You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate your local chippy

Sugar Ape

The correct way to season your chips should be to put a generous handful of salt, shake the bastard until the salt is well dissipated, then rain down the vinegar, then twat on a load of salt again so that it sticks to the vinegar. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

When they ask in the chippy do I want salt and vinegar I always ask for loads. I look at the amount they put on and think fuck i'll be dead after this. Yet still put more on when I get in 

You get them to do it? I hate it when they administer the salt and vinegar, you get a light dusting and 4 chips in you have dry plain chips.

I for one am OUTRAGED. This country. 

3 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

No salt and vinegar on chippy chips is like just eating the wrapping paper they come in.

Anybody else get hungry every time they look at this thread?

Yeah until I read an NV post then I just want to curl up into a ball and die. 

Just now, Sugar Ape said:

Nah, not up here. I’ve seen Gherkins now and then I think, but Pickled eggs? Get the fuck outta here. 

They do, you tart. I scowled at them every time I went in. They did in Wigan too. My ex’s Dad lives there and has them. Fucking gross. Not that Wigan counts for anything. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

They do, you tart. I scowled at them every time I went in. They did in Wigan too. My ex’s Dad lives there and has them. Fucking gross. Not that Wigan counts for anything. 

They have 7 fingers on each hand and still use Internet explorer in Wigan too, you’re not going to win any arguments using Wigan to try and justify your southern depravities. 

• Upvote 1