You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate your local chippy

Sugar Ape

Both in Aintree village.

Aintree fish bar - 7/10 nice chippy but annoying, slow staff. Was better when it was Jimmys Continental.

Olympic - 8/10 staff a bit slow getting your order together but very pleasant, lovely food.

Been the Aintree Fish Bar once on way home from footy last month. Fucking awful it was. Got in there, place empty, bird in back saw me but I still waited 5 mins for her to come out. Chips were overcooked and cold. Won't go there again.

The Olympic is sound though.

My nomination is Maghull Premier for chow mein dishes. Always busy in there and the chips are always sublime. 7/10

For fish and chips it has to be Melling Fish Bar. The cod is cooked to perfection. 8/10.

The Chinese on the Red Lion bridge in Maghull has the best traditional Chinese food combo's. They do meal deals which are chicken sweetcorn soup, prawn crackers, spring rolls, ribs, any main meal and boiled rice. Last time I got that it was £6.70! The standard of cuisine defies the price they charge. 8/10.

Jesus, chippies are shit down here, no full chinese menus, no chips and gravy or owt.

For Dirk tho', the Chip Basket on Church Road Hove, Bankers on Western Road, Bardsley's off London Road and The Daily Catch on St James's Street all do great fish and chips. But shit all else.

Both in Aintree village.

Aintree fish bar - 7/10 nice chippy but annoying, slow staff. Was better when it was Jimmys Continental.

Olympic - 8/10 staff a bit slow getting your order together but very pleasant, lovely food.

Nah the Olympic was an 8/10 about 15 years when Stavros (can't remember his real name so I'll just typically stereotype) used to charge 55p for a portion of chips, that and Chans chippy on Homestead was also top around the same time, used to knock round with the lad who's family owned it. Mabel who who used to work there (the daughter) was a vision of pure beauty.

The worst chippy though was The Bungalow in The Marian Square, rank of the highest standard of rank.

Nah the Olympic was an 8/10 about 15 years when Stavros (can't remember his real name so I'll just typically stereotype) used to charge 55p for a portion of chips, that and Chans chippy on Homestead was also top around the same time, used to knock round with the lad who's family owned it. Mabel who who used to work there (the daughter) was a vision of pure beauty.

The worst chippy though was The Bungalow in The Marian Square, rank of the highest standard of rank.

Everyone I know just calls him ( and the chippy ) the gay greek, so I suppose that makes Stavros sound PC!

Feel free to post about your local 'chipper' but I can't guarantee you won't get negged.

Everyone I know just calls him ( and the chippy ) the gay greek, so I suppose that makes Stavros sound PC!

Feel free to post about your local 'chipper' but I can't guarantee you won't get negged.

Ha. We used to call him tight arse. My cousin worked there when she left school, he used to pay her £2 an hour while other girls in other chippy's would get £3.50.

You from round the Old Roan?

Been the Aintree Fish Bar once on way home from footy last month. Fucking awful it was. Got in there, place empty, bird in back saw me but I still waited 5 mins for her to come out. Chips were overcooked and cold. Won't go there again.

The Olympic is sound though.

My nomination is Maghull Premier for chow mein dishes. Always busy in there and the chips are always sublime. 7/10

For fish and chips it has to be Melling Fish Bar. The cod is cooked to perfection. 8/10.

The Chinese on the Red Lion bridge in Maghull has the best traditional Chinese food combo's. They do meal deals which are chicken sweetcorn soup, prawn crackers, spring rolls, ribs, any main meal and boiled rice. Last time I got that it was £6.70! The standard of cuisine defies the price they charge. 8/10.

the jade view? I'm in there now waiting for chicken fried rice

Ha. We used to call him tight arse. My cousin worked there when she left school, he used to pay her £2 an hour while other girls in other chippy's would get £3.50.

You from round the Old Roan?

I'm from Netherley mate, lived in Orrell park for a couple of years and settled into Aintree Village about 3 years ago. Nearly all my mates are from this way so I've settled in quickly.

I'm from Netherley mate, lived in Orrell park for a couple of years and settled into Aintree Village about 3 years ago. Nearly all my mates are from this way so I've settled in quickly.

I used to knock around the streets of Old Roan/ Aintree Village in my youth. My uncle also lives on Radley Drive.

Used to live near Orrell Park till October last year, used to always be in the flat above the Launderette years ago.

I think that handsome devil Paulie Dangerously lives on Orrell Park.

my local is on Orrell lane opposite the Warbreck pub.the New parkway.

not bad 7/10, getting tighter on the chip portions, nice salt n pepper chicken wings and chinese meals. slow service usually.

Liverpool chinese chippies I think are shit for fish and chips,the fish give ya gutache.

I love the Yorkshire ones where they do it in beef dripping,theres a nice one in Huddersfield I like going to when Im up there and a great one in York centre run by a scouser, massive fishes too, whale and chips mmmmmm

I used to knock around the streets of Old Roan/ Aintree Village in my youth. My uncle also lives on Radley Drive.

Used to live near Orrell Park till October last year, used to always be in the flat above the Launderette years ago.

I think that handsome devil Paulie Dangerously lives on Orrell Park.

I lived in the flat above Abels racing by the warbreck for two years. First year I lived there with my mate was a boss drunken haze then, unfortunately, my mate move out and my bird moved in. That soon ended the fun.

my local is on Orrell lane opposite the Warbreck pub.the New parkway.

not bad 7/10, getting tighter on the chip portions, nice salt n pepper chicken wings and chinese meals. slow service usually.

Liverpool chinese chippies I think are shit for fish and chips,the fish give ya gutache.

I love the Yorkshire ones where they do it in beef dripping,theres a nice one in Huddersfield I like going to when Im up there and a great one in York centre run by a scouser, massive fishes too, whale and chips mmmmmm

Decent chippy, but they sell the worst gravy I've ever had the misfortune to taste. Luckily for them it was too much of a pain in the arse to walk down to Moss lane from the Warbreck so they got my custom anyway.

Chaus on St Marys Road in Garston, 6/10.

Decent sweet and sour pork, but their special fried rice doesn't have any gravy! Prawn Crackers are crap too.

Sang Sang on Aigburth Road, 9/10.

Good sweet and sour pork, good special fried rice, decent english bits, and very friendly staff.

Rice Bowl in some back road in Garston, 9/10.

Friendly staff, very cheap food, and free stuff when you spend £10, £15, £20, whatever.

Don't know of any proper chippys round here, there all chinese.