You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The most obvious answer is usually the correct one, he's just not good enough. He should have gone on loan in January I thought it was a pre requesit to him signing a new deal, we really need to come to some agreement with a club to loan out players, be it here or France or Belgium

Paddy, I've seen you say that a few times now and whilst I'm not gonna stand up and say I know hes world class or anything. To be fair to the lad hes hardly had much of a chance. His first team oppurtunities have been fairly limited.

And fair enough maybe thats an indication hes not good enough. But I'd rather the lad be given the chance so at least then we'll definitely know he hasnt got what it takes.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted I have not seen much of him, but the little I have seen clearly tells me that he should have been given more chances than he already has.

If we dont give him those chances I think we will regret it as compared to some of the dross we have been given loads of playing time this year Pacheco is on a different level, but unless he gets the chance to play together with better players over a consistent period we wil never know.

You reach a stage at youth/reserve level where the development stops and the truth is that you dont have to be the most impresseive player at youth7reserve level at all to become the one who will blossom into a quality player among better players.

We have wasted Pacheco as he has those abilities that will flourish together with better players, but for him to develop he needs playing time and he needs it now.

A good move for him if true.

Incredible, I actually find myself agreeing with The Code.

Is Pacheco good enough? maybe, maybe not but I know for certain that he’s a better option than Cole, Jovanovic and the like.

Paddy, I've seen you say that a few times now and whilst I'm not gonna stand up and say I know hes world class or anything. To be fair to the lad hes hardly had much of a chance. His first team oppurtunities have been fairly limited.

And fair enough maybe thats an indication hes not good enough. But I'd rather the lad be given the chance so at least then we'll definitely know he hasnt got what it takes.

I see were your coming from and I hope I'm proved wrong but I think he's 20 now and if he was gona make it with us he'd have made more of an impression by now, I hope he does well with Norwich and they get promoted, then leave him there on loan for a year to see how he does, anyway we need to be getting players out on loan alot more, I'd loan flanaghan and ngoo out next season to a championship club also as there's not enough games on the reserves to develop them, I think Coady could make the break into our matchday 18 next season so I'd keep him at the club

Pissed off with this The lad has looked quality to me anytime i've seen him,either live or on the box.Should have been given a decent run long ago especially with the likes of Jovanovic knocking around.It might be a size thing but i cant understand how Jonjo is getting so much game time when fit & Dani is virtually ignored especially in games like Braga where we couldnt create a decent shite between the whole team.

haven't read the whole thread, so forgive me its really mentioned.

Wasn't it Pacheco who got thumped by Reira? maybe Pacheco as an attitude problem which is part of the reason his progression hasn't gone as well has it should, we all know three managers have now reviewed him, in reserve games & in the training ground, so hes simple not what some make out, it would be better for him to move on; we all thought highly of Babel.... look how that turnout?

It's a funny one, as Kenny rates him by all accounts and only signed a contract recently? But also, if he wasn't going to get a chance, why wasn't he sent out on loan much sooner rather than at the very last minute? So, presumably he was in contention, up to a point, and someone has changed their mind? Kenny presumably. A theory would maybe be that Cole and Maxi are being put in the shop window from now until the end of the season and Dani will come back into the frame in the Summer once those two have hopefully been jettisoned.

He's a very talented lad, the most talented we've had come through in a long time, aside from Kelly perhaps, who only really proved how good he was when, shock, he was given a real chance, and hasn't looked back. Be a shame if Pacheco wasn't afforded the same opportunity in my opinion. He's much better prospect than Spearing or Shelvey like. Hmm!!

It's a funny one, as Kenny rates him by all accounts and only signed a contract recently? But also, if he wasn't going to get a chance, why wasn't he sent out on loan much sooner rather than at the very last minute? So, presumably he was in contention, up to a point, and someone has changed their mind?

I think it's probably because we've gone out of the Europa league.

I think it all depends on him. This might slap things into perspective and he'll either run back to Spain or stick it out and put in the work to make it here. If he stays I'm sure he'll come through at some point, but it's certainly delaying the process right now.

ASF translated this Marca interview for us all.

Don't think it's been posted. Marca did a little interview with Pacheco and I did a quick translation job.

Dani Pacheco (Pizarra, Malaga. January, 1991) is in the news. The young Liverpool player has been loaned out to Norwich FC until the end of May, a team currently playing in the English Championship and who are fighting for promotion to the Premier League. Pacheco looks very motivated and sees the move as a challenge. Right now he’s in Malaga but next Tuesday he will join his new club. He acknowledges that he’s “experienced some rough moments with the ‘reds’ and doesn’t want to go through them again”. Norwich have eight games left where he will have the opportunity to show whether he could one day become a top player. He's not lacking in desire.

What’s your take on the loan move from Liverpool to Norwich FC?

- I’m happy. I needed it. I asked for it in the summer but it’s only now that I’ve been granted permission. There are eight games left to play for Norwich where I will be able to gain experience and play minutes, which is what I've been looking for. Norwich are a team that have a lot at stake because there are possibilities to win promotion to the Premier League. After playing the European Championship with Spain [last summer] I asked for some playing time but I haven't gotten much of it at Liverpool. Now I'll have a chance to prove my value.

At Liverpool, have they told you whether you're going to be a part of their plans for next season?

- We’ll see. It’s too soon to talk about that. Liverpool still have to finish their PL games and once they’ve wrapped up the season, then we could get a better idea. We’ll talk after the season and after the U20 World Cup, where I've placed a lot of my hopes. I’ve experienced some rough moments and I don’t want to go through them again. I haven’t gotten a lot of chances and I don’t want to go through the same thing again.

Have you already made any contacts with your new team?

- I’ve spoken with the manager, the Scot Paul Lambert, and they’re going to facilitate everything for me at the club. I’ll be joining them on Tuesday and to be honest I’m very eager and looking forward. I want to regain the sensation of playing football.

Norwich are very close to promotion to the PL but they still need a little push…

- I’m going there with all the desire in the world. I’m an attacking player. I’ve been told that a few of their forward players are injured. I’ll arrive there with a lot of ambition.

Do you see yourself in Liverpool next season?

- You notice that all the Spanish influence has been leaving the reds. Changes have been made and you take notice. Liverpool have a philosophy and they’re hiring more English people again. I still have three years left in my contract.

Do you feel ready to make the jump to a front-of-the-line club so to speak?

- I have the confidence. I need to be given the opportunity and then I have to show I’m capable. I hope that I can be present at the U20 World Cup, it would mean a lot to me.

Marca.com