You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lucas - more tackles than any OTHER PL player

Guest San Don

Guest TK-421

For those who don't go on the TNF here is my Black Ops Lucas emblem.

photo2412.th.jpg

It's dead easy to make.

The "L" is a one curved

The "U" is a magnet

The "C" is a C

The "A" is an A

The "S" is the five digital

2 and 1 are both digital for the shirt number

The t-shirt is the shirt

The "Wozit" is his hair with the eyes filled in with anything sizeable enough

It works just as well for Dirk Kuyt.

% success rate?

A rather mediocre 64%. To place that in context, Parker with 112 tackles has a 77% success rate. Stats from link below:-

Premier League stats | Football Features, Music, Team of the Week, Twitter, Fantasy | Sky Sports

Paul Tomkins made an enormous and never-ending fuss one year about the stat that Jermaine Pennant had made the most crosses in the PL in the year before we signed him in order to claim that he was the league's best winger. Until it was pointed out that only one of those 90+ crosses led to a goal.

Stats eh?

People dont see how good he actualy is its wierd.

That's because he's not, he's the personification of average but it's suddenly become fashionable to rate him - he's the new Kuyt. If he played for another PL side and was put on the market, none of us would be clamouring for his signature - fact.

That's because he's not, he's the personification of average but it's suddenly become fashionable to rate him

Has it?

He's put in some good performances and has received credit for doing so.

The attitude and desire shown by players like Kuyt and Lucas earns them the benefit of doubt with some.

They've been dependable in what have been turbulent times for the club. Hopefully from the summer onwards we wont have to be so overly dependent on them as the team gets some badly needed investment.

Doesn't surprise me, because he had the scapegoat status for so long it's hard for people to realise that he's actually a really good player to have in the squad. He's improved a hell of a lot to the point where he's probably one of the first names on Kenny's team sheet. Fair play to the lad, I have a lot of time for him.

Guest simon
Doesn't surprise me, because he had the scapegoat status for so long it's hard for people to realise that he's actually a really good player to have in the squad. He's improved a hell of a lot to the point where he's probably one of the first names on Kenny's team sheet. Fair play to the lad, I have a lot of time for him.

I agree with all of this.

That's because he's not, he's the personification of average but it's suddenly become fashionable to rate him - he's the new Kuyt. If he played for another PL side and was put on the market, none of us would be clamouring for his signature - fact.

Totally agree with this.

Oh and can we please fuck off this uppercasing words crap, just to try and make a point. It only make you look like a moron, nothing else. It isn't smart, big or anything like it.

I don't mind Lucas. I think he is a good player. We can sign better in the summer, but even so, he's a decent option. Nothing spectacular. Tackle. Pass. Keeps it moving. I don't mind that so long as you have other players who will do something to hurt the opposition. Lucas is the water carrier Deschamps type. Nothing bad in that so long as we add a couple more special players in the summer.