You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst stand-up comedian ever

silverlining

So, we've done the best (or more accurately "the incorrect opinions of some people who don't know any better") so who are your LEAST favourite stand-up comedians?

And you can't just say "any woman" because while that is accurate, it's also lazy.

(Although Gina Yashere and Shappi Khorsandhi are particularly fucking shite)

So, who do I always turn off/ ignore/ actively despise?

I've already mentioned my natural antipathy towards the likes of Michael McIntyre, John Bishop, Peter Kay, Jason Manford et al. But I can appreciate that they're quite accomplished at what they do, largely tedious, pointless and mundane as it is.

Obviously all the 70s and 80s comedians are all fucking shite, too (apart from Dave Allen and Tommy Cooper) so there's no point listing those.

I'm no fan of Russel Brand, Frankie Boyle or Dennis Leary, as they simply appropriate much better acts, and do it worse. Indeed, Frankie Boyle's Tramadol Nights was one of the worst things I've ever seen, and his current audience are just simpering, hateful cabbages who have paid money so that they can pretend to be shocked and outraged when he talks about fucking a dead baby with cancer or something.

But I really cannot bear Russell Howard. Or Omad Djallili.

Has James Corden ever done stand-up?

Because he's an unfunny, fat, bag of shite.

I suppose I prefer a stand-up to have some kind of narrative and point. I generally get very bored and irritated by non-stop "gag merchants" like Tim Vine or Jimmy Carr, especially when Steve Wright and Emo Phillips do it so much better anyway.

I think I'd like to see Daniel Kitson and Dan Antopolski. They sound like my cup of comedy tea.

Gina Yashere is seriously, seriously bad. If they did a Comedy X Factor, she'd be the girl who turned up to the auditions because her great grandmother used to laugh at her jokes and always said she should become a stand up, and now she's dead.

Seems to be a rule of thumb for stand-up:

Female stand-ups aren't funny.

Black stand-ups who aren't American aren't funny (Stephen K Amos anyone?)

So Gina's well on he rway to 99 problems, and being funny ain't one.

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

Lee Evans....just annoying!

Gervais.....cringeworthingly un-funny

Michael McIntyre....just annoying!

Think for me all new comedians are crap...too scared to offend..

For me Billy Connolly...Dave Allen....Jim Davidson....Les Dawson....Bernard Manning all get me laughing!

Lee Evans....just annoying!

Gervais.....cringeworthingly un-funny

Michael McIntyre....just annoying!

Think for me all new comedians are crap...too scared to offend..

For me Billy Connolly...Dave Allen....Jim Davidson....Les Dawson....Bernard Manning all get me laughing!

Jim Davidson offends me massively. Although probably not in the same way.

I never laugh at stand up comedians. I think they're all wank. There something totally unfunny about someone trying to make people laugh.

BILL HICKS is an exception to the rule for me though. Although he was more a social critic than a comedian. That guy has me in stitches with his mix of dark, sick spiritual humour!

Chubby Brown has to be the shitest stand up around?

"My wife's clit is fucking huuuuge" and that is it!

I find a lot of slick, american stand up's shite, you know the type, suit and one eye on the sitcom! Andrew Dice Clay is particularly unfunny! (I saw a clip of him and made the mistake of looking at more!)

Frankie Boyle is shite as well, offensive version of Chubby Brown.

Chubby Brown has to be the shitest stand up around?

"My wife's clit is fucking huuuuge" and that is it!

I find a lot of slick, american stand up's shite, you know the type, suit and one eye on the sitcom! Andrew Dice Clay is particularly unfunny! (I saw a clip of him and made the mistake of looking at more!)

Frankie Boyle is shite as well, offensive version of Chubby Brown.

I thought Dice Clay was funny when I was 17 and wasn't used to "shocking" humour. Sadly, even at the time I feared he was being taken at face value by his moronic audience with some of his more xenophobic stuff. And I wasn't even sure if Dice Clay knew what he was doing to be honest.

That said, I did enjoy some his nursery rhymes:

"There was an old woman who lived in a shoe

She had so many children......her uterus fell out"

Alan Carr I just cant bear. Off switch every time.

Ardal O'Hanlon is very unfunny as well, a shame given how brilliant he is as dougal.

Back in the day Jimmy Tarbuck was one unfunny cunt, now hes just a Tory cunt. In fact I would say he is the absolute epitome of unfunny and I dont see how anyone can top this.

And another thought......Alan Davies. Go on, hes shite, he really really is.

The thread should have ended at "jack whitehall".

I despise that student looking posh boy fucking cunt.

Any female "comedian" as well. Jo brand can be amusing, but not funny.

No woman is funny. This is just science.

I thought Dice Clay was funny when I was 17 and wasn't used to "shocking" humour. Sadly, even at the time I feared he was being taken at face value by his moronic audience with some of his more xenophobic stuff. And I wasn't even sure if Dice Clay knew what he was doing to be honest.

That said, I did enjoy some his nursery rhymes:

"There was an old woman who lived in a shoe

She had so many children......her uterus fell out"

He was a bit of a chancer. Hard to watch it now as it is basically homophobic, racist, misogynistic and generally not very funny. I just looked him up and he is basically peddling the same stuff now as he did 20 years ago. He is 53 now, can't imagine it has got any better.