You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst stand-up comedian ever

silverlining

That Micheal McIntyre is just shit - he prances round the stage in a stupid posh voice without really saying anything of any note. .

Does anyone actually like Michael McIntyre? I've never heard a single joke of his, somehow managed to avoid him completely. Anyway, everyone seems to hate the bad cunt.

The thing about McIntyre is that he's tried to be "Jimmy Carr: Light" with his poshness and saying some mildly controversial things. It doesn't have the comedic impact of a posh boy saying hugely offensive things.

Naturally if you don't like Jimmy Carr either then there's nothing down for him

I happened to see the Baddiel and Skinner when they sit on the sofa and talk to the audience. Wow. So utterly bereft of new thought and comedy it was almost impressive. Creating in-jokes with the audience and then constantly referring back to them. Appalling.

Guest davelfc
I happened to see the Baddiel and Skinner when they sit on the sofa and talk to the audience. Wow. So utterly bereft of new thought and comedy it was almost impressive. Creating in-jokes with the audience and then constantly referring back to them. Appalling.

I saw them live doing that show live. To be able to create comedy from such a format requires real genius. Frank Skinner is so witty and he knows Baddiel so well that it all just works. (Baddiel on his own is just awful though.)

I can't think of anyone that could have done that for two hours every night and maintained the level of humour.

You are the only person I've met who didn't enjoy it, but then I don't ask everyone I meet about it.

I saw them live doing that show live. To be able to create comedy from such a format requires real genius. Frank Skinner is so witty and he knows Baddiel so well that it all just works. (Baddiel on his own is just awful though.)

I can't think of anyone that could have done that for two hours every night and maintained the level of humour.

You are the only person I've met who didn't enjoy it, but then I don't ask everyone I meet about it.

Its basically no higher level of banter than I have with my mates. if you think it is all entirely unwritten, then you are sadly mistaken. When you have been doing comedy for that long, you have a whole selection of anecdotes to pull in. Spontaneous comedy is often far from it. It's all a question of taste though and if you like that then it doesn't matter what I think of it. I just thought it was shite.

Guest davelfc
Its basically no higher level of banter than I have with my mates. if you think it is all entirely unwritten, then you are sadly mistaken. When you have been doing comedy for that long, you have a whole selection of anecdotes to pull in. Spontaneous comedy is often far from it. It's all a question of taste though and if you like that then it doesn't matter what I think of it. I just thought it was shite.

I agree on the banter thing, I've had funnier exchanges with my mates. But I doubt even my mates and yours could hold up to live tv or a theatre consistently. Skinner is extremely quick witted and doesn't deserve to be in this thread when you see some of the mongs that infest the comedy circuit.

I agree on the banter thing, I've had funnier exchanges with my mates. But I doubt even my mates and yours could hold up to live tv or a theatre consistently. Skinner is extremely quick witted and doesn't deserve to be in this thread when you see some of the mongs that infest the comedy circuit.

I was more responding to someone mentioning Baddiel to be honest. Skinner is a funny bloke and without him Baddiel would have no chance of being on telly any more. however, I do think the show is weak, but you are right, Skinner wouldn't be in this thread otherwise.

I remember a bloke on years ago who was so bad it was funny. He did a sort of slow motion walk and his catch phrase was "He said Slither, so I slithered" Every now and then he would jump backwards and shout "spook"

Never met anyone else who remembers him.

Roy Jay. He used to wear a prisoners uniform. Bit Bonkers.

True that.

One of the worst stand-ups in the world, Shazia Mirza, on the worst place to play as a stand-up:

"Liverpool is the worst place to play: they're always pissed and they think they're funnier"

Right, well in your case you fucking unfunny cunt, that wouldn't exactly be difficult, and as for being pissed, you'd fucking have to be banjaxed to the point of incoherence to think that going to see you quack on about fucking hijabs and terrorism for 60 minutes was a good way to spend an evening.

Fuck off.

• 1 month later...

Managed to get Daniel Kitson tickets for October when they came out a couple of weeks ago, The only Saturday in the run was sold out within ten minutes, but got the Friday. Should be ace - my mate has been raving aboot him for years.

Michael McIntyre is beaten hands down by the guy who was on an hour before him, Lee Mack. Surely the least funny fucker ever to walk this planet.

After two minutes of listening to McIntyre I just thought 'my ears, my fucking ears'.

He's so intense that it's obviously designed to override your senses so you don't listen to what he's actually saying because it's not funny.

Another sign of an average comic IMO is his tendency to over egg the pudding, If he gets a laugh his eyes light up and he starts trying to hammer the joke again and again until people get bored and stop laughing.