You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst stand-up comedian ever

silverlining

The women stand-ups are getting a rough ride here. They're not all shit: Victoria Wood was very funny (and edgy) at one time, Maria Bamford is funny now. Even Sarah Silverman has her moments.

The point still stands though: this country is crap for female comedians - but not quality female comedy performers, strangely enough, we have loads of them.

Drop that pistol and man the harpoons!

Can you show me any evidence of this? Whenever i've seen her on tv she's been singing a shit song about periods and eccles cakes, or something similar. She is, and always has been, utter, utter shite, and thats just her stand up. She's also responsible for Dinnerladies...

Guest davelfc

jenny_eclair_lead_203x152.jpg

Jenny Eclair, FFS there have been natural disasters on the news that have been funnier than her. She's utter utter shit. Plus I didn't like her as aunt sally in worzel gummidge.

Jethro is an unfunny bag of West Country wank.

On the coach to see Oasis in Amsterdam in 97 and I brought Dumb and Dumber with me which we watched on the way there and the coach was pissing themselves laughing then the driver decides after it to put his own video on on a stop off which was Jethro doing Stand Up and needless to say the mood on the coach went flatter than Tara Palmer Tomkinsons chest.

Guest PurpleNose

I've met Jethro. Was at a cricket match I was playing in. As well as not being even remotely funny he's a complete and utter cunt.

The women stand-ups are getting a rough ride here. They're not all shit: Victoria Wood was very funny (and edgy) at one time, Maria Bamford is funny now. Even Sarah Silverman has her moments.

The point still stands though: this country is crap for female comedians - but not quality female comedy performers, strangely enough, we have loads of them.

Drop that pistol and man the harpoons!

Maria Bamford is very good. A bit mental too. I like that in a comedian.

katy%20brand2.jpg

the big whopper voiced this pigeon...

mongrels_episode_0106.jpg

but was actually quite funny in that - probably because I don't have to look at her kipper which is a trainwreck. I bet she's got a fanny like wizards sleeve, on a cloak bought from primark, which has been washed and tumbled say three or four times. Katy that is, not the pigeon puppet.

He is fucking brilliant live.

He is. I saw him in Blackburn a couple of years back, he's completely ace. Not an ounce of the mainstream in him, I love the way he avoids all these comedy game shows and chat shows.

He is. I saw him in Blackburn a couple of years back, he's completely ace. Not an ounce of the mainstream in him, I love the way he avoids all these comedy game shows and chat shows.

I haven't laughed so hard or so constantly as i did when i saw him. i was in agony afterwards. We saw him in Stockholm and he was sat in the same cafe as us before the show. Mrs RiS wanted to go and speak to him but was too scared of him (actually she was scared of then becoming a focal point during his show). He has brilliant material, he is grumpy, pissed off and sarcastic and dislikes most things. He also did a lot of Stockholm specific stuff, which was very impressive. Add to this he is pretty much the same age as me and has kids roughly the same age and his material about this is fantastic.

Guest davelfc
Is Katy Brand a standup? Thought she just did TV 'impersonations'?

Is Katy Brand the new Catherine Tate? | Comedy

Now, she says, she looks at a room full of 300 drunken strangers and just thinks "bring it on". And in her stand-up shows, it was always her celebrity skits that got the biggest laughs.

Brand is already a part of the comic fraternity. She dated controversial comic Reginald D Hunter for 18 months and, though they separated, he remains a friend and gave her the title for her TV show. She and Katherine Parkinson are also writing a radio comedy show.

And he's fucking shit too, Reginald D Hunter. The fucking chubby chaser.

So fucking many of them...

I think Dat Phan and Carlos Mencia are epically shit.

Dat Phan -- Vietnamese/American. His fake asian accent isn't even funny. He essentially stole Margaret Cho's act, except it's not even the slightest bit funny.

Carlos Mencia -- American/Honduran... that says he's mexican... and all his jokes are based on being Mexican or are Stolen from other comedians. See the problem here?

So fucking many of them...

I think Dat Phan and Carlos Mencia are epically shit.

Dat Phan -- Vietnamese/American. His fake asian accent isn't even funny. He essentially stole Margaret Cho's act, except it's not even the slightest bit funny.

Carlos Mencia -- American/Honduran... that says he's mexican... and all his jokes are based on being Mexican or are Stolen from other comedians. See the problem here?

You're a gigantic minorities hater?

I saw Reginald D Hunter on Apollo and I thought he was pretty good. A bit one track though along the black man from the deep south line, but he is at least funny.

Saw him live a few years ago and thought he was very funny. Only problem was his set lasted barely half an hour, and the ticket was something approaching 20 quid. I thought he was announcing the interval when he was actually saying thank you and goodnight.

No contest: Michael McIntyre, Ricky Gervais, Hugh Dennis and Omid Djalili. but most of all McIntyre.

I've seen a few asian comic doing the rounds, a few female ones too, and have yet to see one whose entire act didn't revolve around jokes about terrorism and burkas.

Saw him live a few years ago and thought he was very funny. Only problem was his set lasted barely half an hour, and the ticket was something approaching 20 quid. I thought he was announcing the interval when he was actually saying thank you and goodnight.

That's not good but it is also up to the organisers to get that right. I doubt it was him who organised it.

I have heard a lot of good things about Daniel Kitson but he doesn't have a DVD out which is a shame as I wouldn't have mind watching him perform.

I thought Lee Macks first DVD was ace but his latest one is shite.