You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

The series will end will Ygritte's death, Tyrion being arrested, Sansa escaping with Littlefinger and Arya getting on a boat (last line of the series, surely). Oh, and the reveal that Ramsay Snow is Bolton's son as the deception is explained (probably by Tywin in VO, legitimising him as Ramsay Bolton).

That'd leave an action-packed start to next season... fuck, I can't wait again! Cunts!!!

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

If that happens and "Valar Morghulis" are the last words . . . what a way to finish! There's loads to fit in before that though with the Hound, Tickler etc., as well as with all the other stuff at the Wall and Kings Landing. Fucking hell, just writing this I'm excited already! The wait for Season 4 will nearly kill me.

So the tv is up to where then? Still on the second and third books?

That was beautifully done because you tend to watch tv and even in bleak moments you get glimmers of hope and a view to something positive for someone you're rooting for, not that sort of bleak shit.

I hammered through the first book whilst I was away for the week but is was a strange read given that pretty much every scene was put onto the screen. I'm going to have to keep ploughing on because I'm not waiting for years for them to keep making the tv shows and catch up.

I've been told this before, it's the only reason I've been plodding on. Apparently Feast for Crows and dance with dragons was going to be one book but he split the content into two concurrent stories from different PoVs. That explains the thin story line compared to the earlier books, if he padded one books worth into two.

It's not padding so much as a complete loss of focus. It was all pretty tight to start with. These days, it's baggier than a ...

I hammered through the first book whilst I was away for the week but is was a strange read given that pretty much every scene was put onto the screen.

It's a really sympathetic show to the content of the books, definitely one of the better adaptations I've seen in that way.

Spoiler:

They're doing a great job adapting it. Even knowing what was coming, that was stunning. Kept flashing back to it before I fell asleep. When she lifts up the sleeve to see the mail--perfect.

If that happens and "Valar Morghulis" are the last words . . . what a way to finish! There's loads to fit in before that though with the Hound, Tickler etc., as well as with all the other stuff at the Wall and Kings Landing. Fucking hell, just writing this I'm excited already! The wait for Season 4 will nearly kill me.

Start the episode with the Nymeria/Catelyn dream, running into the Tickler and the fight to start. Small scene in the middle showing them further down the road, she has Needle. Then the end scene could easily include a hint about the hound through a shot of the helmet.

I thought the first three books were fantastic, but the last two were a dog's breakfast. He lost control of everything.

I'm hoping they have to stream-line the story for the TV show, and bring it to some sort of timely and coherent conclusion.

I thought the 4th book was as poor as the other books are great, very surprised you didn't like the last book though - everyone I know loved it as a return to form.

Start the episode with the Nymeria/Catelyn dream, running into the Tickler and the fight to start. Small scene in the middle showing them further down the road, she has Needle. Then the end scene could easily include a hint about the hound through a shot of the helmet.

That'd all work yeah. Just because there's so much to fit in is great, because even though those who've read the book have no idea how it's going to end next week.

Here are some reactions to the latest episode. Obviously there will be spoilers in here.

[YOUTUBE]78juOpTM3tE[/YOUTUBE]

Wow, I've been looking forward to this specific scene ever since they first announced they were making the tv series and got to say they did it amazingly well, ONLY gripe I probably had was lack of background music during the actual scene but that's small! Amazingly done and like those that have already said, can not wait to see how they finish it off and what they include in the next episode.

To be honest it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't include that much just to slow the pace of the series down compared to the books as seems like we're going quite fast.

Also those saying book 4 is a hard slog, it is but it's worth it for book 5 as I think that goes back to near the best of the first 3. Problem is the introduction of so many new characters but I guess book 4 was needed to introduce them so the final 3 books wouldn't have to deal with it so much (unless he goes on to add loads more characters in book 6 but I hope not)

I thought the 4th book was as poor as the other books are great, very surprised you didn't like the last book though - everyone I know loved it as a return to form.

It could be I was so disappointed with #4 it carried over into #5. I read them one after another with no break in between.

Just watched the latest episode and I have never been in more shock at a TV program.

I'm fucking gutted about what happened but that was one of the most beautiful endings to an episode I have ever seen.

Robb was my favourite character as well. Fucking hell.

Same here.

Was left shouting "Cunts" at the telly.

Fucking hell...

I don't know what to think really about where the story is headed anymore

With Robb dead?

Is Jon Snow supposed to end up somehow being the one that gets revenge for the Starks...or will they ever get revenge?

Or are the Lannisters going to just tear themselves apart from within. The way Jaime's changing I get the impression hes going to clash with that cunt father of his.

I'm sort of getting the impression Martin has written the stories to be as depressingly bleak as possible and there might not ever be proper closure for the Starks.

Whatever happens I want that Frey cunt to pay and that fucker Bolton who stabbed Rob. If Martin doesn't write it in someway that those cunts die horribly then he can fuck right off.

I've not read the books so cheers for the nsfw tags lads.

Can't remember the last time I was so utterly knocked sideways by an episode of a TV programme like I just was.

Un. Fucking. Believable.

Bit jealous to be honest. This is maybe the one show I'd have preferred to watch before reading the books, it's been done so well. Mostly video is a poor substitute for your own imagination.

Fucking hell...

I don't know what to think really about where the story is headed anymore

With Robb dead?

Is Jon Snow supposed to end up somehow being the one that gets revenge for the Starks...or will they ever get revenge?

Or are the Lannisters going to just tear themselves apart from within. The way Jaime's changing I get the impression hes going to clash with that cunt father of his.

You don't really want those questions answered yet mate. Lot of twists still to come!

Just hoping.....

That burned bloke takes a shine to Arya and looks after her. He'll probably end up dying trying to protect her.

Can someone answer something thats been bugging me from season one.

Arya had a fencing instructor, think they called him her dance instructor or something. He held off the guards while she escaped from the castle at Kings Landing.

Did he ever make it out of there?

His head wasn't among Ned and the rest when Joffrey made Sansa look at them. Does he make a return.

What about Arya shape shifting assassin friend from season 2. Will he come back as well?

Also how come the wolfs keep disappearing and re-appearing. A bit rubbish that.

Arya had a fencing instructor, think they called him her dance instructor or something. He held off the guards while she escaped from the castle at Kings Landing.

Did he ever make it out of there?

His head wasn't among Ned and the rest when Joffrey made Sansa look at them. Does he make a return.

What about Arya shape shifting assassin friend from season 2. Will he come back as well?

Not yet in the books, in either case.