You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

I've just re-watched series one. It's weird seeing Sean Bean in it, having not watched them all since they first aired.

Must say though, really enjoying watching an episode a night (or thereabouts) and not having to wait a week - all the smaller plot details (or what seem smaller) become more important as you aren't forgetting them.

• Upvote 1

On 1/15/2019 at 2:12 AM, Hades said:

It's been shite since they had to deviate from the books. Lost a lot of the nuance and sense of world-building. 

Got to say I agree with this to a degree.

The change of pace in 7 made the story seem so much more shallow and rushed. The action episodes used to take me by surprise and add to the enjoyment. Now it all just seems to be about that. 

Still good, just not as good for me.

6 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

This is the payoff. It’d be like this even if Martin had finished his books, it’s always been building up to this.

And some of this stuff will be in Martin's books, because Martin has confirmed the ending with them long ago. It's people - normally the same people - trying to be clever and critical. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, belarus said:

Got to say I agree with this to a degree.

The change of pace in 7 made the story seem so much more shallow and rushed. The action episodes used to take me by surprise and add to the enjoyment. Now it all just seems to be about that. 

Still good, just not as good for me.

How are they supposed to avoid this, the entire premise of the show is the world is building to chaos and war ?? you can't keep building to nothing.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

How are they supposed to avoid this, the entire premise of the show is the world is building to chaos and war ?? you can't keep building to nothing.

This. 

Best telly ever for me. Can't wait for April

4 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Yes, see what you mean there, but it could

still have built up to all that happening in series 7, but with a slightly slower pace I felt. A few more episodes would have meant the build up happened, but at more of a consistent pace to previous series, but still in line with the big crescendo (I think that’s how you spell it??)

4 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

And some of this stuff will be in Martin's books, because Martin has confirmed the ending with them long ago. It's people - normally the same people - trying to be clever and critical. 

Is that directed at me? I was just offering my opinion. Bonus if I came across as clever and critical.