You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

An Epic Swindle by Brian Reade

Dougie Do'ins

Don't they pop the little fellas in while you're there, fresh from the tap so to speak? Oh unless you're dead or have had your sperm frozen or donated it. In which case how would you know you'd missed it due to the football? Would they phone you during the match to inform you that they're about to inseminate some woman with your spunk?

Because if they do that is just sick, really sick. And I don't mean sick like my son would use it, I mean sick.

Dave, it was a joke. Even I know what conception means. We can probably move on from it now. You've ruined the moment.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc
Dave, it was a joke. Even I know what conception means. We can probably move on from it now. You've ruined the moment.

Story of my life.

Didn't Benitez himself sign a lucrative 5 year deal in late 2008 and find himself "out of contract" less than 18 months later.

Contracts AREN'T worth the paper they are written,they are there to protect the club AND the player

Fine, but even you will have to agree that if you as a player try to force a move to another club it's a lot easier with one year, as opposed to four years remaining on your contract.

It is entirely possible that the situation at the club was more favourable in summer 2007 for Xabi to be happy to sign his new contract. Basically, Xabi was happy with the club's direction in summer 2007. The problem was that it unravelled six months later, and despite an excellent final season, the club was not headed in the direction Xabi was happy with. That he chose to look at his own future than the club's is what any other player would do. He loved the club then, largely due to the support of the fans, and he loves the club now, but I think he felt he had to move because he could see the club was headed for a downward spiral and that not everybody was pulling in the same direction. The exact reasons for that are supposedly detailed in the new book, and while they may not be directly related to him, it should be apparent as to why he made the decisions he did.

It is entirely possible that the situation at the club was more favourable in summer 2007 for Xabi to be happy to sign his new contract. Basically, Xabi was happy with the club's direction in summer 2007. The problem was that it unravelled six months later, and despite an excellent final season, the club was not headed in the direction Xabi was happy with. That he chose to look at his own future than the club's is what any other player would do. He loved the club then, largely due to the support of the fans, and he loves the club now, but I think he felt he had to move because he could see the club was headed for a downward spiral and that not everybody was pulling in the same direction. The exact reasons for that are supposedly detailed in the new book, and while they may not be directly related to him, it should be apparent as to why he made the decisions he did.

Also take into account his family situation and whether people like it or not the extra money on offer by moving back to Spain and from Alonso's point of view it made perfect sense to move back home.

Does anybody remember that sketch on 'Not the 9 o'clock News' where Rowan Atkinson was a schoolboy who just changed the first paragraph of any essay he wrote to ensure the rest was the same essay about his parrot every time.

On 'The Liverpool Way' , Rafa is that parrot.

Does anybody remember that sketch on 'Not the 9 o'clock News' where Rowan Atkinson was a schoolboy who just changed the first paragraph of any essay he wrote to ensure the rest was the same essay about his parrot every time.

On 'The Liverpool Way' , Rafa is that parrot.

Quality. I wish I could still rep people.

Remember us being bought by the Chinese?

Not a snide dig, just to point out that you passed on information that you were given by someone you felt was a good source! Reade is writing a book on the Parasites time at the club, and it is weighted towards how he feels about the situation, because that is up to him.

Just as if Bascombe had of written his book, it would have been heavily weighted to a different perspective, and most of the naysayers would have been dismissing criticisms as people not allowing alternative opinions.

If anyone genuinely believes that they have the definitive right answer, then they are either mad as a hatter or living in Norway!

It was a messy, horrible time and very few people came through it unscathed, I want to read about this because I trust the journalist, and think it will be a good, read.

Could you please enlighten me on the quotes I have made regarding Huang and the Chinese bid please?

Wasnt me. Walton Red it was who made them quotes not me.

I have got to read the book though which is a fair point that someone made and I shouldn't pass judgement too much . Reade is the best journo about by a mile.

Maybe those who still see the circus still see it because they went with it when it left town.

Repped. I think we should all stop looking for things that aren't there, and I include myself in that. The book will arrive this time next week, so perhaps it would be best if we read it in its entirety because it will at least provide some overall context to what we've read so far.

Those of us who realise the circus left town a long time ago.

Ha! 'Us', indeed.

The idea of the circus leaving town becomes harder and harder to believe when you can still smell elephant shit on every forum.

I'm perfectly well aware of the 10,001 contradictions in the last few years. The post you quote wasn't meant to be taken too seriously, as it was skewed sarcastic extremity in response to someone who didn't even realise I wasn't talking about Readey in the first place

I'll read his book, as should everyone, to see if your lavish claims for it are lived up to.

The extracts published to date aren't filling me with that much hope, though that could be yer typical tabloid juice search. Legacy Protection is still in full swing, it would be futile to deny it but if that legacy involves complete absolution for the man in question you can count me and plenty of others out.

If someone slammed Rafa thanks to an unnamed "senior source" the likes of your good self would go absolutely bat-shit, and rightly so.

The author of this book didn't say any of that either did he?

If you'd been asked to write this book I assume you'd omit any quotes that didn't fit in with your existing opinion on what went on during this time.

I'm expecting this book will feature quotes that contradict each other because different people will tell different versions of the same stories. It's up to us to work out why they contradict each other and which version seems most likely to be true.

Those of us who realise the circus left town a long time ago might find reading the book changes our opinions on some aspects of what went on or on some of the people involved. Of course it might strengthen our views, or maybe it'll leave us with more questions than answers. But whatever we think about it, we'll know it's in the past.

Maybe those who still see the circus still see it because they went with it when it left town.

Depending of which "camp" you favour,

somewhere in the middle lies the truth

Pro Benitez fans will have a different view to his critics,

what's not up for debate is the antics of messrs Parry,Moores,Hicks,Gillett and Purslow who were a disgrace to themselves and the club,

I don't think any of them will be singled out for praise by the HFG,

who were lavish in their praise of Kenny and Rafa

The only ones who will hopefully and rightfully come out looking good are the fans. The rest can go and fuck themselves. All of them.

Durango what the HFSG think of Rafa and Kenny isn't relevant at all really is it? Bit of a sly trick to gain a bit of credence for Rafa that way in my opinion.

If you want to believe he was fighting the good fight for us under G&H then fine that is your opinion and you are entitled to that but don't use what Hillsborough organisations think of his considerable efforts with them to try and prove a point eh John.

The previous (shite) owners are gone. Rafa is gone. These are the facts.

Good news: it is possible for us to win something without Rafa. It has been done before.

So I look forward to the next season and pledge right here to never again mention what Rafa did or didn't do at LFC in his role as manager because it is all supremely irrelevant right now.

The previous (shite) owners are gone. Rafa is gone. These are the facts.

Good news: it is possible for us to win something without Rafa. It has been done before.

So I look forward to the next season and pledge right here to never again mention what Rafa did or didn't do at LFC in his role as manager because it is all supremely irrelevant right now.

I wouldn't call keeping the European Cup & winning the FA Cup as irrelevant.

Nor would I say his involvement at the academy was irrelevant either.

Like it or not the man has now left a legacy.

Not bad for a man who's role as manager is now supremely irrelevant.

Durango what the HFSG think of Rafa and Kenny isn't relevant at all really is it? Bit of a sly trick to gain a bit of credence for Rafa that way in my opinion.

You're the fuckin KING of slime and hair splitting,so you'd know all about being manipulative.

The reference I was making about Benitez AND DALGLISH,

is that the HSFG ISN'T predominantly a football group,they are brought together because of the terrible tragedy that affected their families.

I'd lean more on the opinions of Margaret Aspinall and the families who don't take a footballing view,

so when it comes to praising DALGLISH and Benitez as MEN and not football

icons I know whose views I would value.

At times you can be a horrible twat,

YOU WOULD MAKE A GOOD TRAFFIC WARDEN OR WHEEL CLAMPER

YOU CANNOT SEE ANY GOOD IN BENITEZ ON OR OFF THE PARK

It's fuckin killing you that Benitez made them contributions to those local charities,because it puts him in a good light,

which is something that you simply DETEST

Chapter 5.

Chris Bascombe: "Are you sure you've sold to the right people, Mr Moores?

David Moores: "How can you look me in the face and ask that"

Let's not let silly, irrelevant things like this get in the way of important stuff like arguing about Rafa, eh Steve.

YOU CANNOT SEE ANY GOOD IN BENITEZ ON OR OFF THE PARK

It's fuckin killing you that Benitez made them contributions to those local charities,because it puts him in a good light,

which is something that you simply DETEST

I don't think so.

Rafa's work off the pitch has brought praise, rightly so, from all sides. It's his work on the pitch, that some of us, rightly so, have to hold to account.

This is a Xabi post - nothing to do with Rafa. Xabi signed a new improved contract in June 2007 (his wife isnt pregnant) In December 2007 Brian Reade reports that Rafa tells him Xabi wants to go back to Spain (his wife is now 6 months pregnant) Xabi has a son in March 2008 and rumours start to surface that Xabi wants to bring up his family in Spain. Sometimes football decisions can be made which are actually outside of football.