You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Winding up Daily Mail readers 2011

Remmie

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do we rush to criticise our talented young footballers like Wayne yet make heroes out of similar aged lads who go off to be shot at in places like Afghanistan in wars that shouldn't concern us.

- Russ Atmos, Manchester, England, 5/4/2011 12:33

Read more: Wayne Rooney: The real obscenity is the way we indulge football's Neanderthal | Mail Online

Could white bread soon be toast? Healthy living means demand for brown loaves jumps | Mail Online

"To be honest, I'm surprised that we're able to call it "white bread" and "brown bread" any more! Surely I'm not the only sane person out there who finds it all a bit racist?

My children are (quite rightly) no longer allowed to call the blackboard a blackboard any more, and they're also (quite rightly) no longer allowed to sing Bah Bah Black Sheep because of the racial connotations, so what makes bread a special exception to the rule?"

Councils are going to start charging £2 to use the local tip (being trialled in the south), so we will have to pay for the privilege of helping the councils to meet their recycling targets (for which they are remunerated). I've a good mind to start leaving my rubbish on the steps of the town hall and them sort it out !

- toneloc, North West, 05/4/2011 14:03

6 REPS so far !!

Council demanded £95 to take away rubbish bags after charity litter pick | Mail Online

I'm out and about for some work at the moment. Have any of mine been approved yet? Can't view their site very well on the phone.

'Cyber sex pervert', 24, walks free after judge rules he was seduced by girl, 13 | Mail Online

This pervert should be castrated to prevent the untold harm he could do when he inevitably turns into a serial rapist. Bloody EU human rights interfering in this country, we wouldn't be able to do it as it's against his "human rights" what about the rights of those he could do more harm to. Perverts like this should be either castrated or imprisoned for life.

- A. Boycroft, Berwick, 05/4/2011 09:21

+103

As I near her basement flat, at No 44, the road is quiet. Earlier in the day there had been an ITN news van here but it has gone now. I’m reassured to see two policemen standing vigil at her iron gate, either side of a small, discreet pile of flowers in varying degrees of decay.

I tell them I’m spooked, walking here. ‘Don’t be spooked,’ one says. ‘Residents are campaigning to get brighter street lights installed.’ So the antique, lovely ones are to disappear to be replaced by ugly ones because of something even uglier.

That afternoon I had gone to the lane where Jo’s body was found. It was horrible and windswept. I don’t know what I had expected but not this.

There was no ceremony here, no policeman, just that lovely face on a now dog-eared poster. I got the feeling the world is starting to forget Jo, that she’ll become just another thumbnail on the Avon and Somerset Police website, along with the faces of the other murder victims no one can recall.

I’d have expected the cars to slow down here to show respect but they sped past, carrying people on their way home from work. The lane is narrow. I can’t see how a car stopped here and a man struggled with a body without being beeped at and told to get out the way, as I was.

There were no messages with the flowers, just one card, still sealed in its Cellophane. The person who left it hadn’t bothered to scrawl a note.

Leaving Jo’s flat, I return to my car. My satnav takes me to the Clifton Suspension Bridge.

The theory is the killer took the long route from the flat to where he dumped the body to avoid the CCTV cameras. Perhaps he also wanted to avoid the 50p toll.

I don’t have 50p and try tossing 30p and a White Company button into the bucket. It doesn’t work.

There is now an angry queue behind me. Isn’t it interesting that you can snatch a young woman’s life away from her in the most violent, painful, frightening way possible, take away her future children, her future Christmases, take away everything she loves, and yet there are elaborate systems in place to ensure you do not cross a bridge for only 30 pence?

Finally, a man in a taxi jumps out, and runs to me brandishing a 50p piece.

‘Not all men are monsters,’ he says, grinning. Maybe not. But one monster is all it takes.

Read more: Joanna Yeates murder: Becoming just another thumbnail on the police website? | Mail Online

BBC presenter Chris Packham says 'save the planet, have fewer babies' | Mail Online

This is ridiculous. So we are going to put a cap on the amount of kids that you are allowed. What happens if you exceed your quota? Madness, sheer madness

- Clarence Beeks, Shropshire, 5/4/2011 12:13

Yay, I am -60

As much as it hurts us to pay for for the illegitimate children of unemployed single mothers. It is morally and spiritually the correct thing to do.

I have been going for reps early doors under the name Wimplemanne of not France.

I will quote ones that get votes, get comfortable, then I foresee a heinous heel turn

I can't believe you got this one on...

Unfortunately they missed some of the trash...there still seem to be some illegals loitering!

- Wimplemanne, Not France, 5/4/2011 14:58

Read more: Council demanded £95 to take away rubbish bags after charity litter pick | Mail Online

Excellent back home now and see I have been published at last.

I still have not appeared on the migrant arrests one or the 2.50 tablet so I must have been too offensive for those.

Currently:

125 up on the Cyber Sex Pervert.

2 up on the UN Plane crash.

0 rating either way on the Libya arms story

18 up on a story about ugly famous men having attractive daughters (I said it was because they had attractive wives because they are rich).

Remmie, I see you intend going deep undercover like I am before suddenly turning on them and coming out with something left wing.

Are scores going to be cumulative or does it have to be a single article big score?

Why do we rush to criticise our talented young footballers like Wayne yet make heroes out of similar aged lads who go off to be shot at in places like Afghanistan in wars that shouldn't concern us.

- Russ Atmos, Manchester, England, 5/4/2011 12:33

Read more: Wayne Rooney: The real obscenity is the way we indulge football's Neanderthal | Mail Online

you got a reply:

Why do we rush to criticise our talented young footballers like Wayne yet make heroes out of similar aged lads who go off to be shot at in places like Afghanistan in wars that shouldn't concern us - Russ Atmos, Manchester, England - It's ignorant morons like you Russ that make me sick to my stomach. While these 'lads' are out there fighting for what's right and to aid a country, Rooney is being paid to sleep with hookers and make a mockery of himself, his team and the sport itself. I find your comment so very shocking.

- Laura, London, 05/4/2011 14:30

I think you might be in there Russ old boy.

Nice work on this one Remmie and Bubbles

Working an 11-hour day can increase heart attack danger by 67 per cent | Mail Online

I've gone for saying it would only happen to people who sit in an office typing all day and not people in real manual jobs like I used to have before I was on the sick with a bad back.

I can't believe you got this one on...

Unfortunately they missed some of the trash...there still seem to be some illegals loitering!

- Wimplemanne, Not France, 5/4/2011 14:58

Read more: Council demanded £95 to take away rubbish bags after charity litter pick | Mail Online

Just underneath the heading comments there is sometimes a line saying these comments have not been moderated.

Free reign.