You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If they lose their supremely talented Spaniard?

Doesn't seem to have done us much harm. He still seems capable of spotting a good player.

Trouble with Arsenal's woes is that people have been telling him to do 'the obvious' for a good few seasons now, it's no wonder they're (finally) getting a bit stroppy with Wenger.

It's like he won't listen - but surely he's not that dense?

Will the ownership change loosen up some funds for a few decent, experienced signings?

On a different level, they're a bit like us; waiting for summer action to match spring words.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell you what, if Barca DON'T come in for Fabregas this summer then Cesc will get very very stroppy and have a 'mare of a season next year ahead of a move.

Personally, I think Arsenal are fucked.

There will be plenty of suitors for Cesc. I think Ramsey is a very capable replacement, with Nasri being more than capable of playing that role as well, I don't think it's a bigger concern than say the centre back position where their best is a crock (Vermaelen) and plenty of nearly players.

Tell you what, if Barca DON'T come in for Fabregas this summer then Cesc will get very very stroppy and have a 'mare of a season next year ahead of a move.

From what I've heard and seen Cesc already had a horrible season (by his standards, obviously) this time around. I reckon they are fucked as well unless A) Wenger spends big on the right kinds of players or B) they get a new and brilliant manager in.

The reality is they need some better players especially up front where Van Persie is their only decent player and has a horrendous fitness record and in defence where they are vulnerable and can get bullied.

They've made some bad signings in recent years but Wenger's approach isn't flawed in the way some people seem to believe and if they give him time I think he'll make them a real force again.

People seem to keep highlighting his trophy record over the past 6 years but Shankly once went 7 years without winning anything for us. Thankfully, we kept the faith or the 17 years that followed where we won everything might not have followed.

If you were Pep, and you had £50 million, would you spend 80% of that on a midfielder who is not as good as the three that you have already!

Or do you buy a top class centre half, a top class left back, and maybe a back up striker like Drogba?

There was a reason that Barca did not spend the £40 million last summer, they did not want to, and his price has not increased.

If you were Pep, and you had £50 million, would you spend 80% of that on a midfielder who is not as good as the three that you have already!

Or do you buy a top class centre half, a top class left back, and maybe a back up striker like Drogba?

There was a reason that Barca did not spend the £40 million last summer, they did not want to, and his price has not increased.

Xavi will start dropping deeper as he gets older. Fabregas would be the future of Barca's midfield.

I think he'll go there. I just think he's being a cunt on purpose so Wenger gets fed up with him. Arsenal will get 30 Million for Fabregas. Then Wenger will spend 8 Million on a new replacement. Then he'll spend 22 Million on the excuses that he hasn't adapted and gelled with the team.

Arsenal could still win the league if they win there last 6 games but it wont happen starting tonight

The biggest bunch of bottlers i have ever seen watching football

You know if they won the next 5 they would through it away against Fulham last game of the season

They desperately need winners in that team not losers

There will be plenty of suitors for Cesc. I think Ramsey is a very capable replacement, with Nasri being more than capable of playing that role as well, I don't think it's a bigger concern than say the centre back position where their best is a crock (Vermaelen) and plenty of nearly players.

Not the point. Cesc is a diehard boyhood card-carrying Barca fan. he is desperate to play for them. If they stop showing interest, he will go mad.

I agree he's not worth £40. Maybe £30m at a push. But there is something about playing for the club you have loved since you could think, that adds that extra bit to your game. Gerrard knows it. You wouldn't have seen some of the super-human performances we have seen of Stevie had he gone to Chelsea. I think Pep knows it to, and he'd liek to haev Fabregas in his squad. But he'll only wait so long.

It's be funnier again if Barca bid for Wilshere instead.

Guest ian garro
They've made some bad signings in recent years but Wenger's approach isn't flawed in the way some people seem to believe and if they give him time I think he'll make them a real force again.

People seem to keep highlighting his trophy record over the past 6 years but Shankly once went 7 years without winning anything for us. Thankfully, we kept the faith or the 17 years that followed where we won everything might not have followed.

Obviously you've got a point there, and we all know patience is a good thing etc, it's just that when the same manager makes the same mistakes, year after year, whilst also refusing to take any blame or criticism for any of their shortcomings, patience soon becomes bloody mindedness.

As has been said earlier, their seasons have become hilariously predictable. Start off like a house on fire, fall away, then implode in a crescendo of finger pointing and blame laying (them to outside). The managers' signings over the last few years, instead of remedying this, have made it become even more predictable.

I hope he stays there, and continues to make the club money, whilst also "sticking to his principles". It'll make it easier for us to overtake them.

Obviously you've got a point there, and we all know patience is a good thing etc, it's just that when the same manager makes the same mistakes, year after year, whilst also refusing to take any blame or criticism for any of their shortcomings, patience soon becomes bloody mindedness.

As has been said earlier, their seasons have become hilariously predictable. Start off like a house on fire, fall away, then implode in a crescendo of finger pointing and blame laying (them to outside). The managers' signings over the last few years, instead of remedying this, have made it become even more predictable.

I hope he stays there, and continues to make the club money, whilst also "sticking to his principles". It'll make it easier for us to overtake them.

I hope they get rid of him to be honest as I think that would do us much more of a favour.

It will be interesting to see what they do in the Summer with having a new owner. I wouldn't be shocked if they spent a bit more this year but it will be interesting to see.

Guest ian garro
It will be interesting to see what they do in the Summer with having a new owner. I wouldn't be shocked if they spent a bit more this year but it will be interesting to see.

I think his Captains quotes today are trying to back him into a corner regarding his spending this summer, so you're probably right.

If he does the same this year, as he's done the last 5 or 6, and they go on the same - buying players they didn't really need, ludicrous seasons joyride - he'll probably have to walk next summer.

Fabregas definitely hasn't been himself this season. Don't know if it's the injuries or if his mind is elsewhere, but his standards have clearly dropped. It's pretty clear that he wants to go to Barca at some point, but will he have to wait yet another year? As with Mascherano, I can't see where he is going to get a game in their team.

What do you reckon tonight? Win or bottle it?

I think that's a little unfair. I wouldn't say a loss/draw away to spurs should be classed as "bottling it." If they do surrender a lead to lose, or a 2-0, 3-1 lead to draw, then that is bottling it.

Agree about Diaby, he is like Viera light, makes a few silly fouls cos he can't tackle and makes simple passes here and there and people make out like he is similar, he is nowhere near that level and never will be.

Having said that he does improve them when he plays over some total spazz kid but he is always injured, likewise Song who I do rate but although he does do a share of defensive work he is more David Dunn than Didi Hamaan and not the answer.

They should sell Diaby he will never be that good, he hasn't got a winners mentality and just go out and buy Mascherano, then Wenger can start to allow his fannies to fanny around in little triangles and quadrangles.

For all the talent in it I'd rather have our squad and youth team than theres as they need 4 defenders a goalie, Mascherano and need to sell all their cripple forwards or the ones that can pass a medical and buy abar 3 forwards maybe 4. That's if Cesc doesn't leave them and lets see if the transfer genius can pull that lot off, whilst getting bummed by Andy's Lineghan.