You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reina continues to ready the fans for summer move.

Horus

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like our various associations with a variety of French-speaking players came to an end when Ged's bug eyes exited stage left, so the same is happening with the Spanish-speaking lads: end of an era and all that. McGregor of Rangers would be a snip, turning us a tidy profit. Even if Pepe did choose Arsenal or the Mancs for next season we'll still finish above both!

Why when any team that bids £25m can sign him.

Thats the clause. Add on 25 million in wages over the next 5 years. 50 million and for a 29 year old that's too much. Even though he his a goalkeeper. Mancs or Arsenal will never pay that.

I think torres £50 million plus £50 million in wages making him the £100 million player is the last you will see for any one over 27 years old.

I know all this is speculation that he is looking to leave but I think if he were to move then it might be to At.Madrid. I am sure I read somewhere in the past a couple of years back that he wanted to play for them at one point in his career as his dad played for them one time or another. Might of been mentioned when we played them in the Champions League or something. If De Gea does leave then they will have the cash to sign him from us maybe.

Would be happy if we signed Steve Mandanda or Samir Handanovic who looked decent at the world cup.

He did say about Madrid and it would be when he was around 32 or 33 years old.

We'd get at least 20m for Pepe so that could be boxed off for his replacement like the Torres money was splashed out quick sharp seperate from the kitty if you get me.

I hope you are right Rob and he does stay but i've seen it too often to not think he's off and if he does stay I want him 100% committed, I dont want to get to next Febuary and he's at it again.

This is really the big moment for Reina, after the Torres thing and the way he's consistently spoken in the past. He doesn't have many clear and easy options really if he does leave.

The bottom line is that he should see that we're on the verge of a new, better chapter and that, given his limited options, it makes sense to stay here.

Spain - unlikely, maybe Barca to challenge Valdes but unlikely. Madrid no, other teams no, mainly becuase they're shitter than us.

Other countries - this is maybe an option but again, which Italian team would be a better move than staying here where he's loved and where we're improving? Bayern? Do they even need a keeper?

Stay in England. Again, it's really Arsenal and United. Is Arsenal really a good move? They never win fuck all so what's the point? Better of here IMO. United? Well, fuck me but I'd think that's not an option. If that is an option then he reveals himself IMO and we're better off rid.

Club legend? I personally have faith that he'll realise the right thing to do so I'll be disappointed if he goes in that sense.

Juve, Milan and Bayern all need a keeper

I don't know much about European leagues but I do know that it'd be a terrible decision for him to fuck off to Italy or to Bayern (perhaps a bit less so) to play for one of those simply because they're in the Champions League, if they even are. That'd be insulting really. As i say though, I have faith in the man to see sense here.

So?

Fuck 'em. Every club needs a keeper. As it happens, we have the world's best and (contrary to the thread title - and the shitstirring lies of the hacks) he's given no real suggestion that he wants to do anything other than honour the long contract he recently signed.

He has this on his facebook thing now:

After a week with the Spanish National Team, I return to Liverpool with the desire to play on Saturday and give everything for my team. Very important game to keep close to Europe. YNWA!!

Irrelevant, I know. Only the normal sound bites, Torres saying this sort of stuff used to make me think he got us. Doesn't mean jack. I think he is off, hope he stays but can't see it.

/QUOTE]

That quote might be a bit of lightweight, soundbite fluff - but it's still got more substance to it than anything so far put forward by the "he's definitely leaving" lobby.

Juve are seventh in Italy and have a well worse team than us, I doubt Milan would have the money to buy him and Bayern are nailed on to go for Neuer I reckon.

The only clubs realistically who could go for him are the Mancs and Arsenal and I can't see either paying the price for him. I reckon he will be here next season because no one will meet our asking price.

Guest San Don

at this moment, apart from staying, his only viable options would appear to be united, arsenal or bayern.

Hang on to your hats or is that gloves at the end of the season!

The Mancs are in for De Gea, so assuming City don't want him then Arsenal are the only realistic bidders. I think Wenger is more likely to stick with Sczsezny than stump up £20 million for Reina.

I agree, especially since they don't normally spend big on players with no re-sale value and to spend £20mil on Reina and a similar amount on wages over 5 years doesn't seem to fit into their policy.

He would be 33/34 in 5 years time and they would be probably only get a quarter of what they pay back for him.