You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst stand-up comedian ever

silverlining

21 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Wouldn't say he's the worst by a long stretch but has anyone ever actually heard that Romesh Ranganathan make a joke? Just seems like some kind of Jack Dee-style shtick.

His series on going to Sri Lanka was OK-ish, and he was quite funny on Taskmaster, but he just seems to be yet another of these insipid 30/40-somethings who infest endless panel shows. His Guardian column is fucking rubbish as well.

28 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Wouldn't say he's the worst by a long stretch but has anyone ever actually heard that Romesh Ranganathan make a joke? Just seems like some kind of Jack Dee-style shtick.

He's about as funny as standing on a drawing pin.

33 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

He’s fucking everywhere as well.

I also find “comedians” who rope their mum or dad into their act totally unfunny. Ranganathan, Matt Lucas (who I loved for his work with Vic & Bob), Jack Whitehall, just fuck right off.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Preston Red said:

Best way to describe Michael McIntyre would be a Tory Lee Evans.

Tom Allen is fucking dreadful. A light bulb that stands on stage shouting about being gay with a fucking horrendous voice.

It still freaks me out that nobody else except me has noticed McIntyre is Chinese. I feel like David Vincent in The Invaders.

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I just don't find stand up as a form funny anymore. There's moments from them spread across the board but I can't sit and watch a stand ups special I get bored. I like Bill Burr but I even turned his off. I dont know why that is.

I'm exactly the same, I watch almost no stand up comedy and can't be arsed with it. The one exception being Dan Kitson, who I'll always make the effort to see.

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

This cunt makes all the above look like Bill Hicks. An utter waste of skin-

image.jpeg

These two and Jack Whitehall are putting the final nails into the coffin of Britain’s comedy scene. Dreadful, awful, irritating unfunny wankers. 

That Romesh is about as funny as falling down the stairs into a pit of lions 

Hannah Gadsby. If the aim of a comedian is to make you laugh, forget about your worries and raise your spirits then she completely fails. 

She isn't alone there though, I have looked at some of the 'comedy' specials on Netflix and christ they throw money at some utter shit don't they, there are some stand up acts on there that need to be played to prisoners as a punishment. 

• Upvote 1

Maybe it's my old age, or just plain old sexism, but with the exception of Kath WhatsherfaceprettyfitfromCanada I've not seen a single decent female stand up for years. 

Whenever one comes on the Telly I brace myself for the diet, what are men like, my arse or period jokes and am never disappointed. MrsD used to say I was just being an arsehole but now she even agrees they're all rehashing the same shit jokes. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

They're aimed at kids aren't they?

*excuse the 70's schooling innuendo in there

They are. My kids have a couple and I think they are the worst kind of derivative shite imaginable. I find his "chav" stereotypes particularly offensive - and not in the way he probably intended.

8 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

They are. My kids have a couple and I think they are the worst kind of derivative shite imaginable. I find his "chav" stereotypes particularly offensive - and not in the way he probably intended.

Yeah, his punching downwards is enough for me to hate the cunt, but those books are filled with horrible caricatures which leave lasting impressions on young minds.

Plus he’s a smug, unfunny fucker who I’d never tire of kicking.

• Upvote 1