You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Season ticket letters

WaltonRed

I think they could and should have been more ruthless. Everyone knew about the waiting list because they had to confirm they still wanted to be on it and pay a fiver. Now when they announced that there were a number of season tickets available for this season I don't think anyone thought there would be as many as 2000. The first 2000 should have been sent a letter, emailed, phoned or sent a text (the contact details should be up to date as how else would they have contacted in the first place) and informed they had to take up the offer by a certain date (I believe it was 19th July) if they didn't then they were removed from the list and the season ticket should have been offered to 2001, 2002 etc.

what we have is a supposed transparent waiting list that, if it's correct, states that only 1050 approx season tickets have been taken up so why haven't the next 950 been contacted?

at best it's a computer system fuck up but i've been the same number for over a week now so surely they would have fixed it. at worst they've ballsed the whole thing up by continuously trying to contact those among the first 2000 who they haven't been able to contact so far. Very lenient on those guys but really I think anyone who was in that first 2000 should have been on red alert expecting to be contacted and trying to make arrangements if necessary to pay for their season ticket.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It turns out that when people registered online and updated their details, this is a different system to what the TO office uses. So when they have then contacted the first 2000 on the list, they have been using the old details.

Surprise fucking surprise.

Guest San Don
It turns out that when people registered online and updated their details, this is a different system to what the TO office uses. So when they have then contacted the first 2000 on the list, they have been using the old details.

Surprise fucking surprise.

Kinell, what a cock up! Ayres need to kick some butt over this and then sack te people responsible. Absolute shambles although Im not affected by it.

However, the club also said it would issue new season ticket cards to existing STH's. So far I've heard nowt and the season is fast approaching. I guess this latest cock up is having a knock on effect?

Guest San Don
Kinell, what a cock up! Ayres need to kick some butt over this and then sack te people responsible. Absolute shambles although Im not affected by it.

However, the club also said it would issue new season ticket cards to existing STH's. So far I've heard nowt and the season is fast approaching. I guess this latest cock up is having a knock on effect?

Belay that! New ST 'Members' card arrived in the post this morning!

Guest San Don
how the fuck have you gone up?!

I'd assume he went 'down' when they didnt get a response from those people they 'missed' sending applications to.

Then, when they discovered the mistake, re instated these missing applications so everyone who had moved down had to move back 'up.'

If you see what I mean!

I'd assume he went 'down' when they didnt get a response from those people they 'missed' sending applications to.

Then, when they discovered the mistake, re instated these missing applications so everyone who had moved down had to move back 'up.'

If you see what I mean!

I haven't moved up at any point though.

Still not received my ST and can't get through to anybody!!!

Finally managed to get through to someone in customer services and was told because I was a first time buyer I would have to collect it from Anfield rather than it be sent out to me and I should be getting instructions in the next couple of days of what ID to bring!

I wish they'd just said that in the first place when I purchased the ST would have saved me a lot of time and worry!!!

I emailed them twice (this monday and last monday) to see what was going on because according to waiting list only 1050 had been taken up.

still waiting on a reply. I have the reference numbers so I'll be quoting them.

probably will have about 6 reference numbers before I get a reply.

just fucking terrible no matter who the owners are.

1131 by the way which means about 1400 have been taken up

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone heard anything recently? I am 1543 on the list. Had a missed call yesterday and today from a blocked number and was wondering if it was our ticket office. Surely they'd leave a voicemail?

I emailed them about 3 weeks ago and got a reply on Sunday full of lies. Absolutely incompetent they are.

I emailed them about 3 weeks ago and got a reply on Sunday full of lies. Absolutely incompetent they are.

A POSTAL blunder by Liverpool FC left hundreds of fans unable to get into the ground in time for kick-off of the Premier League season on Saturday.

New season cards were not posted out to Reds supporters in time for the match against Sunderland at Anfield.

The club told the ECHO they warned fans via their website in the run-up to the game, but many still missed the start of the campaign.

One angry fan said: “You pay nearly £800 a year for your ticket and turn up for the first match of the season to find your ticket does not get you into the ground.

“It was an absolute joke. Most people did have their new tickets, but they forgot to send mine and there were about 200 people in the same boat as me.

“We missed most of the first half, including our goal.

“Even though the season ticket prices went up again this year they still could not get it organised to get us into the ground on time.

“It showed a total lack of concern for fans who are at the heart of the club.”

The club would not confirm how many fans had to miss part of the match and stopped short of issuing an apology.

A spokesman said: “During the summer the club announced it would be issuing new season cards to all season ticket holders.

“This was emphasised in the literature they received as part of the renewal process.

“A small percentage of our 24,000 season-ticket holders did not receive their new season card through the post in time for the Sunderland game.

“The club last week announced on our website arrangements for anyone in this category.

“Unfortunately a number of supporters who attended the ticket office with a query were not the owners of the season ticket and this caused a number of logistical problems before a duplicate could be issued.”

Liverpool FC fans’ fury after missing start of Sunderland game due to postal blunder - Liverpool Local News - News - Liverpool Echo

• 3 weeks later...