You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

She's 22 in real life and 18 on the show. The problem is that she looks like a kid. Sophie Turner is the same age, but I don't think too many would be complaining if she has/had a sex scene.

In short, who cares and yeah, I think she said she had the freedom to show and do whatever she felt was right. 

I thought that was excellent. 

I was hoping that when Jamie met Bran at the tree that he'd just push him out of his wheelchair and walk off. That would be fucking hilarious as an outtake. 

Loads of main characters defo gone next week. Dany is going to go mad queen by the looks of things. I think the Night King has fucked off to Kings Landing to burn that lot and build up his army before heading norf. They would have shown him at the end otherwise. 

It was a bit meh. A few good moments like Brienne getting knighted, Tormund's recounting of his suckling of a giant's tits, but nothing terribly interesting. This is obviously the farewell episode for many of these characters, many will be killed off over the coming episodes so they wanted to have reunions and final moments of banter. Much of it was unfunny and just a waste.

I'd like to see more of Theon, such a great character but instead we're overloaded with Tyrion and his unfunny and now not-so-clever shite.

And the explanation of the Night King's plan was crap too. All he wants to do is kill everyone because he's evil? After everything we've seen of him, can they really not come up with anything more interesting regarding his motivations?

• Like 1

OK episode again, a lot of calm before the storm, I reckon this'll be better in hindsight after the context of episode 3.

Pretty much everyone who had a "moment" in this is gonna die, grey worm/missandei, brienne, jorah, gendry/arya, edd, tormund, theon.

No focus on varys so he'll survive. The Hound needs to survive until cleganebowl so he'll be alright, he'll probably see a fire and get spooked again though. 

They are making a big deal about sending everyone to the crypts, which tends to be where all the main conversations and exposition happens, so I can see some important stuff happening in there. 

Why aren't people asking Bran more about what to do? He seems to have more of an idea about the night King than anybody else. 

No mention of the dead dragon. 

Seems like they've spent extra time on unnecessary fluff, and skimmed over important details. 

Where's Howland/Meera Reed? They are supposed to be mates with the starks but they aren't joining the battle? plus Howland can confirm Jon's lineage. 

The Symbol that Arthur Dayne has on his chest in the flash back scene, is it the same as the symbol the white walkers use ? 

Edit. Nah they dont look like at all. 

One looks like a 3 headed dragon and the other a flower or something. 

Just finishing episode 2. Does Jamie want to fuck Brienne or what? I know he fucks his own sister but what sick fuck would want to have a go on her? 

Wasn't comfortable with the Arya sex scene. I thought her character was about 14 until someones said 18 above. She is like Sarah Platt. Will always look like a child. 

The Hound is my favourite character. 

Cant stand Bran. His face annoyed the fuck out of me. And his voice. 

22 hours ago, Baltar said:

It was a bit meh. A few good moments like Brienne getting knighted, Tormund's recounting of his suckling of a giant's tits, but nothing terribly interesting. This is obviously the farewell episode for many of these characters, many will be killed off over the coming episodes so they wanted to have reunions and final moments of banter. Much of it was unfunny and just a waste.

I'd like to see more of Theon, such a great character but instead we're overloaded with Tyrion and his unfunny and now not-so-clever shite.

And the explanation of the Night King's plan was crap too. All he wants to do is kill everyone because he's evil? After everything we've seen of him, can they really not come up with anything more interesting regarding his motivations?

I killed a giant and slept with his wife, then she woke up and suckled me.

If it wasn’t for the above quip this episode would have been almost as clichéd as last week’s anticlimax.

Winter has arrived.

It’s cold and lifeless, just like the plot.

I can understand now why George R R Martin has struggled to write the final book. 

The great thing about GoT so far has been everyone plotting and double crossing each other, not knowing who was really working with who and what their motivations are. 

Now it's all a bit too straightforward, with everyone nobly lining up against the big bad - except for Cersei and Euron who everyone knows are in it for themselves - and it's a little bit... well... boring, compared to the earlier chicanery. 

Was good to see the tension being introduced between Jon and Daenerys - can't really see them following through on that though.

Still hoping for a bloody good final series with a few twists and surprises.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Scrump said:

I can understand now why George R R Martin has struggled to write the final book. 

The great thing about GoT so far has been everyone plotting and double crossing each other, not knowing who was really working with who and what their motivations are. 

Now it's all a bit too straightforward, with everyone nobly lining up against the big bad - except for Cersei and Euron who everyone knows are in it for themselves - and it's a little bit... well... boring, compared to the earlier chicanery. 

Was good to see the tension being introduced between Jon and Daenerys - can't really see them following through on that though.

Still hoping for a bloody good final series with a few twists and surprises.

I disagree on that point. When you've built up the credit they have with the swerves and the betrayal, playing it straight can become the twist. 

The Ser Brienne thing for example. There's no other show in the history of TV that could have taken that sweet moment and have you on one ass cheek, half expecting Jaime to slice her swede off. The tension was off the charts. 

Then when you get that sweet moment, it adds to the satisfaction exponentially because of the trust the characters showed in each other was, for once, merited. 

• Upvote 1