podrick for example and on a par with Brienne, Davos and Grey Worm for me.

Yeah but they teased us with his near death earlier, he was on borrowed time and just hanging around to be killed here. They’ve spared so many because they want Cersei to kill them, thus making her death all the more satisfying to viewers. 

Lets not forget Bronn is on his way to kill the brothers too. Still plenty of deaths to come.

11 minutes ago, Onkalo said:

Yeah but they teased us with his near death earlier, he was on borrowed time and just hanging around to be killed here. They’ve spared so many because they want Cersei to kill them, thus making her death all the more satisfying to viewers. 

Lets not forget Bronn is on his way to kill the brothers too. Still plenty of deaths to come.

There will still be some surprising deaths. I don't think both Jon and Danaerys will make it to the end. As my man Ramsey Bolton said "if you think this has a happy ending then you haven't been paying attention".

8 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

There will still be some surprising deaths. I don't think both Jon and Danaerys will make it to the end. As my man Ramsey Bolton said "if you think this has a happy ending then you haven't been paying attention".

Jon will die IMO.

4 hours ago, Code said:

Did anyone notice the wind in that Whitewalkers hair when Arya passed by him before she killed the Nightking?

Yeah, it's the same concept as the drops of blood part in the library. To show how talented/quick/sneaky Arya is. Thought that was another nice touch.

• Like 1