You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate your local chippy

Sugar Ape

Is it as bad down South as people say for getting stuff like gravy and curry etc...?

Gravy? No chance. Curry Sauce has probably less than a 50% hit rate. No Scallops, no full Chinese menu, no barms.

Basically just fish and chips, sausage (battered and non battered) saveloy, pies, peas or fish cakes. Basically shite, unless you just want fish and chips.

I think the kebab shops and chicken shops are generally better than home.

to be fair the one near mind on the hard in portsmouth sells gravy and mushy peas, but its right next to hms nelson dockyard so no doubt been made to through the years. 

they are shit though. not like back home. i once asked for a sausage dinner in one in fratton and the woman looked at me like i'd just asked to suck her kid off 

Can't even get half rice half chips, or make smutty jokes about it around closing time.

No noodles, salt and pepper wings or owt. They're peasants down here, fucking peasants.

Holy shit.

I'll have nightmares tonight about such a dystopian outlook.

the one next to the fusilier???? the greeks? fucking hell thats the best chippy going. followed by rapey's shout and then by the one in cronton village just before the golf course. 

chippys down here are shite.

The big chippy is still there. Interesting side note; George who used to run Big Chippy also ran Napoli in the Business houses league on a Sunday. Once tried to get me to sign on with the promise of a new pair of boots.

The Fusilier has been pulled down and the old man tells me that they are building a new town hall on the site! I was last in the fusee about 3 years ago for a Sunday afternoon derby game and plenty of scallies in the place. Mind you I am old and live down south now.

they are shit though. not like back home. i once asked for a sausage dinner in one in fratton and the woman looked at me like i'd just asked to suck her kid off 

Maybe she was wondering how she'd managed to time travel back to the 50s? Should have a given here a chorus of "Knees Up Mother Brown" and then confirmed that you, indeed, have no bananas today.

• Downvote 1

This thread caused me to use Alan's in Hassocks last night. The batter really is woeful, far too crispy on the outside, retains too much oil and too soggy underneath adjacent to the haddock. The pickled onion was schiße too.

They do appear to do curry sauce so I might chance that next time I'm pissed and therefore brave enough. Or to be honest I might just use the kebab shop a few doors down.

The big chippy is still there. Interesting side note; George who used to run Big Chippy also ran Napoli in the Business houses league on a Sunday. Once tried to get me to sign on with the promise of a new pair of boots.

The Fusilier has been pulled down and the old man tells me that they are building a new town hall on the site! I was last in the fusee about 3 years ago for a Sunday afternoon derby game and plenty of scallies in the place. Mind you I am old and live down south now.

yeah full of bad nobheads that pub. glad its gone. 

nothing wrong wit a sausage dinner , bet you dont even know what it is hudu you big poof 

yeah full of bad nobheads that pub. glad its gone. 

nothing wrong wit a sausage dinner , bet you dont even know what it is hudu you big poof 

What Rapey said.

Either that, or the codename for the punishment you used to get in the navy when you hadn't peeled enough spuds for the day. Give him the sausage dinner lads.

• Downvote 1

yeah that was defo it. you make so many references to gayness that i am actually wondering if thats why the sex-life with the missus is stale? because she is sick of your pork sword stinking of other mens shit ? 

chips, sausage, mushy peas then gravy on top..... fucking hell. 

• Downvote 1

yeah that was defo it. you make so many references to gayness that i am actually wondering if thats why the sex-life with the missus is stale? because she is sick of your pork sword stinking of other mens shit ? 

chips, sausage, mushy peas then gravy on top..... fucking hell. 

I don't reference gayness so much as specifically your gayness. I just don't want to see your missus get hurt when you finally come out. She seems a nice girl and doesn't deserve that kind of let down. Come on Damo, just admit it.