You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

An Epic Swindle by Brian Reade

Dougie Do'ins

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without wanting to engage in the Alonso debate too much as it's been done to death, but I would assume the new contract signed in 2007 also included a substantial pay rise?

Euros vs GBP

lower tax in Spain vs 50% tax in GB

(blah blah blah)

doesn't change the fact that Rafa wanted him rid

edit - if Alonso was deffo on his way in 2009 we should've got Sneijder when we had the chance that summer - not fucking going for Aquaman instead

fucking [insert: Hicks/Gillette/Rafa/Cecil] cunts!

Aren't you meant to relax more as you get older?

Chill out you are going to give yourself a stroke. Pull your slippers on, fill your pipe up, blow the dust off your zimmer frame and get out and enjoy the sunshine!!

At your age you have to treat every day as if it might be your last.

Hahahaha,

where's the beach, man?

Ah now I get it, what you are saying is that trying to offload Alonso for £14M was part of Rafa`s brilliant masterplan in his fight against the owners, owners he had sided with before when it suited im, he wanted them to get as little money as possible from the Alonso sale.

Go away you clueless Turd,

the point I was trying to make ( which flew right over your head) it was irrelevant Alonso fee,as the owner would have snapped up any monies

Who the hell would sign a long term contract if they were engineering a move away from the club, thus making it much harder to force a move?

I'm sorry that this doesn't fit your agenda.

Didn't Benitez himself sign a lucrative 5 year deal in late 2008 and find himself "out of contract" less than 18 months later.

Contracts AREN'T worth the paper they are written,they are there to protect the club AND the player

Without wanting to engage in the Alonso debate too much as it's been done to death, but I would assume the new contract signed in 2007 also included a substantial pay rise?

C'mon Plev,

don't be silly,

those thing simply don't happen

The fact is, Benitez was looking to sell Alonso. In all likelihood, he would have sold him to Huddersfield if they'd have popped up with 14m. Arsenal were in the running, but ultimately they didn't want to pay. Alonso didn't want to go anywhere at the time. He was mightily pissed off with Benitez after that escapade though, and had realised that him and Rafa couldn't live under the same roof. It's been done to death this, but to deny that any of the above is true is silly.

The fact is, Benitez was looking to sell Alonso. In all likelihood, he would have sold him to Huddersfield if they'd have popped up with 14m. Arsenal were in the running, but ultimately they didn't want to pay. Alonso didn't want to go anywhere at the time. He was mightily pissed off with Benitez after that escapade though, and had realised that him and Rafa couldn't live under the same roof. It's been done to death this, but to deny that any of the above is true is silly.

The relationship soured when, Alonso stayed behind for the birth of his child (which he was a million per cent entitled to do) which Benitez childishly couldn't accept.

Some great manager have a stubborn streak and they won't let go,

Shankly for eg,would blank players when the were injured,

it's worth noting the Benitez missed the funeral of own Father for nothing more than a prestigious friendly, maybe Rafa wanted Xabi to be "professional" when it came to family matters

as Plev said, this Xabi/Rafa debate has been done to death and where going around in circles,

lets put this debate to bed for 2 men who I admire greatly,

both on and off the park

The relationship soured when, Alonso stayed behind for the birth of his child (which he was a million per cent entitled to do) which Benitez childishly couldn't accept.

Some great manager have a stubborn streak and they won't let go,

Shankly for eg,would blank players when the were injured,

it's worth noting the Benitez missed the funeral of own Father for nothing more than a prestigious friendly, maybe Rafa wanted Xabi to be "professional" when it came to family matters

as Plev said, this Xabi/Rafa debate has been done to death and where going around in circles,

lets put this debate to bed for 2 men who I admire greatly,

both on and off the park

that's very kind of you to say so Durango.

I've got a mate who missed the conception of one of his kids due to a football match. He managed to put it behind him. A lesson for us all there.

Guest davelfc
that's very kind of you to say so Durango.

I've got a mate who missed the conception of one of his kids due to a football match. He managed to put it behind him. A lesson for us all there.

I think you'll find it impossible to miss the 'conception' of your child.

Guest davelfc
oh I don't know, a test-tube and a syringe.

In the general course of events I mean, obviously it is possible but you're hardly likely to spunk into a syringe and then say "ok love I'm off to the match you squirt that up yer clunge when you feel like it"

I'm sure he mean't 'birth' and I nearly missed my daughters birth because of a football match. In my defence it was a vip ticket, it was my birthday too and it was against the mancs at Anfield. Luckily she was born early in the morning after a lot of loud bangs (me with paper bags) and some encouragement.

Oh and we won, result!

You mean would I say that Pako was a traitor and Parry bought all the shit players and Alonso was hell bent on going back to Spain and that we should have bought Malouda Alves Turner Chamakh and Barry and Heighway was an obstacle to youth development and Keane was a bit thick in training and that all the players wanted to leave with Rafa and Parry and Purslow thought they were football experts and Purslow wanted Rafa's house and Rafa was forced to buy Aquilani and Johnson because of debts and reduced budgets and Rafa wasn't a control freak who managed to convince a signifcant chunk of our support that no blame, none whatsoever, can be attached to his poor judgement in the market, his obsession with having his own way on absolutely everything or his increasingly negative approach away from home, and certainly never made snide back-stabbing remarks to dimwit starstruck allies about anyone who didn't do what he wanted nor did he play his paranoid part in turning this club into a freakish, poisonous circus that still frustratingly exists to this day?

I wish that was in the book. Makes more sense.

In the general course of events I mean, obviously it is possible but you're hardly likely to spunk into a syringe and then say "ok love I'm off to the match you squirt that up yer clunge when you feel like it"

I'm sure he mean't 'birth' and I nearly missed my daughters birth because of a football match. In my defence it was a vip ticket, it was my birthday too and it was against the mancs at Anfield. Luckily she was born early in the morning after a lot of loud bangs (me with paper bags) and some encouragement.

Oh and we won, result!

artificial insemination. test-tube and a syringe.

allegedly

Guest davelfc
artificial insemination. test-tube and a syringe.

allegedly

Don't they pop the little fellas in while you're there, fresh from the tap so to speak? Oh unless you're dead or have had your sperm frozen or donated it. In which case how would you know you'd missed it due to the football? Would they phone you during the match to inform you that they're about to inseminate some woman with your spunk?

Because if they do that is just sick, really sick. And I don't mean sick like my son would use it, I mean sick.

Oh and if you were dead then you are permitted to miss the moment of conception, allegedly.