You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsed

bri

Who's arsed about the Europa League anyway it's shite and goes on all bloody season with crap away games in countries you've never heard of. Push on for as high up the table as possible but just concentrate on the league next year to get a solid top 4 spot

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was thinking exactly the same.

Was proper fucked off last night having Sky+'d it, but this morning I'm like meh.

Don't get me wrong, it'd would've been great to win the thing, and it would've been a lot harder to stomach going out if we'd a full strength side. But tis a reserve team competition. It was handy that the likes of Wilson/Kelly/Carroll got time under there belts, but nothing more.

The local comentator mentioned two things last night.

Firstly, it was Liverpool's 14th game in the Europa League thus season, and it hadn't reached the QF stage yet!

Secondly, the financial reward for getting to the QF's? The princely sum of €310k...hardly 2 weeks wages for Gerrard.

We're better off without it.

Was thinking exactly the same.

Was proper fucked off last night having Sky+'d it, but this morning I'm like meh.

Don't get me wrong, it'd would've been great to win the thing, and it would've been a lot harder to stomach going out if we'd a full strength side. But tis a reserve team competition. It was handy that the likes of Wilson/Kelly/Carroll got time under there belts, but nothing more.

The local comentator mentioned two things last night.

Firstly, it was Liverpool's 14th game in the Europa League thus season, and it hadn't reached the QF stage yet!

Secondly, the financial reward for getting to the QF's? The princely sum of €310k...hardly 2 weeks wages for Gerrard.

We're better off without it.

Yes I am.

It's a trophy and thats what we are here for.

It's given a few of the young lads a good run out to get a feel for what European football is all about ready for Champuions League in 2012/13.

Lack of any European football could deter the quality of footballer we clearly need to attract in the summer.

Arsed - I'm F...ing gutted.

Thats what am saying, Europa league is worse than the league cup and on a par with the charity sheild for me. Bring back the UEFA cup, fucking champions league meddlers. And the Super Cup. The intertoto and Anglo italian cups have mixed with the CL format now become the Europa.

At the end of the day no one is going to count the UEFA cup on any meaningful level it's only a butt of jokes, it's clearly CL wins, League wins then onto the FA cup and so on, I dread the day I have to argue with a manc by pulling out the stats 'well we've won more Europa cups than you'.

Edited by dennis tooth

Guest davelfc

Yep I'm pretty gutted we went out. It was a trophy and our only chance of one and we won't get it now. European football no matter who we are playing does help to develop players and you need to be in it on a regular basis.

There may not be as much cash in the europa but it still is a different style of football to the premiership and having your players getting that experience can not be a bad thing.

But we were knackered in this competition because Suarez cannot play, Carroll is very good but just back from an injury and well you saw what just him in the side does. Hoof!

With Suarez and Carroll we hopefully will not need to hoof it as much, because I don't know if I can watch that style of football from my seat at Anfield every week.

Anyway we're out, let's throw ourselves into one hell of a winning streak that starts on Sunday.

I would have liked to have won it but just being in the tournament shows you have failed.

We should never be in that tournament.

We need to get some pride back for the rest of the season and next season I would go all out for every premiership game, I would play reserves in the domestic cups.

We are not good enough to challenge on all fronts, only the scum have really managed it and it took them years to get it right

I'm extremely pissed off.

The very fact that we couldn't see off a well organised but limited side in Braga, with a piss poor away record in Europe , just shows how much we have slipped. They did nothing more than play with a high tempo, crowd the midfield and press the ball. Hardly rocket science yet we were unable to find the answer. The squad is paper thin and its going to be difficult to attract decent players without European football next season. The Europa league maybe a poor substitute for CL but were not good enough for it at the moment which is the sad part surely..

Minimal impact for me. I know the Club will be "dissapointed with going out of Europe, were here to win trophies etc etc." But secretly inside you know they already know the squad isn't deep enough to cater for a decent European run. The first five or six players are carrying the rest of the team through that tournament. Yep it might be good experience for younger players but it's equally detrimental to league form for the others

I'd happily be out of it next year and not have to play what are 14-19 shite games extra if it means we can push top 4. As for players coming in I doubt whether trips to outerbijarn are that much of miss. Didn't deter Suarez did it. Europa League is a massive farce

I hope this £35 M geordie gallut is going to be something other than a bloody target man for a knock down. Depressing a fuck watching that all night.

Minimal impact for me. I know the Club will be "dissapointed with going out of Europe, were here to win trophies etc etc." But secretly inside you know they already know the squad isn't deep enough to cater for a decent European run. The first five or six players are carrying the rest of the team through that tournament. Yep it might be good experience for younger players but it's equally detrimental to league form for the others

I'd happily be out of it next year and not have to play what are 14-19 shite games extra if it means we can push top 4. As for players coming in I doubt whether trips to outerbijarn are that much of miss. Didn't deter Suarez did it. Europa League is a massive farce

I hope this £35 M geordie gallut is going to be something other than a bloody target man for a knock down. Depressing a fuck watching that all night.

Go easy on him now, it's early days for him here, the only clear fact is that he likes a drinkypoo.

A trophy is a trophy simple.Dont care if its the tiddly winks championship winning is winning.A winning mentality is what is needed not we dont care about this and that as then you end up with fuck all yet again.Its sad now that all i have to cling onto is the manc twats getting knocked out of both cups and cheering arsenal on for the league.Just cannot cope with them winning anything while we are just so shit

Gutted because, what top players would go to a club without CL or Europa? .

Players aren't bothered about the Europa League. Christ, 3rd place in Germany gets you into the Champions League.

The Europa League is just a dead concept to me, the UEFA Cup only survived past the CL inception because it had it's name and history.

Take away the name, and you've not got a slightly more expensive InterToto Cup.

Even if we qualified for the Europa League next season, I'd prefer if we opted out of it, like United did in the FA Cup a while back. Aboslutely nothing to gain, except injuries and a fucked up fixture list.

The Europa League is just a dead concept to me, the UEFA Cup only survived past the CL inception because it had it's name and history.

Take away the name, and you've not got a slightly more expensive InterToto Cup.

Even if we qualified for the Europa League next season

The Intertoto wasn't a trophy. The UEFA Cup is a competition 50 years old, and we've won 3 times. There's zero comparison. You don't get a choice to opt out of any European competition. If you qualify, you qualify.

We are a club in the trophy-winning business, whether it's the League, the Champions League, or the League Cup. Everyone of them is worth fighting for.