You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate your local chippy

Sugar Ape

This thread caused me to use Alan's in Hassocks last night. The batter really is woeful, far too crispy on the outside, retains too much oil and too soggy underneath adjacent to the haddock. The pickled onion was schiße too.

They do appear to do curry sauce so I might chance that next time I'm pissed and therefore brave enough. Or to be honest I might just use the kebab shop a few doors down.

Alas no need to.

Found Jupps in Burgess Hill. Which sadly is a ten minute drive and risks bring amongst the Hillian lower classes. But it's a risk of infection worth taking. He takes orders over the phone so you can avoid any unnecessary contact with the proles.

Fish cooked to order, lovely batter, crispy with depth. Does Cod, haddock, rock, squid and hake. Alas though it was the plaice I had. Out fucking standing, great size, chips perfect, mushy peas plentiful and a good range of pickles and sauces.

Best bit? He does fucking gravy! My 14 year exiled torture is over.

He just needs to relocate or expand to my village so I can access it when pissed.

You bastards in Liverpool don't know how lucky you are. The two things I miss not living there anymore (except the unmentionable) is a deccent pub and a proper chippy.

There is a massive business opportunity waiting for someone here but if the Chinese can't spot it I'm not even going to try. 

I'm amazed at the shouts for Steve's in The Vale being better than Chris's on Rose Lane. I grew up on Rose Lane and Chris's was always the King* I went to Steve's to get a chicken curry after hearing recommendations of it's fayre and the meat was grey. If i am paying for a chicken curry from a chippy i want white meat!!

*Having said that i've lived on The Wirral for 10 years now and i'm still to find a decent chippy, plus Chris's may have gone downhill in that time. When i go to my ma's i keep meaning to go and get something but she's always got some food on anyway so you just don't bother.

The Beijing City on Allerton road did the best crispy beef in chilli & garlic sauce i have ever tasted as well..

Alas no need to.

Found Jupps in Burgess Hill. Which sadly is a ten minute drive and risks bring amongst the Hillian lower classes. But it's a risk of infection worth taking. He takes orders over the phone so you can avoid any unnecessary contact with the proles.

Fish cooked to order, lovely batter, crispy with depth. Does Cod, haddock, rock, squid and hake. Alas though it was the plaice I had. Out fucking standing, great size, chips perfect, mushy peas plentiful and a good range of pickles and sauces.

Best bit? He does fucking gravy! My 14 year exiled torture is over.

He just needs to relocate or expand to my village so I can access it when pissed.

You're a very lucky man

My gravy hell continues. Found what i thought to be a very good chippy in Headington in Oxford. Chips were well fried and plentiful and the fish was moist and tasty. After a few visits i plucked up the courage to order the gravy and all my worst fears were realized. They opened up a jar of Bisto and switched the kettle on...i almost cried with disgust and revulsion and, needless to say, will never go back

Fucking Bisto

What's wrong with these cunts?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Gravy on chips is ridiculous, especially that powdered shit they sell in chipies. That said, vinegar is also the preserve of peadophiles. EDIT: Oh, and mushy peas? What the fucking fuck is fucking wrong with you?

This post isn't going to go down well, is it?

• Downvote 6

Gravy on chips is ridiculous, especially that powdered shit they sell in chipies. That said, vinegar is also the preserve of peadophiles. EDIT: Oh, and mushy peas? What the fucking fuck is fucking wrong with you?

Damn you Usher. Raise my neg limit for fucks sake.

Spoken like a true Southern fairy. I hope you choke on your jellied eels.

You fucking warped cunt

• Upvote 2

I'm amazed at the shouts for Steve's in The Vale being better than Chris's on Rose Lane. I grew up on Rose Lane and Chris's was always the King* I went to Steve's to get a chicken curry after hearing recommendations of it's fayre and the meat was grey. If i am paying for a chicken curry from a chippy i want white meat!!

*Having said that i've lived on The Wirral for 10 years now and i'm still to find a decent chippy, plus Chris's may have gone downhill in that time. When i go to my ma's i keep meaning to go and get something but she's always got some food on anyway so you just don't bother.

The Beijing City on Allerton road did the best crispy beef in chilli & garlic sauce i have ever tasted as well..

I went past Chris' the other day and they had a sign out front advertising Greek salad. Greek Fucking Salad! At a chippy!

I occasionally go there as i wend my way home along rose lane and down barkhill and its not a patch on Steve's. Walk in to steve and get haddock cooked fresh to order, fantastic stuff and no sign of fucking salad.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Spoken like a true Southern fairy.

Easy, son. It's all fun and games until somebody gets hurt.

Easy, son. It's all fun and games until somebody gets hurt.

I've reported your post to Dave, Merseyside police, The met, the FBI, The CIA, Interpol, S.H.I.E.L.D. Kim Jong Un, The Rothschilds, The Pennsylvania Amish and Rolf Harris.

I hope you get jailed/bummed/killed in a timely manner.

This is one of the worst things i've ever read

The only redeeming feature is the proper and rightful disdain for mushy peas which are foul vegetables of the night

The powdered shite gravy only happens in the cultural wasteland of the south. Go somewhere proper and experience proper gravy and know true joy 

• Upvote 1