You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Looks like we are the new wimbeldon

andrew78

Guest PurpleNose

Don't think it really matters how many creative players you have in midfield if the ball is hoofed over them for the entire game.

Don't think it really matters how many creative players you have in midfield if the ball is hoofed over them for the entire game.

If we had more creative players, the defenders mightn't look to play t long all the time. I hope that will be the case anyway.

They were passing the ball backwards in the first place. It was only hoofed over them because they were all too scared/shit/unwilling to try and go forward themselves.

2 days on and im still furious.

Guest PurpleNose
True, but they need to be offering themselves and demanding the ball.

If we had more creative players, the defenders mightn't look to play t long all the time. I hope that will be the case anyway.

They were passing the ball backwards in the first place. It was only hoofed over them because they were all too scared/shit/unwilling to try and go forward themselves.

2 days on and im still furious.

The blame has to be shared. With the manager as well.

The team seemed unsure what the plan was tactically. There appeared to be a huge gap between defence and attack, one that the midfield couldn't manage to deal with. Not even a trace of cohesion.

I share your anger, RB. This was our last chance to win a trophy this season, and we went out with a whimper.

We are too pedestrian as individuals (although the opposite against scum where we had time and .....er...Suarez) and as a team.

If the midfielders won't demand the ball and are able to do something with it - although that does depend on options being available which goes back to us being pedestrian.... circle completed.

This made the 'lump ball' more attractive and eventually nearly the only option. Although the best move was carra's first time ball to glen hugging the touchline which nearly resulted in raul scoring. sadly there wasn't enough of this incisive play.

We are too pedestrian as individuals (although the opposite against scum where we had time and .....er...Suarez) and as a team.

If the midfielders won't demand the ball and are able to do something with it - although that does depend on options being available which goes back to us being pedestrian.... circle completed.

This made the 'lump ball' more attractive and eventually nearly the only option. Although the best move was carra's first time ball to glen hugging the touchline which nearly resulted in raul scoring. sadly there wasn't enough of this incisive play.

It all goes back to training day in, day out. If you treat the ball like a fucking hot potaoe you've no chance.

I'm confident Kenny was at least as fucked off as we were following that shite. It had his name on it rightly or wrongly after all.

It's a work in progress. Carroll will show more to his game when Suarez is in and around him. And they will both show a lot more when we add a quality, pacey winger in the summer. And then all three of them will show more to their game when the midfield and defence is right.

As we've shown in the league under Kenny, we are not a bad side at all. But there is no depth. The UEFA Cup is making that abundantly clear.

Three first teamers in the summer (or more if we dare hope for more than three) and we will be in the mix next season, I'm convinced of that.

1. Top notch winger

2. Top notch central defender

3. Top notch midfielder

Lots of people have said we need a left back. We could get Taiwo on a free, or I'd be more than happy to keep Johnson there, as he has done very well for us since he switched over.

Good post

It's the squad. Don't think Kenny could have got much else out of a squad without Suarez and Gerrard. Just look at the bench for christ's sake. It's not as if he had brilliant players sitting there.

I think it's lazy to blame anyone to be honest, just put it down to the last few years of mis management off the field, get a proper summer with money, let Kenny build a squad and crack on.

You don't spend £35m to then copy Wimbledon's footballing philosophy.

Whilst last night was fucking garbage and i have reservations about carrol last night can not be blamed on him.

We will use Carrol's ability in the air but it will come from crosses whipped in to the box for him to attack rather than aimlessly hoofing the ball from the back.

Damn straight!!