You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate your local chippy

Sugar Ape

3 hours ago, Preston Red said:

At least you have them brilliant mud baths. Highlight of my holiday there in 2007.

Really? Did it once and never again. Got stung by floundering wasps and didn't think trying to get mud out my hoop in full view of everyone was a good look. 

Crave for a sausage dinner, fish and chips, chicken green pepper and blackbean sauce, heaven.

Shit chippys round by me as they also double as kebab shops too. Back home in bucolic south Wales, a chip shop is just for fish and chips and they are glorious. You want a kebab? Go the kebab shop. As it should be, mix and match almost always means weaker chips.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

Shit chippys round by me as they also double as kebab shops too. Back home in bucolic south Wales, a chip shop is just for fish and chips and they are glorious. You want a kebab? Go the kebab shop. As it should be, mix and match almost always means weaker chips.

tumblr_lzn0ozGOYl1r2eblvo1_640.png

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

tumblr_lzn0ozGOYl1r2eblvo1_640.png

And they're right. Small menu, done right.

Interestingly, or not, a lot of chippys in the valleys are owned by Italians. Loads came over early in the 20th century and set up ice cream parlours or chippys.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Always finished off in there when drinking on Breck Road.

Shame how Breck Road has been left to decline.

The Breck closed years ago

The Richmond same.

Used to go in The Windermere - don't know if still open

Shame.

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

Shame how Breck Road has been left to decline.

The Breck closed years ago

The Richmond same.

Used to go in The Windermere - don't know if still open

Shame.

Yeah it is, it had its day in the 80's. Been a few years since I drank on Breck/Thirlmere Road.

4 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Really? Did it once and never again. Got stung by floundering wasps and didn't think trying to get mud out my hoop in full view of everyone was a good look. 

Crave for a sausage dinner, fish and chips, chicken green pepper and blackbean sauce, heaven.

To be fair I only went once with the miserable cunts I went with. Was more enjoyable than spending time with them cunts.

4 hours ago, Preston Red said:

To be fair I only went once with the miserable cunts I went with. Was more enjoyable than spending time with them cunts.

So, to sum it up? You went with cunts?

I thought it was like walking through shit but I know it's a well loved trip here but not for me.

22 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

So, to sum it up? You went with cunts?

I thought it was like walking through shit but I know it's a well loved trip here but not for me.

Well, they were good friends before the trip but spending two weeks with them wasn't for the best.

The Turkish baths were ace too.

47 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

This is the best chippy in Plymouth apparently, they’ve won loads of awards. 

Not fucking cheap though. 

She had a small cod and chips which was £8.95. A large is £10.20! 

302A4C69-D7B0-4A99-A5A3-59C7318B62A5.jpeg

Was it nicer than it looks? The chips look stodgy and the batter looks greasy and not very crispy.