You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Matt Jarvis

Monster Masch

Reds eye up Wolves winger | Liverpool News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Skysports.com understands Liverpool are lining up a summer swoop for England new boy and Wolves winger Matt Jarvis.

Jarvis, who was rewarded for his fine form this season with his first cap for England in the midweek draw with Ghana, is thought to be on Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish's wanted list.

Dalglish is keen to bring in some much-needed width to the squad next season and he sees Jarvis as the man who could provide the ammunition for the new-look strikeforce of Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez.

A number of other Premier League clubs are thought to be tracking Jarvis ahead of this summer's transfer window, but Liverpool are hoping to steal a march on their rivals as they weigh up a move for the former Gillinghamman.

The 24-year-old would fit Liverpool's idea of bringing in young emerging players for the future and Dalglish is understood to be keen to add a British element to his squad for next season.

Wolves would be loathe to lose Jarvis, but they could face a battle to keep hold of the pacy winger if they fail to secure their Premier League status.

He would be a very good squad player but I would expect a more high profile winger to sign as well. Or two. In my opinion, we need to sign three wingers anyway with Jovanovic, Cole and Maxi leaving hopefully.

I like him but in my opinion he hasn't enough quality to improve the team. Looks great for Wolves but I have the feeling he wouldn't make the same impact here.

Likes to whip a ball into the box but I can't see him offering much more (but obviously maybe that's what we're looking for to help play to Carroll's strengths)

Would obviously like to be proven wrong..if there's any truth in this story.

Reminds me of Reira. I hope we are aiming higher then Jarvis.

This move (if true) has all the potential of being Jermaine Pennant MkII for me. Pacey, tricky, media-acclaimed, English wideman plays well for relegation fodder before getting big move to top team. And then fails. Because he's not as good as what people would have you believe.

Swerve.

This move (if true) has all the potential of being Jermaine Pennant MkII for me. Pacey, tricky, media-acclaimed, English wideman plays well for relegation fodder before getting big move to top team. And then fails. Because he's not as good as what people would have you believe.

Swerve.

to be fair to him and I'm speaking as someone who wasn't keen on signing him in the first place, after a poor start Pennant wasn't all that bad, did okay in the second half of 06/07 and had an excellent start to 07/08 but then lost his place to Dirk whilst injured and never got a look in after that

to be fair to him and I'm speaking as someone who wasn't keen on signing him in the first place, after a poor start Pennant wasn't all that bad, did okay in the second half of 06/07 and had an excellent start to 07/08 but then lost his place to Dirk whilst injured and never got a look in after that
Couldn't disagree more pennant was pure and total shite.

It's how the player fits into the big picture that's important.

Indeed, the most important factor. A player doesn't necessarily have to be world class if he adds balance to the team. Maybe we get too caught up on the individual rather than looking at the collective of the team.

I like Matt Jarvis. The thing with having natural width is it gives the team more balance even if the winger isn't the next Stanley Matthews.

Riera was a load of shite on the whole but during his first season we looked a really good team. The sum of the parts, as they say.

I like Matt Jarvis. The thing with having natural width is it gives the team more balance even if the winger isn't the next Stanley Matthews.

Riera was a load of shite on the whole but during his first season we looked a really good team. The sum of the parts, as they say.

I like Matt Jarvis too and wouldn't be disappointed if we signed him, but are the crosses that he whips in when he cuts inside on his right peg more suited to a goal poacher than a big target man like Carroll? There doesn't tend to be a great deal of height on the crosses that he delivers whenever I have seen him play.

Guest simon

Imagine him on our Right Brunt on the Left Adam in Midfield wed have 3 of the best assisters in our league. Suarez and Carroll would fucking love it.

Imagine him on our Right Brunt on the Left Adam in Midfield wed have 3 of the best assisters in our league. Suarez and Carroll would fucking love it.

Adam, Brunt and Jarvis starting in our midfield? That's something i hope i never see. All decnt players but we need better.

Seems a decent lad but I don't think he is even Wolves' best right winger.

Unfortunately Michael Kightly makes Aurelio look like the Terminator.

hasn't Kightly been more a case of one really bad injury than a million different ones a season?

Swerve.

Unfair. Much better crosser of the ball than Pennant and more consistent in his short time in the prem than Pennant ever was. Pennant had ability it just never worked out for him, that doesn't mean every other player similar to him isn't good enough. I'd be happy to see Jarvis here because he can beat a man and cross a ball and he doesn't need much space to do so either.