Quantcast
Rate your local chippy - Page 11 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Sugar Ape

Rate your local chippy

The correct way to season your chips should be to put a generous handful of salt, shake the bastard until the salt is well dissipated, then rain down the vinegar, then twat on a load of salt again so that it sticks to the vinegar. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Remmie said:

The correct way to season your chips should be to put a generous handful of salt, shake the bastard until the salt is well dissipated, the rain down the vinegar, then twat on a load of salt again so that it sticks to the vinegar. 

Remmie knows. 

When they ask in the chippy do I want salt and vinegar I always ask for loads. I look at the amount they put on and think fuck i'll be dead after this. Yet still put more on when I get in 

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

When they ask in the chippy do I want salt and vinegar I always ask for loads. I look at the amount they put on and think fuck i'll be dead after this. Yet still put more on when I get in 

You get them to do it? I hate it when they administer the salt and vinegar, you get a light dusting and 4 chips in you have dry plain chips.

I for one am OUTRAGED. This country. 

On 1/10/2019 at 7:56 PM, Sugar Ape said:

Seriously though, what kind of Yewtree motherfucker doesn't like gravy on their chips? 

On 1/10/2019 at 7:58 PM, Numero Veinticinco said:

This one. Nor vinegar. Salt. Jobsagoodun.

This just makes me hate NV even more. 

3 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

No salt and vinegar on chippy chips is like just eating the wrapping paper they come in.

Anybody else get hungry every time they look at this thread?

Yeah until I read an NV post then I just want to curl up into a ball and die. 

Gravy should only go only with chips on there own, or as part of dinners with sausages and pies.

Anyone that puts gravy with fish or as is the case with one guy in our work, fried rice,  deserves at lifetime of shit bad luck and really bad aids.

Where do people stand on the various other snacks at a chippy: Gherkins, pickled eggs, pineapple fritters, buttered roll etc? 

53 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Where do people stand on the various other snacks at a chippy: Gherkins, pickled eggs, pineapple fritters, buttered roll etc? 

Get out. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sugar Ape said:

I don’t even know if they sell pickled eggs in a chippy up here. I can’t remember seeing them. 

Of course they do. My former local chippy has all sorts of weird shit in jars. Filthy pickle/vinegar swines. 

• Downvote 1

Nah, not up here. I’ve seen Gherkins now and then I think, but Pickled eggs? Get the fuck outta here. 

They do, you tart. I scowled at them every time I went in. They did in Wigan too. My ex’s Dad lives there and has them. Fucking gross. Not that Wigan counts for anything. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

They do, you tart. I scowled at them every time I went in. They did in Wigan too. My ex’s Dad lives there and has them. Fucking gross. Not that Wigan counts for anything. 

They have 7 fingers on each hand and still use Internet explorer in Wigan too, you’re not going to win any arguments using Wigan to try and justify your southern depravities. 

• Upvote 1

They have 7 fingers on each hand and still use Internet explorer in Wigan too, you’re not going to win any arguments using Wigan to try and justify your southern depravities. 

Ahaha. 

If you don't have pickled eggs in chip shops where have you even come across them before as it was about the only place that sokd them until the last few years when they started appearing in supermarkets?