You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst stand-up comedian ever

silverlining

On 16/05/2021 at 14:40, sir roger said:

Remember a decent gag from Acaster about blokes who say they can run the country better than the PM and you wonder why in that case they are drinking in Wetherspoons at 10am in track suit bottoms and shoes.

Also

"They say you are what you eat. And that's true. The other day I bought some ready-to-eat dried apricots. And I was."

Admittedly, I might be in a minority, but I love that gag.

6 hours ago, Red74 said:

Just been watching this and couldn’t agree more. He’s exactly like every British comedian out there now. Watch Graham Norton, Jonathan Ross and 8 cats countdown and you’ll see what I mean.

The men start to tell a Joke then realise it’s dying on its arse very quick so they overdo it so you forget the beginning and make up some shite that goes nowhere for 5 minutes and always ends with a self depreciating tale for a sympathy laugh.

: Lee Mack

: Sean Lock

: Joe Wilkinson

: Rhod Gilbert

: Johnny Vegas

The women always end up with a period joke or over eating.

: Jo Brand

: Sarah Millican

The Middle East / sub continent always end up with a very strict parent who doesn’t get modern culture.

: Romesh Rangathan

: shappi korsandi

There are loads more but watch any of the above twice and you’ve seen their entire act.

Spot on. 

10 hours ago, Red74 said:

Just been watching this and couldn’t agree more. He’s exactly like every British comedian out there now. Watch Graham Norton, Jonathan Ross and 8 cats countdown and you’ll see what I mean.

The men start to tell a Joke then realise it’s dying on its arse very quick so they overdo it so you forget the beginning and make up some shite that goes nowhere for 5 minutes and always ends with a self depreciating tale for a sympathy laugh.

The Middle East / sub continent always end up with a very strict parent who doesn’t get modern culture.

There are loads more but watch any of the above twice and you’ve seen their entire act.

That is just not true.

I think Acaster is funny but he was terrible on Jonathan Ross.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

That is just not true.

I think Acaster is funny but he was terrible on Jonathan Ross.

I wonder if maybe he's a good comedy actor, or someone who's better when he's got an act written down, rather than in those situations.

Peter Kay is the same, he's never been to my taste but he's a talented comedy writer and actor, but you never see him on a panel show.

When he (rarely) used to go on shows like Parkinson or Ross he looked petrified and couldn't seem to ad lib, instead he'd do stuff like start walking around on all fours or pretending to talk to his mum into the camera or something to get laughs.

14 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I wonder if maybe he's a good comedy actor, or someone who's better when he's got an act written down, rather than in those situations.

Peter Kay is the same, he's never been to my taste but he's a talented comedy writer and actor, but you never see him on a panel show.

When he (rarely) used to go on shows like Parkinson or Ross he looked petrified and couldn't seem to ad lib, instead he'd do stuff like start walking around on all fours or pretending to talk to his mum into the camera or something to get laughs.

Yeah he was annoying as fuck when he behaved like that. 

11 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Didn't Kay used to do warm-up for Parkinson? I remember seeing him on Parkinson once and he was brilliant. Recollections may vary indeed.

I think Kay's problem was that his material had limited range.

33 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Didn't Kay used to do warm-up for Parkinson? I remember seeing him on Parkinson once and he was brilliant. Recollections may vary indeed.

I think Kay's problem was that his material had limited range.

I think that's true. What he had was very funny at the time though.

11 hours ago, Red74 said:

You've obviously got the same confirmation bias I had a few pages ago.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

The panel show circuit is really built purely for people who do really short punchline jokes which is why it works for people like Frankie Boyle or Jimmy Carr.

All of the "ad-lib" bits are typically just bits of their comedy routines and rehashed. If you watch any of Frankie Boyle's stand up shows from the era he did Mock The Week it's all the same bits he did on Mock The Week.

I saw a thing with Stewart Lee where he was talking about why he doesn't do panel shows and he was saying it's pretty much impossible for him to do them well as it's totally different to how he operates so he never fits in and works on those shows. He also talked about the he did attempt to do, I think it was 8 out 10 cats, and he was totally thrown by the fact everyone else had writers, he didn't bother and went on and even in his own opinion it went really badly. While everyone else is churning out their scripted/written bits that are all prepared in advance.

5 hours ago, Chairman Meow said:

The panel show circuit is really built purely for people who do really short punchline jokes which is why it works for people like Frankie Boyle or Jimmy Carr.

All of the "ad-lib" bits are typically just bits of their comedy routines and rehashed. If you watch any of Frankie Boyle's stand up shows from the era he did Mock The Week it's all the same bits he did on Mock The Week.

I saw a thing with Stewart Lee where he was talking about why he doesn't do panel shows and he was saying it's pretty much impossible for him to do them well as it's totally different to how he operates so he never fits in and works on those shows. He also talked about the he did attempt to do, I think it was 8 out 10 cats, and he was totally thrown by the fact everyone else had writers, he didn't bother and went on and even in his own opinion it went really badly. While everyone else is churning out their scripted/written bits that are all prepared in advance.

Frankie Boyle and Hugh Dennis dominated Mock the Week in its prime. Only Dara came slightly close with the odd funny as fuck comment every episode. Comedians had to be brave to go on there then, especially with Frankie Boyle. 

21 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I lasted 30 seconds, during which I laughed as much as the audience. 

That's a painful watch, that. It produces that David Brent reaction of simultaneously pitying the poor fucker and thinking "Shut up you cunt".

The only way that could have been funny was if someone in the crowd threw their shoes at her like that Iraqi person at George Bush.

On 16/05/2021 at 17:08, Geoff Woade said:

Horrific. The epitome of ‘don’t give up your day job’. I can picture that being the evening’s entertainment in hell.

I hope that she is a better doctor than a comedian

Nadia Kamil - Welcome

They say laughter is the best medicine. If so she is going to kill more patients than Harold Shipman

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Just committing drunk carear suicide on Twitter every day. Today he has been trying to defend the physical attack on Chris Whitty saying he deserved it for letting old people die in care homes even though Hurst has spent the last year denying Covid exists. Not sure what those people died of then. I think Hurst starts drinking around lunchtime most days then tweets shit all afternoon/evening

He was reported to have a chronic illness back when he was relevant,Parkinsons or MS,I think?

I hope Turdseye stays away from Twitter.

31 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

He is being regularly spoofed by people sending him DMs re comedy bookings then asking for Rory Mcgrath's phone number. The british public are unforgiving but funny cunts.

Serves him right the absolute whopper.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Thinking Out Loud ft. Manoj PrabakarManoj Prabhark is a Tamil Nadu-based stand-up comedian who has recently gained popularity. It wouldn’t be wrong to say that he’s Manoj Prabhark is a Tamil Nadu-based stand-up comedian who has recently gained popularity. It wouldn’t be wrong to say that he’s an emerging stand-up comic. He’s famous for his funny acts and anecdotal humor. His live actions garner much attention and praise from the general public. I recently watched the Thinking Out Loud ft. Manoj Prabakar show at GUDSHO. The show was fantastic, as usual. So take our word for it and watch for one of the best stand-up comedians in Tamil Nadu.