You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Season ticket letters

WaltonRed

Your posts are a bit strange and don't add up?? You obviously paid the fiver to remain on the list recently because you wanted a season ticket and you must have been one of the first to get on the waiting list in 1996. I was number 1149 and I joined in Sept 1997... but you only checked the season ticket list "out of curiosity..." Most people we champing at the bit to see where they were on the list when it was announced that 2000 new ST's were being released, but didn't bother checking even though you'd been on the list for nearly 15 years??

"Out of curiosity" what did you do? Did you buy the season ticket that was offered to you over the phone? I was under the impression that the first 2000 only had until 19th July to decide, so why would they then ring up one of the first people on the list 2 days after the list is closed for the first 2000??

As Brownie said, I hope you are going to complain.

I'd obviously missed the memo about the extra 2000 tickets!!!

I've been away travelling a lot in the last 2 months with not regular internet access. I can only think they tried to contact me last week when I was still away, they possibly coul'unt get through. Maybe instead of leaving it they decided to try and contact people they could'unt get through too. I only had 2 seating options Paddock or Lower Cent Kop end. 4 seat choices. I've checked my emails and I did not receive any other notification. I also forgot to add before - GET IN!!!!!!!!

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking about it it sounds like this happened - Once all the people in the '2000' had been approached those who did not pay up by the 19th tickets would have become available to the next people down the list after ' the original extra 2000'. Instead of contacting these people via email they just decided to start cold calling people next on the list. It was so out of the blue for me it was do you want it yes or no - have to pay now job.

I was on it before then, they offered me a centenary season ticket when it first opened but I turned it down as I wanted to be in the kop and it was easy to get tickets then anyway.

Hey, Stump or someone, excuse my ignorance on this... can I ask why season tickets are so hard to get thesedays?

In 1989, I stepped off a ferry at Dover, rang the club from a phone box, a woman at the ground answered the phone immediately, I sent her a money order for 60-odd quid and had a Kop Season Ticket within the week.

They cost thousands of pounds now and yet the waiting list from what I can ascertain is about 15 years.

The ground capacity is about the same. What's changed? Surely we were just as, if not more popular twenty years ago?

And if these waiting lists are anything to go by, there would be enough demand to fill a 60/70k stadium every game, wouldn't there?

Hey, Stump or someone, excuse my ignorance on this... can I ask why season tickets are so hard to get thesedays?

In 1989, I stepped off a ferry at Dover, rang the club from a phone box, a woman at the ground answered the phone immediately, I sent her a money order for 60-odd quid and had a Kop Season Ticket within the week.

They cost thousands of pounds now and yet the waiting list from what I can ascertain is about 15 years.

The ground capacity is about the same. What's changed? Surely we were just as, if not more popular twenty years ago?

And if these waiting lists are anything to go by, there would be enough demand to fill a 60/70k stadium every game, wouldn't there?

Supply and demand, Standing Kop, Growth of the fanbase beyond Merseyside.

We understand that supporters are keen to know what is happening and when we will be issuing further Season Tickets from the new allocation.

The club is currently working through the initial applications received to ensure that every transaction is processed correctly.

However, we have become aware that a number of supporters have not received their initial offer communication. As a result, we are in the process of writing to supporters again and ask that anyone currently in the top 700 on the waiting list who has not already received their offer contact the club as a matter of urgency on 0843 170 5000 on Monday between 8.15am and 5.30pm.

Please be advised that supporters can check their position on the waiting list here.

Further announcements will be made in due course.

We appreciate the patience of supporters during this process and will make further announcements in due course.

Guest ShoePiss

I'll have a crack at this. I used to be able to line up outside the kop at 11.30am/12pm and pay on the gate, there were often lock outs but if I got there by then I'd nearly always get in.

When you got your season ticket it was end of season 1988/89, ignoring the obvious event of that year people didn't have the disposable income they do now, especially in Liverpool, football was at a low point as far as general popularity goes, the treatment of fans, the actions of fans etc so the whole thing wasn't conducive to 'family entertainment' like it is now.

So in my opinion it's harder now because you can't pay on the gate day of game, larger disposable incomes, it's a safer environment and you can pay for future game tickets without having to run down to the ticket office. This brings in people from much further areas who can have guaranteed tickets months in advance and plan accordingly.

Does this mean we can fill 70k every game? I don't think so and I think I've covered that in the stadium thread.

Hardly surprising though is it

I am surprised if I'm honest. It was hardly a "major" project, that was done with sorting out the ST waiting list.

They have a list of people in order of joining the waiting list, they have 2000 season tickets... How hard could that have been.. Looks like all their time and effort went into making sure that the "half season tickets" till December went without any hitches...

So it's as you were, the Ticket Office in a mess once again... (and this comes from someone who got a ST). It really is a joke.

Wonder if anyone can help me out with this one.

I only applied for my ST a few years ago by sending a letter into the club. I didnt get any letter in return but when i check tickets i have bought through my Members card online it has me down as being added to the ST waiting list.

I have since took screen shots just incase that disapers. anyway this year i am not going to renew my Members Card so will i stay on the list or be removed or am i even on the list.

Any advice guys Cheers

I only applied for my ST a few years ago by sending a letter into the club. I didnt get any letter in return but when i check tickets i have bought through my Members card online it has me down as being added to the ST waiting list.

I have since took screen shots just incase that disapers. anyway this year i am not going to renew my Members Card so will i stay on the list or be removed or am i even on the list.

Any advice guys Cheers

Sounds to me as though you're on the list but are not in the first 25,000 which is being cleaned up as we speak. Once the club have got through this stage, they said they will contact the rest of the list to see if they want to stay on it so i'd expect a letter in a few months time.

Have a look on the website, it explains everything on there.

I dont see how they've fucked it up.

Its well better than how it used to be, fuck me they've sorted it this far havent they!

So if you were one of the first 2000 and they didn't contact you and then gave you 1 day to stump up 800 notes when everyone else got 2 weeks to sort it out, you wouldn't be pissed off?

Any advice guys Cheers

Where does it tell you that you've been added to the Waiting List mate? I'm in a similar situation, joined the list (although I got a letter of confirmation) after 2004 but haven't seen anything online when I've bought my tickets with my membership.

Where does it tell you that you've been added to the Waiting List mate? I'm in a similar situation, joined the list (although I got a letter of confirmation) after 2004 but haven't seen anything online when I've bought my tickets with my membership.

Its on my Purchase History mate. it was only 2009 so must be a recent thing. I have no hope of getting one anytime soon but I though in many years to come then maybe.

Just been reading a thread over on the official site's forum and this whole thing is an absolute disgrace on behalf of the club.

They had a great chance to do things correctly but have totally fucked it up, surprise, surprise.

Bar the obvious of not contacting people what else have they fucked up?