You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate your local chippy

Sugar Ape

Gravy on fish is wrong on all levels, whether it is powdered, bisto, or made from meat juices (there's the clue right there proper gravy is made fom meat juices! not from fish water)

**** realises he's probably alienated himself from the forum! but has an opinion***

• Upvote 4

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Fuckin' hell, you move away for a few years and all of a sudden you've never tasted proper chippy gravy before.

I fucking love them Hollands meat pies that they have in all the chippies by Anfield. Living near Wrexham none of these hillbilly fuckers even know what I am asking for. 

I've got a special place in my heart for a proper griddled chicken kebab with a load of chilli sauce at the moment. Talking traditional shit, I don't know what NV is on about, but people who have fish and chips and gravy do need to be sterilised!

• Upvote 1

I fucking love them Hollands meat pies that they have in all the chippies by Anfield. Living near Wrexham none of these hillbilly fuckers even know what I am asking for. 

I've got a special place in my heart for a proper griddled chicken kebab with a load of chilli sauce at the moment. Talking traditional shit, I don't know what NV is on about, but people who have fish and chips and gravy do need to be sterilised!

Iceland sell Hollands Pies mate.

Amen brother, he speaketh sense

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Yeah, gravy with anything battered is just incorrect. Gravy with anything that goes soggy as shit is just wrong.

• Upvote 1

We have had this chat before but you will never find a finer Fish and Chips.

Indeed we have.

The haggis was awesome too. I've normally spent the day freezing my tits off a Loch Badenloch before I call in; absolute bliss.

Anyone passing by really should call in.

They do a mean gravy at our local chippy. But they always serve it in pots. Wrong: You pour the gravy on the chips, so that by the time you've  got home, the gravy's bound the chips together in a perfect 'brick' of gravy-y chippy awesomeness. 

I keep asking the girl behind the counter to pour the gravy on the chips and she looks at me like I've asked her to pour it over her own tits.

They do a mean gravy at our local chippy. But they always serve it in pots. Wrong: You pour the gravy on the chips, so that by the time you've got home, the gravy's bound the chips together in a perfect 'brick' of gravy-y chippy awesomeness.

I keep asking the girl behind the counter to pour the gravy on the chips and she looks at me like I've asked her to pour it over her own tits

(edit: fuck knows what happened with that first post).

• Upvote 2

They do a mean gravy at our local chippy. But they always serve it in pots. Wrong: You pour the gravy on the chips, so that by the time you've got home, the gravy's bound the chips together in a perfect 'brick' of gravy-y chippy awesomeness.

I keep asking the girl behind the counter to pour the gravy on the chips and she looks at me like I've asked her to pour it over her own tits

Mmmm, gravy & tits

Do you ever frequent the chippy by Tesco Sb quality fish there

This. This this this. The chip and gravy brick. You just gave my tastebuds a stiffy that can't be satisfied in this country.

What about cheesey gravy chips? That's wrong.

Tell you what I like, a gravy chip from a Chinese as you get peas in it. Good shit.

Disagree. The Chips, cheese and gravy brick is also outstanding.

With you on the second one though, my local chinese when I was a lad did the best sausage chips and gravy ever. Big fat chips, lovely sausages and gravy, with onion and peas in there as well. A banquet in a chip tray.

Disagree. The Chips, cheese and gravy brick is also outstanding.

With you on the second one though, my local chinese when I was a lad did the best sausage chips and gravy ever. Big fat chips, lovely sausages and gravy, with onion and peas in there as well. A banquet in a chip tray.

You don't want too many onions though.

Gravy and cheese? Fucking hell, I thought that was the behaviour of misguided youth.