You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Season ticket letters

WaltonRed

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I really dont understand is why they have closed the waiting list.

I would have thought it would make more sense to keep it open to get a better feel of the real demand considering we are supposed to build a new stadium.

First time I thought about putting myself down on the list was around 2003, but I never actually went through with it because it looked like a pipe dream, now they actually have started selling new season tickets I`d like to put my name down on it and you would think this also was in the clubs best interests.

What I really dont understand is why they have closed the waiting list.

I would have thought it would make more sense to keep it open to get a better feel of the real demand considering we are supposed to build a new stadium.

First time I thought about putting myself down on the list was around 2003, but I never actually went through with it because it looked like a pipe dream, now they actually have started selling new season tickets I`d like to put my name down on it and you would think this also was in the clubs best interests.

The list was a mess when the new owners came in and they have over 70,000 names, so i'm not surprised they've closed it. If the number reduces significantly after they have rationalised it then they may decide to re-open it.

I think what they're doing makes total sense.

Where did you get that number from Brownie, I thought it was something like 20.000 on the list or at least I think I read that and with how things have been going with people dropping out I thought it would be wise to put my name forward in case we actually get to build the new stadium.

But if its 70.000 on the list I`ll just stick to my original plan and dont bother.

Where did you get that number from Brownie, I thought it was something like 20.000 on the list or at least I think I read that and with how things have been going with people dropping out I thought it would be wise to put my name forward in case we actually get to build the new stadium.

But if its 70.000 on the list I`ll just stick to my original plan and dont bother.

Isn't the figure on the link above?

That figure is direct from the club.

• 4 weeks later...

I received two letters last week for my son regarding paying the £5 to stay on the list. They both have the exact same reference code on.

I've made three attempts to get him on the list over the years. The first two were in 2003 and 2004 and on each occasion, upon enquiring, I was later told they'd lost my letter.

Finally managed to get him on it in 2008 while I was renewing my own ST over the phone and that time they sent me a confirmation printed on a green away end ticket.

Would have been in the initial 25,000 if it wasn't for their incompetence.

It would be useful if others could confirm the first two digits of the 5 figure code near the top of their letters, along with the year you applied. His is 77XXX so if that relates to the 70,000 on the original list - then he's right at the back!

I received two letters last week for my son regarding paying the £5 to stay on the list. They both have the exact same reference code on.

I've made three attempts to get him on the list over the years. The first two were in 2003 and 2004 and on each occasion, upon enquiring, I was later told they'd lost my letter.

Finally managed to get him on it in 2008 while I was renewing my own ST over the phone and that time they sent me a confirmation printed on a green away end ticket.

Would have been in the initial 25,000 if it wasn't for their incompetence.

It would be useful if others could confirm the first two digits of the 5 figure code near the top of their letters, along with the year you applied. His is 77XXX so if that relates to the 70,000 on the original list - then he's right at the back!

13XXX but I was 2661 on the list so not sure of the relevance of that number.

applied 1999

I'm now 661 on the waiting list so all 2000 must have been taken up.

Earlier in the year I spent hours collating old letters and emails that i'd (fortunately) kept hold of which I appealed to the club with after we'd checked with the look up on the offal and found neither my wife or daughter were recorded on the waiting list.

Following this I was assured they'd be put on the list around the time we proved they originally applied.

We got two e-mails with reference codes that put them just over 8000 on the list and that's now fallen to 7100'ish.

Received one of the Ian Ayre letters this week for my missus indicating she was in the group after the first 25000 and it had a reference number on it.

Can't figure out how this has happened as no further applications were made by us to the ST list following the original applications in 2001.

While the club seems to be trying to sort out the mess that is/was the waiting list, I can't help but be worried that if we don't renew the second application and wife and daughter are removed from the list, they might also remove them from 7100'ish as well, while this might seem unlikely, unfortunately I feel anything could happen the way things have been going!!

I've just gone to pay my fiver online and noticed it says this:

If you have received more letters than you expected then please click here to contact us. Please do not register your applications at this stage.

Do they mean people who've been sent multiple letters (in the same name) with different reference numbers on, or those like myself who've received two identical letters with the same reference number on? Think I'll give them a call in the morning.

Has anyone spoke to them about this already?

Edited by Pepe Reina 25

I've just gone to pay my fiver online and noticed it says this:

Do they mean people who've been sent multiple letters (in the same name) with different reference numbers on, or those like myself who've received two identical letters with the same reference number on? Think I'll give them a call in the morning.

Has anyone spoke to them about this already?

Myself, my brother and dad all got 2 apps each with the same number on. From the sounds of things everyone's got a duplicate. The message you've got wasn't there when I registered but I registered no problem.

I reckon it means people with dual apps with different numbers. Worth giving them a call

Myself, my brother and dad all got 2 apps each with the same number on. From the sounds of things everyone's got a duplicate. The message you've got wasn't there when I registered but I registered no problem.

I reckon it means people with dual apps with different numbers. Worth giving them a call

I had an application to the list accepted in 2008 but also had a "lost" one from late 2004. It makes me wonder whether they've somehow found the lost one and just combined the two, hence the duplicate letters last week?