You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reina continues to ready the fans for summer move.

Horus

That article doesn't reflect well on Carragher and Gerrard in my opinion. They knew they were fucking everything up and sat there in silence. Gerrard didn't sit there silently when it came to transfer requests, new contracts, and demanding the club was going in the right direction for him in 04-06.

Fair play to Pepe. He spoke out and tried to encourage the really powerful players to do the same.

It's easy for us fans to opinionate on this or that but when you're actually going through that situation like Carra or Stevie it must be fucking awful.

I'm sure they did what they thought was for the best...can we not just leave it at that?

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not taking anything for granted, but I think Reina is a bit smarter than Torres.

Although if he wants to leave to win trophies then I can definitely see why he would want to join those notorious silverware-hoarders Arsenal...

I'll get stick for this but:

Can't reveal my sources but they are definitely "in the know". I've been told by these sources that Reina has already told the club that if Arsenal or United come in with a £20m bid in the summer, he wants to join either of them, with his preference being United.

I personally don't believe it, but the person who told me got it from a good source and I can definitely confirm that the person who told me knows this source (a current, young player on the fringes of the first team squad).

i dont think he will leave yet,there is no way he will be allowed to go to man u and arsenal dont pay big transfer fees and big wages so i dont think he will go there either. The big two in spain are more than happy with their keepers so where else is there worth going to?

I sometimes wonder if the players think we actually won the Arsenal game. I know it was exciting to score so late on, but Pepe and Dirk throwing their jerseys to the crowd????

I said in the match thread I actually felt like we won the game after Dirk's pen went in. After going down so late on then fighting back was superb. I was only watching the game so it's not hard to understand the players reactions considering they actually played.

Can't reveal my sources but they are definitely "in the know". I've been told by these sources that Reina has already told the club that if Arsenal or United come in with a £20m bid in the summer, he wants to join either of them, with his preference being United.

I personally don't believe it, but the person who told me got it from a good source and I can definitely confirm that the person who told me knows this source (a current, young player on the fringes of the first team squad).

Ha textbook

Guest San Don
I sometimes wonder if the players think we actually won the Arsenal game. I know it was exciting to score so late on, but Pepe and Dirk throwing their jerseys to the crowd????

I sometimes fucking wonder about some fans too!

If the players just walk off the pitch they dont give a fuck and when they celebrate, they're celebrating the wrong fucking thing.

Do you every feel happy about Liverpool cos you dont give that impression.

as for reina, I think he'd be mad to leave Liverpool. He only has to look at mascherano, wanted to leave, now a sub at barca. The sulky one who moved to chelshit, cant score in a brothel right now.

And they arent the first players to leave a club and find it goes tits up pretty quickly.

De Gea doesn't convince me all that much but he is only 20 and it wouldn't surprise me if he did go to the Mancs and become a top goaly.

I have a nagging issue with him but I can't really put me finger on what I actually think he does wrong.

Sounds like bollocks

I definitely agree that we should sell him if he wants to go, but why would he want to go to Arsenal if his aim is to win things? Does he just want to play in the Champion's League with no real hope of actually winning it? Like I say, I think he's smarter than that. I could be wrong, but I don't see what he stands to gain trophy-wise by leaving us for them.

If he goes, he goes, but we need to get the right replacement. Not a sub-par keeper like Shay Given, whose only stand out ability is to be able to make camera saves with great frequency, and even then only because he cannot organise a defence to save his life. He's one of many goalies who'll look fantastic in a flaky team but is soon exposed when not called upon every five seconds.

If a goalkeeper is talked up because he is making "wonder saves" week in, week out, he's usually doing something wrong.

I sometimes fucking wonder about some fans too!

If the players just walk off the pitch they dont give a fuck and when they celebrate, they're celebrating the wrong fucking thing.

Do you every feel happy about Liverpool cos you dont give that impression.

as for reina, I think he'd be mad to leave Liverpool. He only has to look at mascherano, wanted to leave, now a sub at barca. The sulky one who moved to chelshit, cant score in a brothel right now.

And they arent the first players to leave a club and find it goes tits up pretty quickly.

Meh

Personally I think he's gone, based on the overwhelming evidence of _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _. I hope not. But if he does go (especially to THEM) he will go down in my estimation (that's a euphemism btw).

I tried to fix it for you, but then I drew a blank.

What I "personally think" (which is as thoroughly evidenced as your comment, like) is that any player would need to make sure we have a manager next season before he can commit his long term future.

If he goes, he goes, but we need to get the right replacement. Not a sub-par keeper like Shay Given, whose only stand out ability is to be able to make camera saves with great frequency, and even then only because he cannot organise a defence to save his life. He's one of many goalies who'll look fantastic in a flaky team but is soon exposed when not called upon every five seconds.

If a goalkeeper is talked up because he is making "wonder saves" week in, week out, he's usually doing something wrong.

How many years has Shay Given played at the top level of football, for club and country? Reported at the weekend that we're after him in the summer if Reina goes. Not only because he's a top class goalkeeper, but Kenny signed him twice before at his other clubs. He may well go for a hat-trick.

As for Reina, the only other options open to him are Arsenal, Spurs, or Spain. Chelsea don't want him, City won't buy him, and we don't sell to the mancs, period. Lots of players want to play CL. The committed ones stay where they are.