You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wenger is a graceless fucker. I genuinely hate him. Redknapp can be a twat but you could see him genuinely expecting wenger to speak to him at the end after a fantastic game of football. But no, wenger barely shakes his hand and storms off down the tunnel. What a massive fucking twat.

Guest TK-421

Good game, hopefully Chelsea can put pressure on the mancs because Arsenal can not be relied upon to do anything but capsize when the season reaches its conclusion.

If only the Mancs had given us this many chances in 2009, instead of a 10 game winning streak, as we'd have pissed it.

I can't say any more about Arsenal than has already been said. They truely are a joke with no punch line.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced we can challenge next season.

It is very unfair' date=' we are on a 15-game unbeaten run and no-one else has done that. This team has an outstanding attitude.[/quote']

8 of them were fucking draws you fucking dribbling spacker! You could go unbeaten all season and get fucking 38 points you gigantic blancmange brained perma-ponce. Why don't interviewers ever take this up? Why don't they say "Yeah but 8 of those were draw, you cock. In case you hadn't noticed it is better to win one and lose one than draw two, you humongous sleeping bag wearing spanner". I'd watch the interviews more if they did that.

I hope Wenger manages Arsenal forever and him and their fans can pleasure themselves over possession stats and passing percentages. You don't get a trophy parade for winning the Carling Cup eh Arsene? Well you sure as fuck won't be attending one this year unless your missus stands on the sofa cheering while you walk through the lounge with you Cock Of The Year cup.

Redknapp should have lamped the cheeky twat.

I think that's a little unfair. I wouldn't say a loss/draw away to spurs should be classed as "bottling it." If they do surrender a lead to lose, or a 2-0, 3-1 lead to draw, then that is bottling it.

I guess it's safe to say they bottled it then. It's amazing how every season seems to be the same with them. Hence my diary earlier in this thread.

Guest TK-421

Sublime strike by Huddlestone and I thought Crouch was very influential for Spurs. Arsenal threw it away again and only have themselves to blame, it was a definite penalty.

Guest TK-421
They're apparently looking to change their name to just 'Nal' as they've not got any Arse.

BOOM!

I was gunner make that joke.

I think that's a little unfair. I wouldn't say a loss/draw away to spurs should be classed as "bottling it." If they do surrender a lead to lose, or a 2-0, 3-1 lead to draw, then that is bottling it.

We have a winner

EDIT: Already spotted above, never mind.

Interesting piece in the Guardian about the Arsenal model!

Arsenal's board cash in from Stan Kroenke after 30 expense-free years | David Conn | Sport | guardian.co.uk

Cesc Fábregas's pointed questioning of the "Arsenal way" and the sudden outbreak of fans querying the club's direction are coming, in a neat coincidence, just days after Arsenal's chairman, Peter Hill-Wood, sang his and the board's own praises as they sold their shares to Stan Kroenke.

Arsenal's "self-sustaining business model", as Hill-Wood and his fellow directors have come to call it, has been paraded to the parliamentary select committee's inquiry into football and to Uefa as the embodiment of virtue, compared to the plutocrat-subsidised loss-making at Chelsea and Manchester City. In a nutshell it means that Arsenal spend what they earn, from the 60,361-seat Emirates Stadium and other income they make, and the directors or shareholders do not put their own money in.

It is the sensible way for football clubs to be run and what Uefa requires in its financial fair-play rules, but there are some serious problems with the fairness of the self-congratulatory Arsenal "model". Over almost 30 years not one director or shareholder of Arsenal has put a penny into the club itself, while they have made vast personal millions for themselves out of selling their Arsenal shares.

Hill-Wood last week said that as directors, "protecting the ethos and spirit" of the club was "a key responsibility", so they were selling to Kroenke because they are confident he will be a "safe custodian". Secure that they were doing their duty, Hill-Wood banked £4.7m for his shares, Lady Nina Bracewell-Smith £116m and Danny Fiszman, who was terminally ill by then and has since died, £117m for his family.

None of that money is going back into Arsenal, whether to buy and fund the wages of some senior experienced players Fábregas argues they desperately need – that would be contrary to the "self-sustaining model" – or to keep ticket prices the right side of extortionate. It is all for the custodians to keep.

Arsenal's self-sustaining model now apparently requires prices to rise again, 6.5%, at the stadium that already has the most expensive tickets in the Premier League – and therefore the world. Arsenal Supporters' Trust, managing creditably to campaign for the club's soul while diplomatically seeking an influence, is challenging what these price rises are to be spent on, while other fans are simply, angrily, objecting to forking out more.

Arsène Wenger's resistance to signing the kind of colonels Fábregas is calling for is said to be due to the manager's own philosophical insistence that he wants to win things with kids. Hill-Wood and his fellow board members, all senior citizens, appear to have left that to the manager over the years, using the club's money to pay down the stadium debt rather than buy players. While sensible, of course, to reduce the debt, that also made the trophy-less club, and the directors' shares, more attractive financially for Kroenke to buy.

Arsenal's status as the club whose way set an example to all does deserve to be challenged. It never was a "sustainable model", which other clubs could follow, if a 60,000-seat stadium, in the nation's richest catchment area – London and the south-east – is what football now requires to be competitive.

Now, though, the model appears to be to hit the fans with another 6.5% ticket-price rise, while the directors, who put no money into the club, pat themselves on the back as they put multiple millions into their own bank accounts.

Vieira and Henry are the two of those for me that they have completely missed replacing. Bergkamp too going back a bit. Their midfield is technically gifted but they have no one like Vieira to put the boot in. Any team would miss Henry mind, but they haven't found a replacement anywhere near good eough. I thought chamakh looked promising at the start, and he certainly fitted into the team, being French and looking like a soppy twat. What happened with him?

They have won nothing since they sold Vieira, himself on the other hand.

Arse in vinegar is making out that Arsenal have been playing through adversity and it's great team spirit to get through it. What adversity? they huff and puff and fuck it all up all by themselves. He thinks other teams should feel privileged to play Arsenal, Arsenal play football like a group of wannabe born dancers whose dads have forced them to play the game instead, yet they still dream of the theatre. Southern Fairies sums them up nicely.