You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Matt Jarvis

Monster Masch

People shouting for the big names I think we've been here before, going for someone "proven" etc etc and it hasnt worked. We want someone hungry and who will fit the team, I dont know much about Jarvis but if The King thinks he can do a job for the team and stick around to do it, rather then join us then ponce off because its too cold or he cant get his favourite food then it will do for me.

The thing is... we need to sign MORE than one winger this summer. (dealing with linked names)

We need (in a perfect world) three... and two is the bare minimum.

Jarvis is a good option. Marveaux would be the 'third'. A big name like Hazard or Young would be the first.

I'd prefer Hazard, Jeffren, and Jarvis as our three... but unlikely. Willian, Jarvis, and Marveaux would be likely. (That adds two "flair" wingers in Hazard, Jeffren, Willian, or even Marveaux... and one direct winger in Jarvis)

Jeffren, Jarvis, and Marveaux would be disappointing, but would still vastly improve us.

The thing is... we need to sign MORE than one winger this summer. (dealing with linked names)

We need (in a perfect world) three... and two is the bare minimum.

Jarvis is a good option. Marveaux would be the 'third'. A big name like Hazard or Young would be the first.

Exactly what I think. I reckon we will generally be lining up in a 433 type formation next season with a marquee signing alongside Carroll and Suarez, but with Carroll in the team I think Kenny will also want the option to 442 with proper wingers, who are more squad players then first XI. Jarvis fits that bill perfectly, and it seems Marveaux could be the one on the left. I would still like N'Zogbia personally (as the squad player, not the marquee signing), could play as both the 3rd player in the 3 or as an out an out winger.

We need a great squad with options to have a chance of winning things, not just a First XI, and not everyone in that squad needs to be world class.

Four league goals this season isn't great though.

Tell that to Maxi.

He would be a good wild card winger. Maybe average, but since we do not have even one average winger in the squad it would be an upgrade.

As said we need to play the numbers game on the wing as there are so many busts when it comes to wide players.

If we get three and one turns out to be top notch then job done.

As for the names in this thread I do not think we will be getting Sanchez, Hazard or Young.

Not pushed on Jarvis at all.

I also hope we don't become a team that tries to just mainly buy British out of some misplaced loyalty. I know we have to have a certain amount of homegrown players but we need to stick the idea that it doesn't matter where they are from, it's how good they are.

I also remain unconvinced that Adam will be good enough to make the step up to the level of title challenging midfielder.

You on the other hand I'd be delighted with.

Rather have Downing and then a pacey dribbler to go on the other flank.

Very under rated player and the more I watch him the more I think he would be a good signing for LFC. He can play on either flank and has stood out in a very poor, under achieving Aston Villa side this season with 6 goals and 6 assists. Good player.

Was Pennant really that bad talent wise, I thought if he was as professional as a Kuyt he would have had a far better career. Lets be honest his head couldn't have been in the right place most of the time if half of the stuff that has been reported is true.

I really don't rate Jarvis.

Other than Meireles' goal the only thing that sticks in my memory from the game at Molyneux was that he was free in space on the wing three times and crossed behind the goal each time.

The only other player I've seen do that this season is Bebe. There's really nothing more to say than that.

I really don't rate Jarvis.

Other than Meireles' goal the only thing that sticks in my memory from the game at Molyneux was that he was free in space on the wing three times and crossed behind the goal each time.

The only other player I've seen do that this season is Bebe. There's really nothing more to say than that.

I seem to remember he had a good game boxing day of last season at Anfield, is very good at beating his man, not sure about his crossing, Albrighton would be the ideal signing but would probably cost a shit load