Quantcast
Rate your local chippy - Page 10 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

 

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

 

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

 

Thanks

Dave

Sugar Ape

Rate your local chippy

Recommended Posts

Mushy peas are rare as anything down here, I miss them.

Fish and chips are usually ok though.

 

And I would say gravy on chips = good

Gravy with fish = no

 

I probably posted that before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Mushy peas are rare as anything down here, I miss them.

Fish and chips are usually ok though.

 

And I would say gravy on chips = good

Gravy with fish = no

 

I probably posted that before.

That’s a good rule. 

 

You want the fish batter to be crispy and adding gravy will take that away.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Curry with fish, on the other hand, is epic. Curry sauce, that is. Not a full Saag Aloo, like. 

Sorry, had to neg, even though I agree that curry with fish is ace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Curry with fish, on the other hand, is epic. Curry sauce, that is. Not a full Saag Aloo, like. 

Saag Aloo isn't even a proper curry its a starter if anything. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bjornebye said:

Saag Aloo isn't even a proper curry its a starter if anything. 

True. However, referring to Saag Aloo as curry > calling chippy curry “curry sauce”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Curry with fish, on the other hand, is epic. Curry sauce, that is. Not a full Saag Aloo, like. 

Fuck me, that's all kinds of wrong right there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This dinner time I went to Barnacles, the local chippy in the town centre for the first time in ages.  Had a tray of chips with a small sausage with scraps and a splash of  curry, lashed it with salt n vinegar and it was seriously fucking delicious. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Doesn’t the chippy always serve your chips and gravy in a tray and wrap the fish separately? 

 

No no problem with soggy fish or batter then. 

What in the fuck are you on about???? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just demolished haddock and chips, with an accompanying cuppa. Lovely.

 

Must've been the biggest fish I've ever had from a chippy, about three or four inches over each side of the plate. Not moving for at least an hour now, while I sit like a snake that's swallowed a bowling ball.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Just demolished haddock and chips, with an accompanying cuppa. Lovely.

 

Must've been the biggest fish I've ever had from a chippy, about three or four inches over each side of the plate. Not moving for at least an hour now, while I sit like a snake that's swallowed a bowling ball.

Peas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×