You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

First year I’m not doing a full rewatch. The later seasons don’t deserve it tbh. Whilst still great the drop in quality since passing the books is huge.

Not arsed how it ends tbh, as long as Cersei dies.

Completely agree with the opening comment.

The storey has become dull and predictable with most of the villains being killed off and the goodies alive and well. There hasn’t been a single disfigurement or unexpected death, the qualities that initially made the saga so compelling.

George Martin once said he loved reading about birthday parties in the Bible because they all ended with a murder.  It’s a pity HBO appointed atheists to pen such dreary plotlines in the last two series.

As for the final comment, wishing for the death of Cersei is pure heresy and needlessly malicious.

I have no objection to Cersei having a leg amputated or something similar, but I would hate to see the vindictive bitch killed off. The poor woman has suffered enough with the untimely demise of the much-missed Jolfrey to be treated to an early death.

For her sake and ours, let us hope she survives and prospers.

• Upvote 1

Completely agree with the opening comment.

The storey has become dull and predictable with most of the villains being killed off and the goodies alive and well. There hasn’t been a single disfigurement or unexpected death, the qualities that initially made the saga so compelling.

George Martin once said he loved reading about birthday parties in the Bible because they all ended with a murder.  It’s a pity HBO appointed atheists to pen such dreary plotlines in the last two series.

As for the final comment, wishing for the death of Cersei is pure heresy and needlessly malicious.

I have no objection to Cersei having a leg amputated or something similar, but I would hate to see the vindictive bitch killed off. The poor woman has suffered enough with the untimely demise of the much-missed Jolfrey to be treated to an early death.

For her sake and ours, let us hope she survives and prospers.

Can see where you're going with this, with Joffrey and Ramsay no longer being utter shits all the livelong day with being dead and tah, the show is missing the cunt element severely. Although Cersei hasn't quite got the shithousery of Joffrey or the sadistic tendencies of Ramsay, she has a callous revenge streak illustrated towards that nun character getting the full Mountain treatment. I'm finding Euron not to be as nuanced in his role as a sort of caricature of a bad guy, his evilness was not quite built up to the same extent. I'm hoping he flourishes in the next season and i grow to love his cuntery to the Joffrey/Ramsay levels of yore. As for the wank walkers, it's easily my least favourite part of the show, crap villains. 

I feel like Euron was just thrown in there to be a baddie just to fill the screen time.

Jof and Ramsey served a purpose, they had good backstorys and good motives for being cunts.

Euron is just there so the goodies have somebody to fight. No depth.

I refer back to Ramsey "If you think this is going to have a happy ending you haven't been paying attention"

I don't think Dany is going to break "the wheel" I think the wheel will break her and Jon and we could even end up with Cersei being the survivor, her unborn child the next king/queen and all is in vain.  

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, aws said:

That clip looks like a dream sequence to me.  Are there really supposed to be new statues of those three in the crypt? 

Maybe, maybe not. Remember one year, the teaser had all kinds of characters faces on the wall in that place where the Faceless Men lived?* Tyrion, Cersei, etc. And none of them died in that series. 

*you can tell I’m well up on the lingo. 

1 hour ago, aws said:

That clip looks like a dream sequence to me.  Are there really supposed to be new statues of those three in the crypt? 

Yeah I imagine it's probably just supposed to be a promo with a bit of foreshadowing.

But the fact that there's a Stark missing might mean that it's a Bran/three eyed raven vision. 

Can't wait, hyped as fuck.