You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011 Wish List: Your Ins and Outs (Transfers)

WhiskeyJar

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PurpleNose

Out -

Agger, Aurelio, Cole, Jovanovic, Kyrgiakos, Maxi, N'Gog, Poulsen, Irwin, Hansen, Mendy, Bruna, Saric, Jones, Konchesky, Darby, Eccleston, Amoo, El Zhar, Aquilani, Degen, and Insua.

In -

Albrighton, Enrique, Cahill, Mata, and a proper holding midfielder.

Unfortunately it doesn't quite work like that.

Outs;

Aquilani

Konchesky

Poulsen

Jova

Soto

Maxi

Ngog

El Zhar

Deggen

Cole maybe

If we get 10m for Aqui that lot could recoup 25m + which could pay for;

Adam Johnson/Marc Albrighton

Honda

Hangeland

Baines

Adam

and an unheard of promising back up centre forward !!

OUT:

Lucas

Maxi

Aquilani

Skrtel

Poulsen

Aurelio

Ngog

Spearing

Konchesky

Cole

Jovanovic

Krygiakos

IN:

Any of the following, but we need a LB, two CMs, a winger and two CB.

Fellaini/ Tiote/ Defour/ Sissoko/ M'Vila/ McCarthy

Young/ Hazard/ Sanchez

Jagielka/ Cahill/ Jones/ Garay

Baines/ whoever

Outs: Aquilani £8m, Poulsen £1.5m, Konchesky £1.5m, Ngog £4.5m, Jova £3m, Krygiakos £1.5m, Cole £5m, Maxi £3m, the rest will be frees or maybe add up to 1-2m. With the caveate that it would be very hard to move this number of players out in one window and I would expect one of Maxi/Cole to stay. So 20-25m approx in sales

In: Hazard/Sanchez £25m, M'Vila £12m, Sissohko £12m, Taiwo £0

This is why I don't think we'll sign Hazard or Sanchez because we really need to sign 2 wingers in terms of coverage. We could sign Young and Jarvis for the same cost for example.

and I forgot about Adam and a backup striker to replace Ngog. Christ we need £50m net.

We're dooooooomed.

Guest PurpleNose

Nobody is going to pay anything for Jovanovic, Krygiakos or Cole. We will probably end up having to pay them to leave.

Outs: Aquilani £8m, Poulsen £1.5m, Konchesky £1.5m, Ngog £4.5m, Jova £3m, Krygiakos £1.5m, Cole £5m, Maxi £3m, the rest will be frees or maybe add up to 1-2m. With the caveate that it would be very hard to move this number of players out in one window and I would expect one of Maxi/Cole to stay. So 20-25m approx in sales

In: Hazard/Sanchez £25m, M'Vila £12m, Sissohko £12m, Taiwo £0

This is why I don't think we'll sign Hazard or Sanchez because we really need to sign 2 wingers in terms of coverage. We could sign Young and Jarvis for the same cost for example.

and I forgot about Adam and a backup striker to replace Ngog. Christ we need £50m net.

We're dooooooomed.

You surely mean $450,000, not $4.5m?

Out, any of the following.....

Jovanovic (Not good enough)

Cole (doesn't suit, hittin 30 and costing the club alot of money)

Ngog (Not good enough)

Aurelio (broken, like him, good footballer but fucked)

Maxi (doesn't look interested)

Poulsen (id put him in a bracket along with, Carter, Kvarme, Piechnik, Degen, Stewart, Nunes as one of the most disappointing players to pull on the red shirt)

Eccleston (not going to make it at this level)

Amoo (not going to make it at this level)

Aquilani (wants to stay in Italy, though i think he could offer something different to this side, he's creative)

Insua (like him but not going to make it athis level)

Degen .

B Jones (not good enough)

I think you could raise possibly £20m maybe more out of that lot

In any of the following........

Reina might be going, NEW Keeper and Gulacsi in as permanent NO 2

CB Cahill is the kind of Dominant CB we need

CB Wisdom gets promoted to the 1st team, outstanding prospect!

CB Wilson send him out on loan for some much needed 1st team football

LB Baines for me (don't know if the bitters will sell him to us though) other than that Inter's Santon, Newcastle's Enrique or Banfica's Coentrao. Ideally Baines though!

LB Would like to see Robinson in and around the 1st team

DM/CM any 2 of the following McCarthy (excellent prospect) Sissoko (looks a good box to box player) Adam (Think he would really shine in our side and i dont want Utd or Spurs getting him) M'Villa (who would sit and clean up in Midfield)

Promote Suso & Pacheco, i've no idea why Pacheco isn't in the first team anyway although I've read he's been turning up late for training at Melwood this season

Wingers Any 2 of ..... Hazard, Turan, Downing, Young, Johnson, Lavezzi

Don't like the look of Marveaux or Gervinho, dont think they have what we're looking for Send Tom Ince out on loan next season to see how he fares in the Championship or in the lower half of the Prem

FW Think we need a back up forward for Suarez & Carroll. like the look of Bryan Ruiz at Twente, Don't know much about Toivonen, don't really rate Cavani. Would like us to have a sneeky cheeky look at Shane Long at Reading, would be a great impact sub in games + he's banging them in Reading this season, would'nt cost whole load of money either

Out:

Konchesky (£2m), Jovanovic (£2m), Kyrgiakos (£1m), N'Gog (£3m), Aqualani (£13m), Skrtel (£8m), Poulsen (£1m), Maxi (£3m), Eccleston & Other fringe players (£2m)

I make that £65m for signings

In:

Sanchez or Hazard (£20m), Adam (£7m), Hangeland (£8m), Adam Johnson or N'Zogbia (£12m), Baines (£12m), and the remaining £6m or so on a CDM and an out and out winger to fill squad places.

Nobody is going to pay anything for Jovanovic, Krygiakos or Cole. We will probably end up having to pay them to leave.

A Belgian club would probably pay something for Jovanavic, if not a Russian club probably would too. The problem would be his wage demands. I reckon a Greek team would pay a nominal fee for Kyrgiakos.

You are right on Cole, can only see Spurs, West Ham or Newcastle being interested. But I think we should give him another season anyway

Out -

Agger, Aurelio, Cole, Jovanovic, Kyrgiakos, Maxi, N'Gog, Poulsen, Irwin, Hansen, Mendy, Bruna, Saric, Jones, Konchesky, Darby, Eccleston, Amoo, El Zhar, Aquilani, Degen, and Insua.

In -

Albrighton, Enrique, Cahill, Mata, and a proper holding midfielder.

Unfortunately it doesn't quite work like that.

The interesting thing is that most are agreed on the Outs. I will try and be different and from your list, I would give Agger & Maxi a reprieve but would sell Skretl & Lucas to raise funds.

Ins : Santon, Haageland, Phil Jones, Moussa Sissoko, Dufour, Adam, Sanchez, Ashley Young, Honda & Kevin Doyle.

Comolli will have his work cut out to finance that lot but all should be available and there could be some cut price deals if Blackburn, Blackpool & Wolves go down, plus Honda will pay for himself in the extra money he will bring in with his fan club.

Outs:-

Realistically we are not going to get massive investment from the new owners, so we need to sell to raise the type of money we need. So I'd put a few 'sellable' assets on the out list:

Agger (sorry but his injury record is ridiculous), Brad Jones; Soto, Aurelio (see Agger); Konchesky; Glen Johnson (to raise money - in Kelly, as long as he stays fit, we have an adequate right-back to replace him), Cole (can't justify his wages); Maxi; Spearing; Poulsen and Jovanovic (both obviously); Aquilani; N'Gog (who has got worse over the past 18 months rather than better).

To this long list I'd then maybe add Lucas and Skrtel too if we need to raise the cash. I'd also sell Kuyt (but only for a decent offer) rather than give him the new deal that Tony Barrett was talking abouit today. I'd also happily take £20m for Pepe Reina if, as i fear, he no longer wants to be here.

In other words I'd listen to offers for any of the senior players bar Gerrard, Carra, Suarez, Carroll, and maybe Raul Meireles. I'd be ruthless with the youngters too. I've had enough of the current group of players with their passive acceptance of regular defeats and their lack of technical ability.

I don't see the point of a fantasy list of 'ins' because we just aren't going to be looking at the type of player whom most would like to see here.

Realistic targets who we could afford, would improve us and would probably come here despite no CL football:

Baines

Cahill

Adam

Young or Downing

Would cost about £50m and (if we're lucky) we could recoup about £20m from selling Aquilani and a few others. I really doubt we'll have a net spend of more than that so anything more than 4 decent players is fantasy.

Out:- (All not good enough) Jones, Aurelio, Konchesky, Insua, Kyrgiakos, Maxi, Aquilani, Lucas, Poulsen, Jovanovic, Cole, Ngog. Half the reserves.

Ins:-

Baines (dream of a left foot, classy player)

Zabaleta (versatile, reliable cover for three positions and a real fighter)

Alex (Big, strong, great in the air and a hammer of shot from distance)

Mavuba (Lille's unsung hero. Does the ugly side of the game really well in the middle)

Martinez (Big, strong, classy performer, young, good investment)

McCarthy (Gets about the pitch well and can play. Will continue to improve)

Downing/Zhirkov (Left sided option to give the side some balance and ammunition for Carroll)

Lavezzi (Lively performer, goal threat. Can play on flanks or off a main striker)

Maynard (Cheapish but a good option. Will make it in prem unlike Ngog)

*Reina will probably have to be sold to undego the squad overhaul.

Out-Jones (1m), Agger (7m), Skrtel (5), The Greek (1m), Konchesky (2m), Maxi (3m), Kuyt (5m), Aqualani (13m), Poulsen (2m), Meireles (10m), Jovanavic (4m), Cole (5m),

Ngog (4m)

Johnson if we get the right money

In- Taiwo (0m) Sanchez (25m) Young (13m) Enrique (7-10m) Adam (7m) McCarthy (7m)

Hangeland (7m) Garay (7-10m) Maynard (3m) Jarvis (7m)

Which leaves a net spend of 23m