You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

For those who have read the books, it's there likely to be enough substantial material left of A Storm of Swords to fill a whole ten episode series 4? Or does it seem possible series 4 may cover the remains of A Storm of Swords and the start of A Feast for Crows?

I'll just wade in here and ask: I just watched the latest ep. Yeah I was so shocked a bit of poo came out. Is this something that didn't happen in the book? (Not the false-flag in the ol' pants department, I mean the massive butchery of the Starks). Is this a massive u-turn from the books? I haven't read them so I don't know.

Is this going to be a huge butt-fuck sandwich like The Walking Dead is heading? The internet is awash with GoT related drama and anal-pain so I thought I would ask you GF, the last bastions of sanity. What exactly is going on?

I'll just wade in here and ask: I just watched the latest ep. Yeah I was so shocked a bit of poo came out. Is this something that didn't happen in the book? (Not the false-flag in the ol' pants department, I mean the massive butchery of the Starks). Is this a massive u-turn from the books? I haven't read them so I don't know.

Is this going to be a huge butt-fuck sandwich like The Walking Dead is heading? The internet is awash with GoT related drama and anal-pain so I thought I would ask you GF, the last bastions of sanity. What exactly is going on?

It is in the books and is a huge turning point. Things are going to get really awesome, then a little annoying, then awesome again.

It is in the books and is a huge turning point. Things are going to get really awesome, then a little annoying, then awesome again.

Cheers bud, I'd rep if I could. Loads of hysterical folks on facebook are screaming about it like someone just raped their grandmas. Wasn't sure what the fuss was.

Just watched the last episode.

Putting a NSFW link below for people on the app.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

The last episode doesnt end as the book does. Not going to say anything about this episode just yet, will wait till more people have watched it. The next series will mostly likely start with a bang, thats if they start with the other main events that happened in storm of swords.

Just putting all this in spoilers just incase.

Theres a question in there for any book readers

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Thought it was a bit of an underwhelming end to the season especially after last week.

But it does seem to be building nicely towards some interesting stories for next season.

To all those who've read the books. Just wondering out of interest how close is it following the story? Is there much divergence? Have they left much out and will they continue to leave much out by the looks of it?

Just sort of curious

Book Question Responses. There aren't really 'spoilers' in here, if you're current with the show, but I've alluded to two things that 'may' happen next season... meaning... they don't seem like they're going to use that story-arc at all, so i've talked about it. If they get introduced, then it doesn't matter, because it won't be surprising information. (Well, one of them would be TOTALLY against the way that they've developed a character)

Well, they've culled a few storylines, and it's made things a bit awkward for me.

1- The biggest, and most important one (IMO), was that Cersei is a lot more of a cunt than shown in the show. She immediately starts fucking her teenaged cousin Landceal when Jamie was taken captive. He looks like Jamie, and Cersei uses him to do things for her, like a little sexual whipping boy.

They also delve into her past --- Jamie reveals that Cersei was the catalyst behind their relationship, and she basically used him ... and didn't have that faithful devotion that Jamie held for her. They talk about how cruel Cersei was to Tyrion when he was a child...

Also, she told Ned Stark that, once, she was pregnant with Robert's child... so she aborted it.

2 - Landceal eventually follows this new religion, that should have been introduced by now (but maybe it will be next season), that sweeps across Westeros. It's anti-landed nobiity, and preaches to the common man. It's a massive revolution style thing... I can't imagine that they leave this part out of it.

3 - Tyrion and Shae. Shae was NEVER in love with Tyrion, but Tyrion was in love with Shae. Tyrion eventually catches Shae fucking Tywin. Oh the scandal! (I won't elaborate, because it launches Tyrion into a new realm of awesomeness that cannot be ignored in the TV show)

4) They've slightly changed the Hound's character. How he's protecting Aria, and trying to do 'right' for her in his moral code is totally inline with his character in the book. The Hound, sort of, protects Sansa a bit and talks to her at various parts during her in the previous 'marry joffrey' story arc. It makes the relationship between Aria/Hound more understandable here. He has a bit of a grudging respect for her, and they sort of turn into companions on their travels... despite her, matter of factly, telling him that she's going to kill him one day.

For example, The Hound tells Sansa about the Mountain holding his face to the fire for playing with one of his toys when he was a kid. In the Show? It's Littlefinger. The Hound's character was trying to, basically, tell Sansa about reality and take that 'well he must be vary galiant to be a knight' etc bullshit out of her pretty little head. He was preparing her for Joffrey... or trying to help her prepare for that sad reality.

5) They talk about Loras/Renly getting it on, but it's never overt (that I recall). Same with Stannis and the Red Witch. They never actually have it out in the open, and it's up to us to figure out how the 'Stannis ghost' was made...

6) Joffrey is a repugnant little shit, but I don't remember him beating and killing prostitutes. Nor does he order the attack on Tyrion, or the deaths of Robert's bastard children. That's all Cersei, baby!

7) Littlefinger is a LOT more cunning, devious, and secretive in the book. It's almost like he's a brazen fucking nutter in the show... He'd never be trusted with the position, and favours that he's been granted, if he acted like this, in the book. He's a devious little snake, and he's meekly sat in the shadows manipulating everything from here, there, and back again to get where he is... He's up to something massive. It hasn't even been fully hatched in the books yet, but it's clear that he's going to wtf murk the World when he does whatever he's been building this power to do... (I have a pretty strong idea of his plan)

8) In the Books... Robb's wife is a Lannister girl. Jeyne Westerling. They're Lannister bannermen. She isn't stabbed in the womb, infact, she's safe in Westerling ... and she couldn't have been pregnant, because her Mother (Under orders from Tywin Lannister) gave her a potion to keep her from getting pregnant) Essentially, thinking of Jeyne's honor and the life of Jon Snow... Robb marries her because he wants to protect her honor, after he fucks her. He wasn't madly in love with her.

9) No one kidnapped Dany's dragons in Qarth. She gets tricked to go into the Magi place... The Dragons do save her though, when she burns that motherfucker up. Also, that Xaro dude isn't very straight, if he's straight at all, and he wasn't an immigrant... He's seeking Dany's hand for her dragons, because there is a Qarth tradition that a new Husband can make one demand of his bride that cannot be declined.

10) No Focus on the direwolves. They're in the background. This makes me fucking angry... they are a big focus in the books.

11) The Symbol of the Hand of the King is a fucking CHAIN of square golden links (I think) and it's VERY important to one specific event that is yet to happen.

12) I didn't really want to add this one, but whilst I'm writing a fucking novel on the differences... There was always the small hint that maybe... JUST MAYBE Jon Snow wasn't Eddard Stark's biological son. It's never been pointed at, and you never hear whom Jon Snow's mother really is... and all these unclear things made me think that there might be a storyline arc that'll come from Jon Snow not being Eddard Stark's real son. Ned was a man of real honor and integrity, and I could see him raising someone elses son as his own, in order to protect him... at the request of his father or mother. (Hint hint: I think He's Rhaegar Targaryan and Robert's love "Lyanna" child... to be honest. For unknown reasons, the honorable Rhaegar kidnaps Lyanna, which is really what set Robert Baratheon off... THESE AREN"T SPOILERS they are just speculation. The more that I've read the book[ive read each book several times] the more certain that I feel about this...)

13) We should be MUCH farther along with Bran's powers, by now... and all of the other stark children are Wargs, as well, but Aria and Jon Snow are powerful wargs and have 'wolf dreams' and such. (Except maybe Sansa)

There has been lots of little sequencing changes where things happen out of order, but that hasn't really mattered all that much in this series.

Fuck me... everytime I wrote one, I thought of another...

Love the program loads but this season up to now has been boring as hell . Ok there has been one major major incident to happen but compared to the first two seasons in which practically every episode had loads going on , this season the episodes are really flat in comparison.

Great right up - I don't agree with your Jon Snow hypothesis though - as you say he's also a warg therefore he must be Eddards son right?

Err... Lyanna is Ned Stark's little sister. Ned "rescues her" from Tower of Joy in Dorne, and she dies shortly afterwards. Ned returns home with a bastard child in tote...

With as many times as Jon Snow is asked about his mother and is unclear... there has to be something more there. George RR Martin isn't prone to pointless dialogue. It seems unlike him to leave that alone later in the books.